Stevenson Was Bad Tonight

@Cribby some of these guys would know poor coaching if they happened to watch it this afternoon at noon. They believed a turnover Chain could replace hard work and discipline. They believed top golf was more important than studying opponents tentacles. They are hurt bro lol

Advertisement
He was on the sideline more in the second half. He at least tried , that takes balls in my book. Especially when you know theres theads like this and tweets . A lot of kids these days run from the moment when they know they can’t play at 100%. He also won’t make excuses.

You’re a special kind of stupid. He had three passes thrown at him in the first half. Zero receptions and one pass was almost intercepted. If you actually went to the games, you would have seen him throwing up on the sidelines. You might also have noticed the trainers shoving Pedialyte down his throat, to get him going. They put DJ in, because he was buckled at the knees. After they gave up the TD with him on the bench, he went back in. You might have overheard them saying “come on two, we need you”. As for slow, he’s been clocked a 22 in practice. He’s was a low 4 kid in high school…. In the first two games he was second on the team in tackles, four pass breakups and only three passes were caught on him, for less than 20 yards. He had more pass breakups than the entire team combined. Include the first half and the only number that changes is number of pass breakups goes up by one. You sir shouldn’t be allowed to post without adult supervision. Fwiw he was 205 before the game and weighed in almost ten pounds lighter after the game. 🤡 I don’t believe you’ve ever back squatted 565 or cleaned 365. He’s as elite as we’ve seen at that position in a long time.
Chill. He played bad because he was sick I get it. Never said he was slow, just not Miami punt return fast. The guy can tackle no doubt and I think he can cover. He just did not do either tonight. I am glad we have him. I really hope he is not ill for our next game.

Advertisement
Aight? Everyone had his **** in their mouths last week lol. He was he was one of the only played that held their own versus Bama . But now he’s back to “playing out of position“

Ok
idc who said what.

He wasn't one of the only players that held their own versus Bama. From a fansided article talking about PFF grades.

Stevenson had a slightly above average grade in pass coverage was not good against the run and was below average overall.

Even T-Rob in the interview he did with InsideTheU said he was having trouble wrapping up and making tackles early in the game. First quarter - allowed a catch to Metchie, whiffed on a tackle to Robinson, playing zone and catch allowed to Jameson Williams, catch by Slade Bolden in his zone, arm tackle on Robinson for a first down, spun like a top when Metchie caught a pass in front of him and gave up on the play, got caught biting inside on the on the Trey Sanders TD run (blame the playcall if you want, he was the guy reaching before it was daylight), a few solid tackles in the 2nd half but still ended up first downs...

While he had a good PFF pass coverage grade, I just did a quick rewatch of Miami's defensive drives against Alabama and idk if he defended any passes, I didn't count any. A few balls caught right in front of him.

Then against App State...finished with an "above average" grade overall, with an "above average" cover score.

Stevenson was officially credited with five tackles and three passes defended. PFF graded Stevenson with a 73.3 run defense grade and a 67.7 coverage grade. Stevenson was targeted eight times in the game and allowed two receptions for 24 yards.

I'm not even going to go through the App State condensed game, but I am sure it'll just confirm that he was kind of mid.

I'm not saying he's a bum, but he's just a guy and idc what the excuse is, he didn't have a good game out there at all...if you're saying he was sick, fine, then he simply shouldn't have been out there in the first place, but don't come in here and say he "held his own against Alabama" because he absolutely did not.

Advertisement
Chill. He played bad because he was sick I get it. Never said he was slow, just not Miami punt return fast. The guy can tackle no doubt and I think he can cover. He just did not do either tonight. I am glad we have him. I really hope he is not ill for our next game.
He’s fine. Something he ate ****ed him up he/they think.

We rarely run man and even more rare run press. Players are ****ed because they know their numbers in man are far better than Mannys weak *** zones.
As I said other day kids don't believe he puts them in the best position to succeed .
This is gonna get ugly, huh? I hope if and when the next guy is in place, he has some of this freshmen and guys like TS to stick around to work with.

I think it helps those of us with limited vocabularies and who are challenged in being able to express ourselves- get our points across with emphasis on the urgency of something - yes, it does help.
You can thank South Park for that example

idc who said what.

He wasn't one of the only players that held their own versus Bama. From a fansided article talking about PFF grades.

Stevenson had a slightly above average grade in pass coverage was not good against the run and was below average overall.

Even T-Rob in the interview he did with InsideTheU said he was having trouble wrapping up and making tackles early in the game. First quarter - allowed a catch to Metchie, whiffed on a tackle to Robinson, playing zone and catch allowed to Jameson Williams, catch by Slade Bolden in his zone, arm tackle on Robinson for a first down, spun like a top when Metchie caught a pass in front of him and gave up on the play, got caught biting inside on the on the Trey Sanders TD run (blame the playcall if you want, he was the guy reaching before it was daylight), a few solid tackles in the 2nd half but still ended up first downs...

