Stop bashing CMR

As so many here have said, Richt should hire a really good OC, like Kendall Briles or even Ken Dorsey, and take full control of ST himself, that would be the smart move, although I don't see it happening. I would be happy if he would just show a little creativity on his play calling, its seems like he has his mind made up pregame what plays he's gonna call defense be dammed. Like when they stack the box and your still trying to run dive plays when the outside is wide open, why does a coach in his 14th year do that, maybe that's why UGA told him if he didn't hire an OC they would fire him, it's funny he still fashion's himself a play caller. You know your OL is a weak point and you need to help them all you can with play calling, other team puts 8 in box, so you run right at em, he's so hard headed. We have studs all over the place but its like he don't know how to use them, like when the box is stacked check out of it and hit the TE on a drag route, or go down field it's one on one out there with no help their all inside. Same exact thing he did at Georgia and a coach that won't change gets left behind or fired just like Georgia, what's scary to me is that it seems he learned nothing from that

Advertisement
As so many here have said, Richt should hire a really good OC, like Kendall Briles or even Ken Dorsey, and take full control of ST himself, that would be the smart move, although I don't see it happening. I would be happy if he would just show a little creativity on his play calling, its seems like he has his mind made up pregame what plays he's gonna call defense be dammed. Like when they stack the box and your still trying to run dive plays when the outside is wide open, why does a coach in his 14th year do that, maybe that's why UGA told him if he didn't hire an OC they would fire him, it's funny he still fashion's himself a play caller. You know your OL is a weak point and you need to help them all you can with play calling, other team puts 8 in box, so you run right at em, he's so hard headed. We have studs all over the place but its like he don't know how to use them, like when the box is stacked check out of it and hit the TE on a drag route, or go down field it's one on one out there with no help their all inside. Same exact thing he did at Georgia and a coach that won't change gets left behind or fired just like Georgia, what's scary to me is that it seems he learned nothing from that

This is not happening. It is a waste of time wishing for it on your part. We will ride or die with Richt's pro-style offense.

I also doubt he has the $ to hire a top OC. We hired a GA as the 10th coach. That should tell you that we have some $ concerns.

Bashing? It is a discussion.

Please note the numbers below are just against ACC play and the sample for 2018 is incredibly small.

2016 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 29.38 (This includes the 14 points the D scored against GT, 2 Fumble TDs) [Actual Points Scored is 27.625]
Yards Gained: 394.13
Turnovers: .63
Sacks: 2
Tackles for Loss: 5.5

2017 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 27.125 (This includes the 7 points the D scored against UVA, Johnson Pick 6) [Actual Points Scored is 26.25]
Yards Gained: 392.625
Turnovers: 1.25
Sacks: 2.375
Tackles for Loss: 5.375

----- (Through UNC and FSU)

2018 (averages): Offense

Points Scored: 37.5 (This includes the 21 points the D scored against UNC) [Actual Points Scored is 27.00]
Yards Gained: 330
Turnovers: 1.5
Sacks: 3.5
Tackles for Loss: 9.5

4 years to bring in the right talent for the offense? How come the defense with a average DC doesn't need 4 years? Perhaps this offense would be very special with better coaching?
I think you have done a pretty good job outlining our offensive woes but here’s one more I would like to add. How about Richt’s inability as a play caller to effectively utilize his main weapons (Jeff Thomas) who might be the most electrifying man in college football. Through 6 games he has touched the ball on offense just 17 times. Why aren’t we figuring out ways to get the ball to him 8-10 times a game with bubble screens and quick rub routes giving him the chance to make a play with the ball.

Garbage STs
Garbage Playcalling
Garbage OL play

THIS. And all 3 need to be addressed ASAP. Love Richt but he needs more help. Bring in a dedicated STs coach and an OC.

And regarding the OL -- How in the **** was it that &hitty FSU OLine was able to perform as well as they did, but our OLine with better talent could not get their &hit together until the second half?

Advertisement
If you don't see the O is much improved in several areas this year, especially with Perry. I don't know what to tell ya.

The next several games will answer the debate.

I think the sample size at UGA was more than enough. Then his first two years here reflected those same obvious issues.

Starting Redshirt Frosh QB + Starting Two True Frosh at TE + Missing Best WR + Awful OL

Coach did an AMAZING job today and didn't panic

BTW - we have a 2 game winning streak FSU --- be happy and go canes
Obviously you unaware serious criticism and critical analysis comes with the any huge sport and event. One can be a dedicated fan while also being critical of the coach and his obvious shortcomings- he's not a good OC or play caller- that's fact not criticism.

I think the over whelming majority either love Richt or deeply appreciate evrything he has done to revitalise this program. That being said he hasnt earned a blank check. Nothing wrong with holding him accountable. Pointing out areas where the team can improve. Right now (in my humble opinion) play calling is definately an area where we can improve. I Definately understand the Oline struggles. I know our talent there is young. I know at times he was obviously just trying to posses the ball slow down the game to give the Defense a blow. But there were times late in the 3rd and early in the 4th where is playing it safe. Also its gotten to the point where his tendancies(what he calls in certain situations)are obvious. Me sitting at home on the coach along with the broadcast team call out the fact that he is going to run Qb draw from the 5 yard line. Broadcast team has watched ours of tape seen a bunch of games. No surprise they recognize it but a guy who never played higher than the high school level football shouldn't be able to guess your play calls.

