Stetson Bennett Hammered on Good Morning America

The guy has an alcohol problem. That is pretty obvious.
If a person is in their mid-20’s and still passing/blacking out then that is typically someone who is addicted or on the short road to addiction.
What does their age have to do with when someone is allowed to get drunk? I’m 42 and make sure to pass out several times a year. Hopefully that never stops. Save me your morality issues. The real issue is doing dumb **** like knocking on someone’s door at 6AM while having an adult beverage. Having said that, it’s not that serious. Hopefully he only had to take some classes and pay a fine.

Advertisement
He wasn’t playing in the NFL anyways
Oh some team GM was going to try it thinking he's the smartest guy in the room. And I think he deserves a shot after his accomplishments in college.

GMA interview was funny - everyone got a kick out of it and moved on. This Dallas arrest is something entirely different - now he will be known as someone that just might have a drinking problem...which is problematic for any NFL team looking for him to become the next overlooked steal of the draft.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Will I get jamesqualled and/or waterbury'd if I joke about stetson winning back to back chips in CFP & AA?
We're not anit-joke. We just demand quality and this is a quality joke.

P.S.
spoiler GIF

Oh some team GM was going to try it thinking he's the smartest guy in the room. And I think he deserves a shot after his accomplishments in college.

GMA interview was funny - everyone got a kick out of it and moved on. This Dallas arrest is something entirely different - now he will be known as someone that just might have a drinking problem...which is problematic for any NFL team looking for him to become the next overlooked steal of the draft.
You are correct on all points. As to your first point, absolutely correct, especially after the success Brock Purdy had this year.

We're not anit-joke. We just demand quality and this is a quality joke.

P.S.
spoiler GIF
Oh I know, its one of my favorite things on the board personally. I just like to jokingly play into it like a "ooh am I gonna get got on this one?"

But in all actuality, I hope none of my posts ever get jamesqualled/Waterbury'd 🤣

Advertisement
I walk around and bang on people's doors at 6 am sober. This is rookie **** Stetson....do better.

Y’all no da Mailman does whatever in da **** da Mailman wants! He got dat Nahunta drip sun. Last time I wuz dat tore up I wuz datin a girl name a Linda Lou. We wuz dancing down at da jug an her ole beau come in an …. **** yall no da rest.

Advertisement
What does their age have to do with when someone is allowed to get drunk? I’m 42 and make sure to pass out several times a year. Hopefully that never stops. Save me your morality issues. The real issue is doing dumb **** like knocking on someone’s door at 6AM while having an adult beverage. Having said that, it’s not that serious. Hopefully he only had to take some classes and pay a fine.
There’s plenty of functioning alcoholic… the difference becomes like you said when they do dumb shot like driving, knocking on people’s vehicles, or which I think is more common making complete azzes out of themselves in public with people recording.

Beginning to see a pattern with this dude and I can only imagine what some light digging can come up with when NFL background folks start looking.

Advertisement
There's a difference between having fun and getting obnoxiously drunk. Getting obnoxiously drunk in public is something that shouldn't happen past the typical College kid's senior year(IE 21-22 YO). You have to be a crazy kind of drunk to get cited for public intoxication, most cops aren't citing you for that unless you are really, really plastered and likely mouthing off to them. Bennett is living his best life right now, but when you see a guy have multiple alcohol incidents, makes you wonder if he does have a problem. I hope not.

There's a difference between having fun and getting obnoxiously drunk. Getting obnoxiously drunk in public is something that shouldn't happen past the typical College kid's senior year(IE 21-22 YO). You have to be a crazy kind of drunk to get cited for public intoxication, most cops aren't citing you for that unless you are really, really plastered and likely mouthing off to them. Bennett is living his best life right now, but when you see a guy have multiple alcohol incidents, makes you wonder if he does have a problem. I hope not.
Do you drink? Have often do you drink? Smoke weed? Do coke? Have fun?

Do you drink? Have often do you drink? Smoke weed? Do coke? Have fun?
Yes, I drink and no, I know when to stop, which is far before I'm doing the kind of stuff that gets you cited for public intoxication. The fact that some adults think that the only way to have fun is to get **** near blackout wasted is pathetic. When you are getting that wasted, you are likely ruining the fun for others and that's not cool.

Advertisement
Back