Still not drafted: Pinckney

Advertisement
Regarding the gut, Miami hasn't been popped for PED's in a minute. Clemson was caught two years ago with school sponsored doping.

Miami also has good reason to adhere to PED testing. To mitigate this, we got one the best conditioning coaches. What else ya want?
You don’t need to take PEDs to avoid having a gut lol. Having a dietician who can adjust your whole diet for you and a trainer with his own staff is more than 99% of people have.

Pinck was a tough guy with good instincts, but he wasn’t as dedicated to his craft as he could’ve been. The only day he put 100% into every time was Saturday.

Glen cook was a sure tackler? Are you kidding me? He was a shannon special who probably had naked photos of shannon somewhere which is why he played. My least favorite linebacker I’ve seen here watching for 35 years almost.

he was terrible and likely a compensatory piece for getting Beason.

It's impossible to definitively prove one way or the other if another year hurts, helps, or has no effect on a players draft stock. All I can say is I only see a small % of our players actually get better every year they're here.

Take our Top returning players in terms of NFL potential this year vs. last year:

DeeJay Dallas - Was better this year, but had injury problems.
Garvin, Shaq, Pinckney - About the same in 2019 as 2018.
KJ Osborne - Was a little better. Had 900 yds receiving at Buffalo in 2018, had 500 yds receiving at Miami in 2019, but showed he can play at P5 level
Jeff Thomas & Bandy - Seemed to regress, or at least didn't have as good years in 2019 as 2018

I'd say 2 draft stocks went up (DJ, KJ), 3 stayed the same, 2 went down. 2 out of 8 (20%) improved.

People only want to acknowledge the small % that improved, and forget or don't acknowledge the larger % that didn't.

Well like you said it is impossible to prove. You are also now limiting it to our players. We have had a huge issue developing players to their max potential it seems for over the last decade.

But if a guy was not going to get drafted his junior year, it does not hurt him to stay his senior year, get a degree, then take a shot, and like Pinckney, he may still not get drafted. Barring injury or something uncommon, very rarely I think a stock would substantially decrease, if you were a 2-3rd rounder as a junior, you theoretically should be a little better than that as a senior. Obviously other things play a factor as well, drafting team needs, how deep a position is, etc.

But look at a guy like Joe Burrow. Had a decent season two years ago, could have gone pro, do you think he would have tested any better? Ran any faster than he did this year? Probably not. But then he stays and throws for 60 tds and goes #1 overall.

You don’t need to take PEDs to avoid having a gut lol. Having a dietician who can adjust your whole diet for you and a trainer with his own staff is more than 99% of people have.

Pinck was a tough guy with good instincts, but he wasn’t as dedicated to his craft as he could’ve been. The only day he put 100% into every time was Saturday.

Look, even when I was 145 pounds and working out every day, I still didn't have a 6 pack. In high school.

Genetics come in to play at a point. Do you think you can be a little more forgiving that Pinck just didn't have that fast of a metabolism? Pinck doesn't carry that much muscle on him naturally.

When we say dedicated to craft, was Spencer Adkins dedicated to his craft? He sucked, but he ran a 4.3

Advertisement
Well like you said it is impossible to prove. You are also now limiting it to our players. We have had a huge issue developing players to their max potential it seems for over the last decade.

But if a guy was not going to get drafted his junior year, it does not hurt him to stay his senior year, get a degree, then take a shot, and like Pinckney, he may still not get drafted. Barring injury or something uncommon, very rarely I think a stock would substantially decrease, if you were a 2-3rd rounder as a junior, you theoretically should be a little better than that as a senior. Obviously other things play a factor as well, drafting team needs, how deep a position is, etc.

But look at a guy like Joe Burrow. Had a decent season two years ago, could have gone pro, do you think he would have tested any better? Ran any faster than he did this year? Probably not. But then he stays and throws for 60 tds and goes #1 overall.

On the flip side, look at Bryce Hall who was projected as a 1st if he left as a Junior, but got came back and was drafted in the 5th. For every player you name where it worked out, I can name a player where it didn't.

Trust me on this one, I've looked at it. There's a very small amount of Seniors where you can see a definite progression from Freshman to Senior year for all 4 years. Think of it this way - how many NFL players get definitively better every year from their rookie year to their 4th year? How many players in your fantasy draft have an ADP that got higher for 4 years in a row? Almost all players go up and down in terms in how good their seasons are. Most will settle into a certain level. Very few have a steady rise.

Glen cook was a sure tackler? Are you kidding me? He was a shannon special who probably had naked photos of shannon somewhere which is why he played. My least favorite linebacker I’ve seen here watching for 35 years almost.

I meant big tackler

Look, even when I was 145 pounds and working out every day, I still didn't have a 6 pack. In high school.

Genetics come in to play at a point. Do you think you can be a little more forgiving that Pinck just didn't have that fast of a metabolism? Pinck doesn't carry that much muscle on him naturally.

When we say dedicated to craft, was Spencer Adkins dedicated to his craft? He sucked, but he ran a 4.3
Did you have a dietician who knew exactly how many carbs you were burning a day and knew exactly what macros to give you? Did you have a P5 trainer telling you exactly what to do to maintain strength, mobility, and conditioning?

Believe I get what you’re saying, but some players work harder than others just like in any other job and let’s just leave it at that.

Advertisement

145 and no abs?

Were you 5'4?

Legit was more regarded by Shannon than Willie Williams. Shannon loved lbs that reminded him of himself....Glenn Cook , Romeo Davis.
Still remember girli dated at the time saying her homie Romeo is going to the u....wayyyyy b4 anyone knew we were recruiting him and chastizing her only to drop jaws when i saw his name pop up on grassy like a month later.

Beason was coming to the U regardless...they just liked Cook. Hes a cane ill say though a die hard..and now an nfl scout

Advertisement
Legit was more regarded by Shannon than Willie Williams. Shannon loved lbs that reminded him of himself....Glenn Cook , Romeo Davis.
Still remember girli dated at the time saying her homie Romeo is going to the u....wayyyyy b4 anyone knew we were recruiting him and chastizing her only to drop jaws when i saw his name pop up on grassy like a month later.

Beason was coming to the U regardless...they just liked Cook. Hes a cane ill say though a die hard..and now an nfl scout

That's some OG talk right there. Pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back