I think the sample size at UGA was more than enough. Then his first two years here reflected those same obvious issues.

LOL. Richt has a pretty good record coaching offense. With his same past results he'd be our best OC since Gary Stevens and Bob Bratkowski.

Lets do this again in 2019. I tend to think we will be putting up numbers not far off his FSU days......

Advertisement
Only a tool would call him CMR......

That's a Georgia thing.... not a Ca
Starting Redshirt Frosh QB + Starting Two True Frosh at TE + Missing Best WR + Awful OL

Coach did an AMAZING job today and didn't panic

BTW - we have a 2 game winning streak FSU --- be happy and go canes
Stop calling him CMR....That's a Georgia thing...

Go Canes!!!!!

If you don't see the O is much improved in several areas this year, especially with Perry. I don't know what to tell ya.

The next several games will answer the debate.
The next several games will answer nothing, we have waaay better athletes than those bums and should *** rape all of em easily. When we will know is when Dabo comes to town with his boys, they can match up with us, then we will need some real coaching. Like above poster said he can't figure out howo to get the ball in the hands of maybe D1's most dangerous man, he"s out there one on one, box is stacked, dive play in the teeth of the defense, high school ball

We have a lot of ballas on O. Spread

LOL. Richt has a pretty good record coaching offense. With his same past results he'd be our best OC since Gary Stevens and Bob Bratkowski.

Lets do this again in 2019. I tend to think we will be putting up numbers not far off his FSU days......
We rushed over 40 times and averaged 2.4 yds per carry. I think we could have given Thomas a chance with the ball a few more times without stealing reps from someone.

Advertisement
We rushed over 40 times and averaged 2.4 yds per carry. I think we could have given Thomas a chance with the ball a few more times without stealing reps from someone.

Did you notice the fresh D late in the game. Did you notice the FSU D gassed late in the game?

We had a 10 minute edge in TOP. This was clearly the plan with a young QB in his 2nd start.

I tend to think we are on the verge of an extremely explosive offense now. This is the first time i've thought this since 1999/2000. It's possible we could start to see it later this year with an emerging playmaker at QB. If not we will see it in 2019. Don't think I'm gonna address these debates any more prior to that.

It boggles my mind that anyone can think that CMR called a good game. You literally had all of your fans booing you when you decide to run on 3rd and 16 when your two prior runs netted you -6 yards. I am sorry to say that as far as play calling goes, the game has past him by. Yes I think he is an excellent head coach from an administration point of view but it’s time to pass the play calling on to some one with a more modern view!

Advertisement
The only possibility I see is if Rick’s buddy Mike Bobo is fired from Colorado State. That might sway Rick into giving up some control of the O as Bobo is a guy Rick admires and respects.

Outside of that I agree I just don’t see it happening.

Did you notice the fresh D late in the game. Did you notice the FSU D gassed late in the game?

We had a 10 minute edge in TOP. This was clearly the plan with a young QB in his 2nd start.

That may have been the plan, but when you are playing an FSU team that has shown a complete inability to stop the pass, you need to have a bit more faith in your QB on obvious passing downs, instead of running draws down 20. Never mind the fact that FSU's TOP was low because of one simple fact: They didn't have to go far to score, thanks to Miami's awful special teams. Their returner averaged 29 yards per return. In a lot of cases, he was able to run for 10-15 yards before a 'Cane even got to him.

It's time to do something outside of run the same zone read, there are other run plays in the playbook. Richt's playcalling was predictable as ****, and even though he threw in some gadget plays, I think that he should be held accountable for how utterly basic the gameplan was. You'd think Perry was a career backup with little actual ability. Let the young man play, take your chances, especially when FSU is daring you to hit the seams. It's not an accident that they had Westbrook sitting at the second level, with no one deep. Miami could and should have been able to exploit that alignment with multiple huge plays.

It boggles my mind that anyone can think that CMR called a good game. You literally had all of your fans booing you when you decide to run on 3rd and 16 when your two prior runs netted you -6 yards. I am sorry to say that as far as play calling goes, the game has past him by. Yes I think he is an excellent head coach from an administration point of view but it’s time to pass the play calling on to some one with a more modern view!

How much football do you watch? You should watch several NFL games today and than count the number of times OC's call a safe run on 3rd and long.

It tends to happen a lot......

That may have been the plan, but when you are playing an FSU team that has shown a complete inability to stop the pass, you need to have a bit more faith in your QB on obvious passing downs, instead of running draws down 20. Never mind the fact that FSU's TOP was low because of one simple fact: They didn't have to go far to score, thanks to Miami's awful special teams. Their returner averaged 29 yards per return. In a lot of cases, he was able to run for 10-15 yards before a 'Cane even got to him.

It's time to do something outside of run the same zone read, there are other run plays in the playbook. Richt's playcalling was predictable as ****, and even though he threw in some gadget plays, I think that he should be held accountable for how utterly basic the gameplan was. You'd think Perry was a career backup with little actual ability. Let the young man play, take your chances, especially when FSU is daring you to hit the seams. It's not an accident that they had Westbrook sitting at the second level, with no one deep. Miami could and should have been able to exploit that alignment with multiple huge plays.
Good post, ole Willie knows how hard headed Richt is, and took advantage of it

Advertisement
Back