Stephon Wynn Jr. in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it…. But our best DT’s weigh 270-280 pounds and our best linebackers weigh 210-225 wr go o to the season like that we gonna get our **** pushed in by Jimbo…. If your not giving me an alternative here I can’t agree
Wynn ain’t the answer, he’s not stopping anybody, because he’s never stoped anybody in his entire career.

In 4 year he hasn’t had 1 sack or 1 TFL, not one... Not one single play behind the line of scrimmage, not one.

WTF is he gonna do here that he didn’t do at Bama???

Why don’t we just go round up Bama’s intramural Flag Football team too, I mean they went to Bama so that must mean they’re All-Americans right? Yall are literally arguing taking bad players that have never produced just because they were in Tuscaloosa for 4 years lol

Advertisement
Wynn ain’t the answer, he’s not stopping anybody, because he’s never stoped anybody in his entire career.

In 4 year he hasn’t had 1 sack or 1 TFL, not one... Not one single play behind the line of scrimmage, not one.

WTF is he gonna do here that he didn’t do at Bama???

Why don’t we just go round up Bama’s intramural Flag Football team too, I mean they went to Bama so that must mean they’re All-Americans right? Yall are literally arguing taking bad players that have never produced just because they were in Tuscaloosa for 4 years lol
You still not getting it man. Nobody is saying he is going to be a beast or that he even has to be. What I’m saying is he is a grown man that is in his 5th year. If they don’t get the kid from Maryland what’s the problem with taking a chance on a 1 year rental like him? We have no NT besides Miller and he wouldn’t get any reps at bama. I’m just saying I don’t see what it will hurt

You still not getting it man. Nobody is saying he is going to be a beast or that he even has to be. What I’m saying is he is a grown man that is in his 5th year. If they don’t get the kid from Maryland what’s the problem with taking a chance on a 1 year rental like him? We have no NT besides Miller and he wouldn’t get any reps at bama. I’m just saying I don’t see what it will hurt
He’s a waste of space & an untalented player that has a zero net-gain.

I get it fully, I just disagree with it.

You don’t bring in a player just to play 10 snaps a game simply because he’s a over 300lbs, that’s dumb lol.

When you’re adding Portal players, particularly when you’re a team like us, you don’t look for guys to fill gimmick roles, you bring in players that will produce in your system & elevate the position as a positive in replacement for whoever you’re going to lose after he comes in.

Brining in Wynn is basically a trade off for Jordan Miller, which player is better, Miller or Wynn? If you say Wynn, you’re only saying so because he wore a crimson colored jersey for 4 years because there’s literally no evidence at all to support that claim.

So what exactly does he bring to Miami? He would be a run stopping NT right? Based on what? Are there any examples of him ever stopping the run, ever in his career? Is a 5th year Senior who’s never played well at all in his entire career going to come to Miami & play in a Defense he’s never played in before & make plays he’s never made before?

Yall simply want him here because of his size? Ishmael Sopsher is a 6’4 334lbs with no production in his career, what’s the difference between him & Wynn? Sama Paama is 6’4 347lbs do yall want him too, he can play NT can’t he?

What about Juan Harris, he’s 6’3 350lbs 5th year Senior, he can do the same things yall assume Wynn would be doing right?

Different schemes. Bama d-line wasn’t asked to just get In the backfield like in diaz defense. He had to eat blocks. So u mean to tell me he can’t come here and hold up vs the run and eat up space?
Yes! If he WANTS too. But that the thing with him. We have a guy in this thread, who knows this kid personally. He said, the kid lacks drive and motivation. If he comes here, with the same mindset, he will be nothing more than a 300lb blocking dummy, taking up space and a scholarship. If he had drive, and was simply getting passed up by more talented guys at Bama, I would say, “kick the tires on him and see what he is” because you never know. Different scheme, coaches, and teammates, may fit him better. But this is different. He’s supposedly getting passed up because he’s lazy and unmotivated. We’re getting this info from someone who knows him. I say, take heed to the warning. Do we really want a guy with that reputation on the sideline…. look just cause he played for Bama, don’t necessarily mean he improves the DL room. He has the talent…. Can he find the motivation and drive? As of yet, its a “no!”. IMO. If Mario and Co. decided to go after him, I’ll ride with it, but I will have my reservations until I see different on the field.

