Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

What do the people living in condos and apartments already do for parking?

It's an easy answer - you install Slow chargers (or at least outlets) where they currently already park.

The difficult part is getting dumbass slow to change complex managers/owners to embrace the future.
But theres also another solution that actually is far easier to accomplish - the places those owners will be driving TO like their Job will end up installing charging locations as a benefit to their employees - and they wont even charge for the electricity...
Of course, that's the answer, but that will be a massive underetaking.

Advertisement
Maybe 90% of driving. I work from home. I drive hardly at all. But I'm also taking 2 trips to New England and Tennessee this summer.

Enter your trip information in here, pick which EV you'd like to look at, and you can see exactly how being in an EV would affect your trip.
Don't forget that if you are staying in a hotel you can EASILY choose a hotel that offers overnight charging - allowing you to start the morning with a full charge.

What do the people living in condos and apartments already do for parking?

It's an easy answer - you install Slow chargers (or at least outlets) where they currently already park.

The difficult part is getting dumbass slow to change complex managers/owners to embrace the future.
But theres also another solution that actually is far easier to accomplish - the places those owners will be driving TO like their Job will end up installing charging locations as a benefit to their employees - and they wont even charge for the electricity...
Im trying to imagine the scale of this…i also like to think about winning the powerball.

Of course, that's the answer, but that will be a massive underetaking.
Installing 14-50 outlets is a massive undertaking? Most parking is already close to buildings that have power. Campgrounds/RV parks seem to be able to install them with zero issue. Every house has 14-50 outlets for ovens/washer/dryer/etc...

It's really not that big of a deal. For some Apartment building I can see them being slow to change, But places of work, stores, etc will be quick to change.

Enter your trip information in here, pick which EV you'd like to look at, and you can see exactly how being in an EV would affect your trip.
Don't forget that if you are staying in a hotel you can EASILY choose a hotel that offers overnight charging - allowing you to start the morning with a full charge.
My hybrid minivan has a range of 550 miles, holds more passengers and cargo, and costs a fraction of a Tesla. There is simply no cost-benefit analysis that would show an electric car to be an acceptable replacement.

It's nice that I could conceivably make a cross country trip, but it's still a gamble that a charger will be free and it's a hassle being forced to stop whether I want to or not.

Advertisement
It will come down.
I live where solar should be on every house but it’s not getting less expensive. The utilities plan for solar customers here are progressively getting worse. Early adopters who could buy outright years ago had a 7-8 year ROI with the nice tax subsidy and now grandfathered plans. At best I might be cost neutral over 20 years assuming it works that long without issues. The other utility in the area has a better option for solar plans but what used to be ROI of 7-8 years is now something like 11-13.

Watch your neighborhoods. 100% more Evs in the next 6 months. The horse and buggy laughed at ford.

Advertisement
I'd happily get a Tesla for my wife's daily commute and keep the hybrid minivan for long trips. I'd also like to have a Powerwall in my garage for blackouts and a Solar Roof to charge it.

I can afford none of these.

Wait, so the governments EV push isnt beneficial for the vast majority of Americans?!? Shocking!!!!

Watch your neighborhoods. 100% more Evs in the next 6 months. The horse and buggy laughed at ford.
You are way too optimistic in your comments. It costs a fair amount of money to install charging stations, and with occupancy near 100% and rents at an all time high, there is little incentive to spend the money to install one.

I live where solar should be on every house but it’s not getting less expensive. The utilities plan for solar customers here are progressively getting worse. Early adopters who could buy outright years ago had a 7-8 year ROI with the nice tax subsidy and now grandfathered plans. At best I might be cost neutral over 20 years assuming it works that long without issues. The other utility in the area has a better option for solar plans but what used to be ROI of 7-8 years is now something like 11-13.
I think we live in the same area.

Advertisement
You are way too optimistic in your comments. It costs a fair amount of money to install charging stations, and with occupancy near 100% and rents at an all time high, there is little incentive to spend the money to install one.
I'm pretty familiar with hundreds of condos in my area. The cost and logistics just don't make sense with the vast majority of these buildings. Add in the fact that technology is changing so fast the risk of obsolessence becomes too high. When you add it all up very fee buildings would install on a big enough scale for it to make sense.

100% more just means if you have 1 EV in your hood. You will have 2 in 6 months.

You neighborhood will at least double in the next 6 months. And that’s conservative.

Advertisement
And unemployement is at a low with Companies looking for work at a high... They'll install chargers to attract employees.
Plus there will be government funding and just straight up laws in place that require new developments to install vehicle charging capacity.

Advertisement
Back