Stetson Bennett Hammered on Good Morning America

Zero shame in that.

I took off after 1.5 years of community college and never looked back. I’m glad I don’t have the debt and I’ve ended up ok in life, but I do wonder what it would’ve been like if I had a degree. The job market is ruthless for a young family/person without one.

Kudos to you for wising up and getting it done.

The **** man.

You just destroyed the idea that we all drive Bentleys here. Thanks, jerk. 😉

Advertisement
The only reason I want back was because my employer paid for it. Then after they laid me off, UM gave me grants that kept my debt to a minimum, hence my loyalty.

I'm glad to hear you're good, other than a degree being a job requirement, its value diminishes with experience.

I have a nice, shiny and expensive degree from the University of Miami in lovely Coral Gables, FL that I paid for myself (partial academic scholly) and it did exactly zero.zero for me.

That's not UM's fault, just no employer of mine ever gave a **** if, or where I went to college. I got in the door of the things I did through other ways (not connections or nepotism or anything entitled like that) and proved myself. No one asked or cared about college. Once I went out on my own in my 30's it mattered even less.

I joke around that I should have gone to a small, good northeast liberal arts college.

It wouldn't have made a difference or saved me money, but at least I wouldn't have this lifelong addiction to UM athletics. :)

Last edited:
Bro, don't sweat it. I got kicked out of CC, appealed and got back in only to be thrown out permanently. Like don't ever come back here thrown out. It took me 10 years and a stint in the Navy before I got my head out of my *** and got my first degree. Us men folk are just different.

It takes at least a decade or maybe 2, to look back at yourself when you were in your teens and your 20s to realize how far your head is up your ***. And I say that from personal experience.

While some of us may not have been through the same exact things, I look back and wonder how I didn’t get myself killed or worse, when I was in college and for a couple years afterwards. The problem is you think you know it all, you think you have all the ******* answers, when you actually don’t. I am a living testament to the fact that sometimes the stupid survive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2012 Toyota Camry. $11000 cash. Traded in an old car for $3500 that day. Nearing 150k miles. Saludos.

The best kind of car is one that you owe nothing on. My car is the least flashy it's been in my life, but the money I used to spend on them has been rerouted to kids and amazing vacations for them. Nevermind all the other stuff like travel sports, etc that are like mini vacations nearly year round. I do have a secondary car for when or if the other two have an issue, but that'll likely change when the first one can drive.

The best kind of car is one that you owe nothing on. My car is the least flashy it's been in my life, but the money I used to spend on them has been rerouted to kids and amazing vacations for them. Nevermind all the other stuff like travel sports, etc that are like mini vacations nearly year round. I do have a secondary car for when or if the other two have an issue, but that'll likely change when the first one can drive.

Solution. No kids.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Wait so CIS isn’t filled with pompous, financial advisors, accountants, lawyers, attorneys legal counselors or whatever the **** they wanna be today? Say it mf’n so 😱
Bro, I feel like the biggest and dumbest loser despite dealing with people who have it worse on a daily basis.

I got a nice car, I'm healthy, my parents are healthy, my friends are healthy, I can do the hobbies that I choose to do, my (crap) job is gonna change in the next months... life's good. It's just never feels that way.

Even if I am pompous... its not the full story lol

It takes at least a decade or maybe 2, to look back at yourself when you were in your teens and your 20s to realize how far your head is up your ***. And I say that from personal experience.

While some of us may not have been through the same exact things, I look back and wonder how I didn’t get myself killed or worse, when I was in college and for a couple years afterwards. The problem is you think you know it all, you think you have all the ******* answers, when you actually don’t. I am a living testament to the fact that sometimes the stupid survive.
I think the biggest accelerator for me was going into the Navy. After bootcamp I spent close to two years in various schools. Eight hours a day five days a week, I learned how to sit in a class and absorb. That and the next six years taught me to get there and be there on time whether I wanted to or not. haha All that gave me the discipline to sit thru English classes.

Advertisement

I do a lot of podcasts and speaking and I always get asked the question:

“What advice would you give your younger self knowing what you know now?”

My answer is always the same:

“I wouldn’t tell me anything because I wouldn’t listen to me”

This reminds me of a guy in my fraternity. Professor hit on him and propositioned him multiple times for good grades. Finally recorded it and took it to the dean. Got $100k and free tuition. Spent the money of 1980s memorabilia on eBay and never graduated.

Advertisement
Back