Stop bashing CMR

Advertisement
That may have been the plan, but when you are playing an FSU team that has shown a complete inability to stop the pass, you need to have a bit more faith in your QB on obvious passing downs, instead of running draws down 20. Never mind the fact that FSU's TOP was low because of one simple fact: They didn't have to go far to score, thanks to Miami's awful special teams. Their returner averaged 29 yards per return. In a lot of cases, he was able to run for 10-15 yards before a 'Cane even got to him.

It's time to do something outside of run the same zone read, there are other run plays in the playbook. Richt's playcalling was predictable as ****, and even though he threw in some gadget plays, I think that he should be held accountable for how utterly basic the gameplan was. You'd think Perry was a career backup with little actual ability. Let the young man play, take your chances, especially when FSU is daring you to hit the seams. It's not an accident that they had Westbrook sitting at the second level, with no one deep. Miami could and should have been able to exploit that alignment with multiple huge plays.

You should interview for an OC spot homie. I'm sure you've got of those creative gadgets.

I don't have a problem criticizing Richts playcalling, as long as it is constructive criticism. Coming on here and summarily whining that "we need an OC" is pointless. We have an OC. His name is Thomas Brown.

That said, my bit of criticism for yesterday's game was the curious absence of the bubble. What happened to this staple of our offense? At the worst it gets you 3-4 yards, can be used in lieu of a run, helps settle your QB down, and can help neutralize a pass rush.

Now, I did notice that FSU sometimes had its DBs up in press, which in that case I understand not throwing bubbles....but other times, I saw that the FSU DBs were 10 yards off, so a well executed bubble would have been easy money for positive yardage..but we didn't do it.

Richt HAS to address the STs this off season....It's been a longggg time since I've seen such ineptitude in something that UM had always prided themselves on....
Agreed. The last punt return with both JT4 and Deejay back deep was fantastic. JT4 totally faked out the coverage team and Deejay took it up the sidelines for a big return. Need to see more of this.

I don't question at all putting the game more in Perry's hand and running less. Go watch the game and watch Perry. He was feeling the pressure and the big moment for most of that game. He was a bit rattled, not surprising. He was missing very open throws. Richt managed to get him through that period without losing the game with a huge mistake. Perry seemed to loosen up mid way through the 3rd, and started to throw some darts.

Advertisement
How much football do you watch? You should watch several NFL games today and than count the number of times OC's call a safe run on 3rd and long.

It tends to happen a lot......
How much football do you watch? You should watch several NFL games today and than count the number of times OC's call a safe run on 3rd and long.

It tends to happen a lot......
in the NFL I'm pretty sure their not running dive plays against an 8 man front down by 20

Advertisement
That may have been the plan, but when you are playing an FSU team that has shown a complete inability to stop the pass, you need to have a bit more faith in your QB on obvious passing downs, instead of running draws down 20. Never mind the fact that FSU's TOP was low because of one simple fact: They didn't have to go far to score, thanks to Miami's awful special teams. Their returner averaged 29 yards per return. In a lot of cases, he was able to run for 10-15 yards before a 'Cane even got to him.

It's time to do something outside of run the same zone read, there are other run plays in the playbook. Richt's playcalling was predictable as ****, and even though he threw in some gadget plays, I think that he should be held accountable for how utterly basic the gameplan was. You'd think Perry was a career backup with little actual ability. Let the young man play, take your chances, especially when FSU is daring you to hit the seams. It's not an accident that they had Westbrook sitting at the second level, with no one deep. Miami could and should have been able to exploit that alignment with multiple huge plays.

He didnt have faith in his OL ---- besides Nosi was under 50%

Problem is we need an OC,a real one.
A full time OC works the entire week looking at films, coming up with a game plan, creates new schemes or plays every week. He thinks Offense 24/7 and that is his job, honestly is its not fair to our offense. The defense players have the person in place, why not the offense?
Love Richt but play calling has passed him by.

Advertisement
Back