Stop bashing CMR

I didn't panic either. I root for the Canes until the end. Glad they made it to the end.....And ******* won.
I also stayed with it. I was so emotionally drained after the Oklahoma, Texas game I just relaxed and decided we would be 4-2 if I had too.

Advertisement
Two things can be true at once, gentleman:

- Overall, Richt did not call a good game.

- While the above is true, Richt also called some great plays when we needed them, especially the two 4th down touchdowns.

He was aggressive at random points, but conservative for the majority of the game. For example, that one series where we ran all three downs for negative yards when we were down 20 was ridiculous.

Play calling was too conservative. He coached scared on offense and it allowed FSU to hang around and think they could play with us. If you're going to start the freshman, you have to trust him some.

Yep it was real conservative to go for it on 4th down FOUR times in critical situations. The two trick plays were also super conservative, right?

We have a coach to continues to take us to levels we haven't been at since around 2003 or so . It is one thing to admit he needs to improve on a thing here or there but to act like he isn't a top 15 coach is being a total idiot . Best coach since JJ we have had hands down. Period.
First of all, I am a huge Richt supporter and appreciate what he has done for the Canes. But it fair to question some of the decisions he has made like hiring his son to be the QB coach. Is he going to be able to fairly evaluate his sons performance as a coach on his staff? Is he going to be able to fairly evaluate his own play calling abilities which were lacking tonight? Are we going to focus on fixing our horrendous special teams which seem to be getting worse.

Make no mistake. We barely beat a bad football team today. Rivalry or no rivalry, the game should not have been that close. We had tons of recruits at that game and almost **** the bed in front of them. Now you have UF taking out LSU today and that’s going to make recruiting a lot tougher. At some point we need to be able to take the next step or we will always be a borderline top 20 team....

players love richt. he's always gotten love from his kids. Our attribtion rate has been very low since he has been here. we only lose kids who cant hack it here.

Advertisement
Starting Redshirt Frosh QB + Starting Two True Frosh at TE + Missing Best WR + Awful OL

Coach did an AMAZING job today and didn't panic

BTW - we have a 2 game winning streak FSU --- be happy and go canes
What are you talking about? Jeff Thomas played today...

Starting Redshirt Frosh QB + Starting Two True Frosh at TE + Missing Best WR + Awful OL

I give coach credit for keeping them from folding, but let's be honest. This was a brutal coaching performance. He got thoroughly outcoached by Taggart, play calling was brutal at times, and STs is a mess. Manny and zebras bailed his *** out. I like Richt, he's doing all the right things from a macro sense for the program, but this was not a good day for him today, period. We can admit that and be **** happy we escaped with the win.

Advertisement
For the people saying Richt doesn't deserve criticism...Have you ever read a Bama board when they have underperformed? It makes this one seem tame in comparison about the things they say about Saban.

Yep it was real conservative to go for it on 4th down FOUR times in critical situations. The two trick plays were also super conservative, right?
The second he was getting desperate right before half. On the third one, we had to because we were down by 20 and the fourth one was to finish the game because our field goal missed a field goal my grandmother would have made.

Our oline played bad for sure but richts play calling certainly didn’t help them either in this game. Those slow developing run plays on first down was dumb imo

Advertisement
We were a two td favorite against a ****** team. We looked like we were facing the 86 bears.

Total **** show.

All you *** kisses talk **** all week about “FSU sucking and it’ll be a blowout “.

Then when Richt lays a huge **** “ again” on offense the excuses start. Fsu’s Dc whipped his ***. Facts!!

Manny saved his ***.

Facts!

Average per rush was like 2.4 and passing completion was 40%. That’s just not going to cut it, i don’t care what you say that falls on Richt. He needs to make some changes because it’s just not QB that was the problem like we assumed. He needs to be a better play caller but I don’t know if that’s possible.

We won

But....we came out FLAT
This is Miami FSU
Play calling at times was atrocious. At times we ran the ball on offense when we had no business doing so.
This was a home gane against our arch rival and the players looked looked lethargic and out of it in the first half. Get these guys ready and amped to play. We have some real talent. USE IT

Advertisement
Play calling at times was atrocious. At times we ran the ball on offense when we had no business doing so.

The main criticism I have of Richt this game. FSU clearly stacked the box and we mismatched one on one coverage. We should have been throwing all over Taggart's sorry *** D.[/QUOTE]

We beat corch Taggarts mighty 3-3 Samford losing team at home by 1. In year 3, with zero probation, loss of scholarships, etc.
Break out the champagne.

The special teams is a big problem. FSU should not have passed 14 points. 2 of their TDs resulted directly from bad special teams. We gonna have to figure how to get another punter in here.

Advertisement
Back