Last edited:

You don’t bring in a player just to play 10 snaps a game simply because he’s a over 300lbs, that’s dumb lol.

When you’re adding Portal players, particularly when you’re a team like us, you don’t look for guys to fill gimmick roles, you bring in players that will produce in your system & elevate the position as a positive in replacement for whoever you’re going to lose after he comes in.

Brining in Wynn is basically a trade off for Jordan Miller, which player is better, Miller or Wynn? If you say Wynn, you’re only saying so because he wore a crimson colored jersey for 4 years because there’s literally no evidence at all to support that claim.

So what exactly does he bring to Miami? He would be a run stopping NT right? Based on what? Are there any examples of him ever stopping the run, ever in his career? Is a 5th year Senior who’s never played well at all in his entire career going to come to Miami & play in a Defense he’s never played in before & make plays he’s never made before?

Yall simply want him here because of his size? Ishmael Sopsher is a 6’4 334lbs with no production in his career, what’s the difference between him & Wynn? Sama Paama is 6’4 347lbs do yall want him too, he can play NT can’t he?

What about Juan Harris, he’s 6’3 350lbs 5th year Senior, he can do the same things yall assume Wynn would be doing right?
Shiddd bring them big ******** too

Advertisement

C4856A8E-45FD-486D-995A-BFAA3586072B.gif

Yes! If he WANTS too. But that the thing with him. We have a guy in this thread, who knows this kid personally. He said, the kid lacks drive and motivation. If he comes here, with the same mindset, he will be nothing more than a 300lb blocking dummy, taking up space and a scholarship. If he had drive, and was simply getting passed up by more talented guys at Bama, I would say, “kick the tires on him and see what he is” because you never know. Different scheme, coaches, and teammates, may fit him better. But this is different. He’s supposedly getting passed up because he’s lazy and unmotivated. We’re getting this info from someone who knows him. I say, take heed to the warning. Do we really want a guy with that reputation on the sideline…. look just cause he played for Bama, don’t necessarily mean he improves the DL room. He has the talent…. Can he find the motivation and drive? As of yet, its a “NO!”, IMO. If Mario and Co. decided to go after him, I’ll ride with it, but I will have my reservations until I see different on the field.
Appreciate the info see I didn’t know all that. I looked at the bama board and they were saying he was a good kid and worked hard but obviously they wouldn’t know everything. But i will definitely pass if that’s the word on him

Advertisement
I agree that we need a productive big boy DT which we do not have. All of these proposed names are also not a solution. These big boys do not grow on trees and the productive ones are given "incentives" not to transfer. We only have one more week of being patient to see of one of these kids enters the portal or Steel will have to use his 40 years of knowledge to gameplan the running game. I worry that we just do not have the beef to hold off a running team, with 330 lb OL hogs from blowing us off the ground for 4 quarters. I think we have a major problem at DT.

Pops didn’t wanna say too much. He simply said they have gotten plenty of calls and that his son is dialed in. He has dropped down to 290 and understands it’s his “money” year. Plan all along was to go through spring and see where he finished on the depth chart at the end of it. He was on the 2nd team so decided to look elsewhere. I tried to get him to tell me if Miami was interested and he just put his hands in the air.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Different conferences. Think $EC is the one that needs an in conference waiver after a certain date.
The SEC has their own separate rule for transferring "in-conference." The date is February 1st for Fall Sports and May 1st for Winter sports.

The NCAA deadline is May 1st. Anyone transferring after May 1st would have to sit out a year unless they are a graduate transfer or petition the NCAA for a waiver.

Right all those fools see is Bama and 300lb and they think sign him lol

I'm just sick of all the logo watching our fanbase does in the portal. They see player XYZ in the portal from a respected powerhouse school and get all giddy with excitement. You automatically assume he's better than any player we have at his position.

Y'all just logo watching. There's no basis for, "We need this guy" who has little to no production in his career. So, you have absolutely no idea what type of player XYZ is other than the logo on the helmet and some high school rating from years past.

There's a reason why these guys are in the Portal. Not everyone is a take.

Last edited:
What is the basis of anything you are saying? You've seen film on him?

We've already taken 4 DL from the portal who all have proven production. There are scholarship limits. It's like you guys want to replace the entire DL room.

Give it a rest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back