Stetson Bennett Hammered on Good Morning America

so hes been in college since forever. tbh, it isnt overly difficult to be on track to graduate as an athlete esp w the extras student athletes get (makes sense considering they dont have time that reg students do due to their commitments) and theyre pretty much at school year round (summer sessions). this sounds like hes just lazy in the classroom and not him making leaving to start google or something.

either way, he can always go back to finish his degree free of charge so it isnt a big issue just more surprising since he enrolled in like 2017 lol

Advertisement
Bro, I feel like the biggest and dumbest loser despite dealing with people who have it worse on a daily basis.

I got a nice car, I'm healthy, my parents are healthy, my friends are healthy, I can do the hobbies that I choose to do, my (crap) job is gonna change in the next months... life's good. It's just never feels that way.

Even if I am pompous... its not the full story lol
Ten years from now you'll look back at these days with fond memories as the good old days.

Can someone explain how Bennett was able to stay eligible? You’re required to take a certain amount of credit hours every semester. Did he just change majors every semester? Even then, after 7 years he would have had enough Gen Ed credits to get a bachelor’s. How is this possible?

Advertisement
so hes been in college since forever. tbh, it isnt overly difficult to be on track to graduate as an athlete esp w the extras student athletes get (makes sense considering they dont have time that reg students do due to their commitments) and theyre pretty much at school year round (summer sessions). this sounds like hes just lazy in the classroom and not him making leaving to start google or something.

either way, he can always go back to finish his degree free of charge so it isnt a big issue just more surprising since he enrolled in like 2017 lol

My brother in law was on the 6 year plan in college lol

So if he has been in college for 6 years and let's assume he's done no academic work for the current semester, that is 11 semesters * 12 credits per semester or 24 per year to stay eligible (correct me if I'm off on this point) 132 credits, 120ish needed for degree. He may have changed majors once (or more than once) and is in no hurry to finish since it's on someone else's dime now. Not so far fetched after all

So if he has been in college for 6 years and let's assume he's done no academic work for the current semester, that is 11 semesters * 12 credits per semester or 24 per year to stay eligible (correct me if I'm off on this point) 132 credits, 120ish needed for degree. He may have changed majors once (or more than once) and is in no hurry to finish since it's on someone else's dime now. Not so far fetched after all
I had an elective w Kyle wright his final year at miami and he showed up three times the entire time. it was an event every time bc even his teammates would clown on it throwing a parade every time. he was clearly there for a class or two to show hes still an enrolled student to maintain eligibility.

players also take summer courses too when theyre there for summer workouts and fall camp. he shouldn't be short of any classes unless hes failed classes, but somehow maintained the min GPA requirements to stay eligible. in reality, they take close to 30 credits a year min including summers. its how athletes always end up graduating earlier than other students a lot esp at UM (not a lot kids do summers since its all out of pocket and you pay per credit hour so it isnt cheap and ur last 60 credits have to be UM Only to graduate)

I had an elective w Kyle wright his final year at miami and he showed up three times the entire time. it was an event every time bc even his teammates would clown on it throwing a parade every time. he was clearly there for a class or two to show hes still an enrolled student to maintain eligibility.

players also take summer courses too when theyre there for summer workouts and fall camp. he shouldn't be short of any classes unless hes failed classes, but somehow maintained the min GPA requirements to stay eligible. in reality, they take close to 30 credits a year min including summers. its how athletes always end up graduating earlier than other students a lot esp at UM (not a lot kids do summers since its all out of pocket and you pay per credit hour so it isnt cheap and ur last 60 credits have to be UM Only to graduate)
There were freebie elective classes at UCF too. I shared an art locker in a drawing class with the starting middle linebacker back when I was in school (nobody would know who he was unless you’re a weird UCF Superfan from the late 90’s) He showed up on the first day of class and the last day of class. He got a B. But yeah, considering most of the guys were taking classes year round and they had to take a minimum number of credit hours per semester, most of them graduated or were close to graduating after three years.

Advertisement
He’s on that seven-year plan.
Bedtime Threesome GIF by Pantaya

threesome GIF by Spring Breakers

College plan

Advertisement
Back