Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Watch your neighborhoods. 100% more Evs in the next 6 months. The horse and buggy laughed at ford.
Most of the people in my neighborhood, that have teslas, also have other cars. They aren't buying them to save money lol. Eventually I do think EVs will be the way of the future for all, but not in 6 months. If one was to own 100+ shares of Tesla I could see them selling puts/calls depending on how they think the stock will move, but I can't imagine retail actually buying shares/puts/calls or shorting it right now unless you had an insanely high risk tolerance.

Advertisement
If thats for pleasure, you're absolutely crazy, simple as that. Like walking around with a brick that has compute from 2005. Literally the ONLY thing cool about that phone is removable battery which I used to love about my old phones from a decade plus ago...
But it allows me to counter the "how can you get offended by XYZ, when your phone is made in China" crowd.

Advertisement
I mean if you're willing to use a linux phone the size of the first Nokia ever made, that can't even use the camera, nor play youtube videos, more power to ya man. I would never.
Well the real reason I have is for safety reasons. In my line of work I need it. I was only joking regarding the China thing, but it is a great benefit. Because I have been able to fend off the whatboutism crowd numerous times because of my phone.

The only thingI use it for, is for phone calls and texts.

Well the real reason I have is for safety reasons. In my line of work I need it. I was only joking regarding the China thing, but it is a great benefit. Because I have been able to fend off the whatboutism crowd numerous times because of my phone.

The only thingI use it for, is for phone calls and texts.
$2k is a lot to spend on a phone that you are only going to be calling and texting on. Better off just buying burners, and having a separate phone to do whatever normal **** you want.

Pretty sure you can make an Android very reasonably secure/private. Slap on a VPN, root it, get signal/protonmail or whatever, enable 2FA... I mean obviously Idk what you do, but we got major CEOs that use regular *** iphones no problem...

$2k is a lot to spend on a phone that you are only going to be calling and texting on. Better off just buying burners, and having a separate phone to do whatever normal **** you want.

Pretty sure you can make an Android very reasonably secure/private. Slap on a VPN, root it, get signal/protonmail or whatever, enable 2FA... I mean obviously Idk what you do, but we got major CEOs that use regular *** iphones no problem...
Well, its not about the privacy of a burner phone. As in I can just ditch it once my line gets compromised or anything like I am Saul Goodman. But we need secure phones since we are texting and sending important info over them. I didn't pay for it either lol, my firm did so the price doesn't bother me too much haha. It actually does work a lot better than you described though. I am not a phone or a tech guy at all. I just do what our security team recommends, but I assume there are a lot of reviewers mentioning the things you stated before, but my phone uses youtube fine. I never really use it for YT since I use my laptop for that, but if I needed to, it runs YT with no issues. We do have VPNs though(my PC uses one too), encrypted document sharing services, etc. I really don't know schit about it, just the little things I have heard from our security team over the years lol. I just know they don't want use using Iphones for work related discussions.

Advertisement
Crypto exchanges might have an insider-trading problem.
One crypto wallet amassed a stake of $360,000 worth of Gnosis coins in August in the week before Binance announced it would list the token on its exchange. As Gnosis’s price rose sharply on the announcement, the wallet began selling down its stake, liquidating it entirely in just over four hours for slightly more than $500,000—netting a profit of about $140,000 and a return of roughly 40%, according to an analysis by Argus, a firm that offers companies software to manage employee trading.

The wallet buying Gnosis was among 46 that Argus found that purchased a combined $17.3 million worth of tokens that were listed shortly after on Coinbase, Binance and FTX. Profits from sales of the tokens that were visible on the blockchain totaled more than $1.7 million. Coinbase, Binance and FTX each said they had compliance policies prohibiting employees from trading on privileged information. The latter two said they reviewed the analysis and determined that the trading activity in Argus’s report didn’t violate their policies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
*IF* you ever short, you do it when the market is at an all time high, not now. You could easily get a large "dead cat" bounce now.
IMO this is a good video yall should watch. But Check out the 40min mark, and 47min mark

Basically look at where **** was in 2019 pre Covid and look at the 5 year targets/trajectories from there, and use those to make price targets for whats likely to happen...

Last edited:
*IF* you ever short, you do it when the market is at an all time high, not now. You could easily get a large "dead cat" bounce now.
This is terrible advice. This is like saying "if you want to buy shares you need to wait until the market 6 month low or some equally arbitrary number". You short a stock based on that individual companies performance. Plenty of people have made money buying stocks in a bear market and plenty have made money shorting in a bull market. Plenty of bears are shorting stocks, selling calls, and buying puts for a ton of profit right now.

My hybrid minivan has a range of 550 miles, holds more passengers and cargo, and costs a fraction of a Tesla. There is simply no cost-benefit analysis that would show an electric car to be an acceptable replacement.

It's nice that I could conceivably make a cross country trip, but it's still a gamble that a charger will be free and it's a hassle being forced to stop whether I want to or not.
Do you happen to drive the newer toyota sienna? The wife and I are contemplating replacing her buick SUV with that one.

Advertisement
Back