Still not drafted: Pinckney

Advertisement
People will hate this, but he never really committed to being great. He has so many great tools. But, you could see it in his diet that he wasn’t committing himself to being the very best he could even though his coaching was sub par.

If he had gone pro last year and gone undrafted, everyone would've called him an idiot. Coming back for your Senior year only makes an actual difference a small % of the time.

Advertisement
If he had gone pro last year and gone undrafted, everyone would've called him an idiot. Coming back for your Senior year only makes an actual difference a small % of the time.

How can you possibly back up this statement?

People will hate this, but he never really committed to being great. He has so many great tools. But, you could see it in his diet that he wasn’t committing himself to being the very best he could even though his coaching was sub par.
If people hate this post, then they can't handle the obvious truth.

McCloud has no chance

I really don’t want to see him on the field again. Just develop the young bucks. He’s a slightly more physical version of Glen Cook to me. He’s going to have to be an all world linebacker in 2020 in order for me to change my mind about him.

I really don’t want to see him on the field again. Just develop the young bucks. He’s a slightly more physical version of Glen Cook to me. He’s going to have to be an all world linebacker in 2020 in order for me to change my mind about him.

Glen cook was smaller, but was more a sure tackler. Zach in quite a bit bigger, but seems miss more tackles.

Zach has prototypical size, let's see if he can put it together before banishing him, like you said.

Advertisement
How can you possibly back up this statement?

It's impossible to definitively prove one way or the other if another year hurts, helps, or has no effect on a players draft stock. All I can say is I only see a small % of our players actually get better every year they're here.

Take our Top returning players in terms of NFL potential this year vs. last year:

DeeJay Dallas - Was better this year, but had injury problems.
Garvin, Shaq, Pinckney - About the same in 2019 as 2018.
KJ Osborne - Was a little better. Had 900 yds receiving at Buffalo in 2018, had 500 yds receiving at Miami in 2019, but showed he can play at P5 level
Jeff Thomas & Bandy - Seemed to regress, or at least didn't have as good years in 2019 as 2018

I'd say 2 draft stocks went up (DJ, KJ), 3 stayed the same, 2 went down. 2 out of 8 (20%) improved.

People only want to acknowledge the small % that improved, and forget or don't acknowledge the larger % that didn't.

This was the most frustrating part about him. You can’t control how athletic or tall you are but **** you could commit to being in the best possible physical shape. I don’t think he changed his body in 4 years here. No NFL team is going to want an undersized linebacker with limited athleticism and a gut.

Glen cook was smaller, but was more a sure tackler. Zach in quite a bit bigger, but seems miss more tackles.

Zach has prototypical size, let's see if he can put it together before banishing him, like you said.

5th year guy that has 3.5 years of experience as a LB should be Da Man at Miami. He’s soft AF at the POC. He has a ton of work to do in order to put it all together.

And Glen Cook was a terrible tackler. Just like Zach.

Last edited:
This was the most frustrating part about him. You can’t control how athletic or tall you are but **** you could commit to being in the best possible physical shape. I don’t think he changed his body in 4 years here. No NFL team is going to want an undersized linebacker with limited athleticism and a gut.

Exactly. My diehard friends defended him at every turn. I’ve been telling them for years - he’s committed to being a 7 win LB. A Splash guy. No real leadership skills. No real desire to be great. A 5 tackle per game showboat LB with a gut. He basically left Miami with a build that was slightly better than a Frosh December enrollee.

He has a terrible LB coach, IMO. And I think the No Gap is gimmicky AF.

But his diet and his approach to the game are his two major faults to own - completely.

Advertisement
Exactly. My diehard friends defended him at every turn. I’ve been telling them for years - he’s committed to being a 7 win LB. A Splash guy. No real leadership skills. No real desire to be great. A 5 tackle per game showboat LB with a gut. He basically left Miami with a build that was slightly better than a Frosh December enrollee.

He has a terrible LB coach, IMO. And I think the No Gap is gimmicky AF.

But his diet and his approach to the game are his two major faults to own - completely.

Regarding the gut, Miami hasn't been popped for PED's in a minute. Clemson was caught two years ago with school sponsored doping.

Miami also has good reason to adhere to PED testing. To mitigate this, we got one the best conditioning coaches. What else ya want?

Regarding the gut, Miami hasn't been popped for PED's in a minute. Clemson was caught two years ago with school sponsored doping.

Miami also has good reason to adhere to PED testing. To mitigate this, we got one the best conditioning coaches. What else ya want?

I’m looking for elite outcomes that will support your claim.

Advertisement
what in the abosolute ***** does that mean?

You said we have one of the best S&C coaches? It’s all talk until the outcomes support that claim.

Like we all know Butch wasn’t some great game day manager or elite X/O guy. But certain outcomes prove without a doubt that TM is DA MAN as an S&C guy.

Advertisement
Back