Stevenson Tears.... Of Joy????

First off, I do not consider The Low Country nor New Orleans to be the South. Yes, those two areas' locations are in the Southern part of this Country, but they are not "Southern locales".

Having said that, my wife and I drove through, Mississippi, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, the Carolinas, Alabama and Tennessee numerous times. These places are completely decrepit and only Atlanta and Charlotte have any chance of succeeding in the future. [Charlotte is a better place to live than Atlanta.]

College Football is a top-3 GDP contributor in ALL of these states. In Alabama, it is a clear #1 (with Auburn and Tide).

They will never clean this cesspool up. There are 40 US Senators from the Midwest, so we currently have colossal farm subsidies and always will. There are 16 senators from the South that will enable the SEC's cheating for eternity. They already CONTROL the NCAA..........

We need to tell the elite players. "if you commit GREAT, but if you take another visit we will accept commitments from the Plan Bs, and we cannot guarantee a spot." Also, when the school realizes that there is another JObe, Surtain, Haselwood villain, they need to contact the UM websites and make it clear "that these guys do not have commitable offers". UM also needs to dis-invite the Elite from visits if they know that the SEC will pay handsomely for their services. It will not change the outcome, but it will change the perception, and will start signing more 4-star level talent.

That makes sense, but it is also an unsustainable model since the product will suffer. Just like pro sports had to go to revenue sharing and luxury taxes, it will happen to CFB as baby boomers die off and millenials don't give a sh#t about sports.

Advertisement
I did know that, but why would all the other conferences continue to put up with it? I know everyone supposedly cheats, but if the SEC is that egregious, you'd think someone would have written a kiss and tell by now.

I hear ya. I'm surprised there's never been any kind of in depth investigative journalism stories about it. Especially after all the stuff that happened at Ole Miss came out during the draft. School I used to work at sent a 2018 kid to Ole Miss & I was told that if Ole Miss felt like the NCAA was about to ***** them, they wouldn't hold back. They would expose everyone & everything. But they just.. Stfu & didn't say ****. Then come to find out 5 SEC schools contacted Freeze about "a coaching position". Freeze was already under a 2 year show cause penalty. And wouldn't u know it.. He went down to Tuscaloosa & met with Saban in person. He went quite until he recently agreed to coach at liberty. Sure looks suspiciously like those schools made his last two years very comfortable in exchange for his silence. But who knows?

The sports networks have WAY too much invested in college football to risk bringing anything down. CBS airs the SEC game of the week. NBC has a contract with ND. ESPN has spent billions for tv rights. I wanna say Fox has tv rights to the Big12 & Pac 12.

I'd willing to bet if things are ever outted & Emmert can't protect who he wants to protect, he'll cave & start pushing for allowing schools to pay players legally.

That makes sense, but it is also an unsustainable model since the product will suffer. Just like pro sports had to go to revenue sharing and luxury taxes, it will happen to CFB as baby boomers die off and millenials don't give a sh#t about sports.
millenials don't give a sh#t about sports?

I was 18 when I joined the Army after 9/11. If I needed my mom or dad to co-sign I probably never would have enlisted.

Apparently becoming a student athlete is more life changing and dangerous...and a decision no 18 year old can make on their own.

Funny how the NCAA makes rules that facilitate behavior they deem illegal.

Advertisement
First off, I do not consider The Low Country nor New Orleans to be the South. Yes, those two areas' locations are in the Southern part of this Country, but they are not "Southern locales".

Having said that, my wife and I drove through, Mississippi, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, the Carolinas, Alabama and Tennessee numerous times. These places are completely decrepit and only Atlanta and Charlotte have any chance of succeeding in the future. [Charlotte is a better place to live than Atlanta.]

College Football is a top-3 GDP contributor in ALL of these states. In Alabama, it is a clear #1 (with Auburn and Tide).

They will never clean this cesspool up. There are 40 US Senators from the Midwest, so we currently have colossal farm subsidies and always will. There are 16 senators from the South that will enable the SEC's cheating for eternity. They already CONTROL the NCAA..........

We need to tell the elite players. "if you commit GREAT, but if you take another visit we will accept commitments from the Plan Bs, and we cannot guarantee a spot." Also, when the school realizes that there is another JObe, Surtain, Haselwood villain, they need to contact the UM websites and make it clear "that these guys do not have commitable offers". UM also needs to dis-invite the Elite from visits if they know that the SEC will pay handsomely for their services. It will not change the outcome, but it will change the perception, and will start signing more 4-star level talent.

New Orleans is not the south now LMFAO!!!

New Orleans is not the south now LMFAO!!!

If you consider New Orleans to be a Southern city, then you have not lived in the South!

New Orleans is a mix of Spanish, British, Cajun, Creole, Redbone, Caribbean and French cultures. It has its own distinct, world class cuisine and it has world class architecture. It is an amalgamation of a multitude of cultures. You are not familiar with the true New Orleans if you think that it is comparable to Baton Rouge, Jackson, Natchez, Little Rock Birmingham and/or Atlanta.

New Orleans is one of the USA's most unique cities. Its southern vibe does not eclipse its European, Caribbean or Cajun/Creole vibe.

Advertisement

Exactly!!!!

The NCAA is allowing the SEC to turn college football into NASCAR.

LOI or it ain’t true.
Until then keep recruiting and contacting kids.
**** outa here with the waiting for the **** phone to ring.

Advertisement
millenials don't give a sh#t about sports?

It's a generalization and a relative comparison to my generation (baby boomer). At least the ones I know don't or are losing interest. Politics have become the new "sport". ****, it's more entertaining than the Canes lately - ha.

you'll know by tonight either way.
Allegedly. But It’s fluid.
There might be an update to the update about the update that something changed and he’s now considering LSU cause he wants to play with cmr’s nephew. Immediately causing a massive cascading of events that produce a plethora of threads on multiple boards and a trending twitter status.

Advertisement
I hear ya. I'm surprised there's never been any kind of in depth investigative journalism stories about it. Especially after all the stuff that happened at Ole Miss came out during the draft. School I used to work at sent a 2018 kid to Ole Miss & I was told that if Ole Miss felt like the NCAA was about to ***** them, they wouldn't hold back. They would expose everyone & everything. But they just.. Stfu & didn't say ****. Then come to find out 5 SEC schools contacted Freeze about "a coaching position". Freeze was already under a 2 year show cause penalty. And wouldn't u know it.. He went down to Tuscaloosa & met with Saban in person. He went quite until he recently agreed to coach at liberty. Sure looks suspiciously like those schools made his last two years very comfortable in exchange for his silence. But who knows?

The sports networks have WAY too much invested in college football to risk bringing anything down. CBS airs the SEC game of the week. NBC has a contract with ND. ESPN has spent billions for tv rights. I wanna say Fox has tv rights to the Big12 & Pac 12.

I'd willing to bet if things are ever outted & Emmert can't protect who he wants to protect, he'll cave & start pushing for allowing schools to pay players legally.

OPEC could learn a thing or two from the SEC if they are that effective.

Advertisement
Back