While he had a good PFF pass coverage grade, I just did a quick rewatch of Miami's defensive drives against Alabama and idk if he defended any passes, I didn't count any. A few balls caught right in front of him.

Then against App State...finished with an "above average" grade overall, with an "above average" cover score.

Stevenson was officially credited with five tackles and three passes defended. PFF graded Stevenson with a 73.3 run defense grade and a 67.7 coverage grade. Stevenson was targeted eight times in the game and allowed two receptions for 24 yards.

I'm not even going to go through the App State condensed game, but I am sure it'll just confirm that he was kind of mid.

I'm not saying he's a bum, but he's just a guy and idc what the excuse is, he didn't have a good game out there at all...if you're saying he was sick, fine, then he simply shouldn't have been out there in the first place, but don't come in here and say he "held his own against Alabama" because he absolutely did not.
Spare me with with Pff , especially with a cb that’s in zone majority of the game. Pff doesn’t know assignments and who blew coverages Etc . I’ve heard enough football people poo poo that mess, saying it’s for fantasy nerds to use in arguments without real analytics . There’s too many unknowns to take that mess serious, especially at db.

What i do know is he’s given up next to nothing in man before today. Watch app state when he was allowed to put his hands on wr’s and play man. He was inside their jerseys. When the game was on the line manny gave in to playing man.

We have man cb’s playing zone all game, taking their length and physicality away is useless. Just bailing out and playing with cushions is useless.

Players are legit ****ed because when we’ve played press man we rarely give anything up. You have a 6’1 205 pound cb that runs a legit 4.4 giving cushions or bailing. That makes no sense.

Advertisement
He was sick as **** coming in yet he said he wanted to tough it out. He played a lot of snaps in 110 degrees on field temperature , yet we have people calling him trash. This is why Miami is viewed as the trashiest fan base in cfb. It’s well earned.
Didn’t know he was sick. But when we saw him hurling into a trashcan we said send him to the locker room for fluids and get him right for the second half. It was brutally hot out there today man. Kids a warrior. And out of the list of things wrong with this program Stevenson doesn’t even show up on the list. Kids a savage on a defense filled with betas

Spare me with with Pff , especially with a cb that’s in zone majority of the game. Pff doesn’t know assignments and who blew coverages Etc . I’ve heard enough football people poo poo that mess, saying it’s for fantasy nerds to use in arguments without real analytics . There’s too many unknowns to take that mess serious, especially at db.

What i do know is he’s given up next to nothing in man before today. Watch app state when he was allowed to put his hands on wr’s and play man. He was inside their jerseys. When the game was on the line manny gave in to playing man.

We have man cb’s playing zone all game, taking their length and physicality away is useless. Just bailing out and playing with cushions is useless.

Players are legit ****ed because when we’ve played press man we rarely give anything up. You have a 6’1 205 pound cb that runs a legit 4.4 giving cushions or bailing. That makes no sense.

By all means, I also listed a bunch of **** that he was involved with, too. PFF and my own eyes support the same opinion. idc what "football guys" say about anything...I watch football guys make enough dumb decisions on and off the field to say they are about as fallible as anyone.

If you want to go back to the condensed game and pick out plays that support he "held his own" against Alabama, by all means...the floor is yours. If you can find one or two, more power to you, but I listed out a lot of **** plays, man. I rewatched the defensive plays right before I slapped send and I didn't see any plays where he showed he "held his own". I thought he had a straight up bad game, even worse after a focused (albeit, pretty fast) re-watch.

To be very honest, I couldn't give less of a fvck how he played against App State...it was App State and he was defending a few balls thrown by Chase Brice intended for Corey Sutton. Like, good for him, but it was App State. If you really think his performance against App State somehow offsets his game against Alabama and his game against Michigan State (idc what the excuse was...because if he was impaired, he shouldn't have been out there), idk what to tell you. Again, I'm not saying he's a bum, but he looks like just a guy...he wasn't very good at Georgia either, btw...

He'll have good games, Cribby...but so far, I see the same guy that played at Georgia. He's aight and will probably feast on players of lesser talent (although, today...yikes), but he's not yet that baller that has been advertised. Perhaps he looks great in comparison to the rest of the slop we're trotting out there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With T Rob coming in everyone expected more man , even the players. Majority the time it’s a big cushion or bail technique. The only thing that’s changed is personel packages . Multiple strikers or more db’s on the field at times , but the same ole zone.
Is Shoop a guy that has typically run more man?

Is it within the realm of possibility that Manny relinquishes DC role and someone like Shoop Or T rob is elevated into the position?

Are the coaches not telling manny we should be running more press man to play to our perceived strengths?

What is Manny’s reasoning if any for sticking with the soft zone stuff?

I’m not mad as the kid for giving up the TD at the end. We went all out to stop the run on that play and he sold out to make something happen

Advertisement
Back