Stephon Wynn Jr. in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
In 5 years?

Which is generally not a good look for him, but considering the context of whom he was competing for playing time against at Bama vs whom he would at Miami is very different. But also we are significantly raising the talent level at UM so burning a spot on Wynn might not be prudent. Also there is no hurry, we can wait until after May's portal declaration deadline.

Go Canes

Red:[Referring to his armpits] "You see this? You see that? There's no hair under here bro! Okay?”
Dale: “What's the significance of that?”
Red: “It makes me aerodynamic when I fight! I can take danger”

He played where they put him in Manny's defense. He and Alan Haye I believe are the 1-technique guys.

My point was that this guy was trashing our players calling himself a fan. It's OK to critique and criticize, but not trash. Everyone has value.

We've only had 1 guy transfer out from the DL and that was Nesta who would have played. I believe Mouton transferred under Manny, but even if it was under Mario, that would make 2. Everyone else graduated. Their isn't this wholesale replacement pushing guys out of the program that OP was referring to.

The transfers are filling holes that Manny left from his lack of recruiting leaving the numbers low at several positions. The transfers may become starters, but that doesn't make the other guys trash. You need a least 2 deep strong to have a top teir team. That’s what Mario is building.

These young men sweat and bleed on Greentree. In the classroom they put in the work as well. Whether they achieve someone else's expectations doesn't make them any less a Miami Hurricane.

We have so called fans calling players trash as if they are the ones to decide whose a Miami Hurricane and whose not. Acting like they have blood and sweat in this program. All former players have blood and sweat in this program. They have the right to "trash" their brothers, but they never would. So, how is it that people outside the program who call themselves Canes fans, think it's their God given right to do so?
Like so many, I'm just a fan. I didn't goto UM. I'm just happy that the University of Miami and its Athletic Department embrace the fans in its community as part of the UM family. That's what make Miami special. It wasn't always like that and fans should keep that in mind.
He isn’t pushing guys out but he is bringing guys in to take their PT

Advertisement
People on here act like Bama is a DI school and we are DIII so any player from Bama must be better than any player we have.
There are players at Bama, and every other school in the country, that are not very good. No school will have 85 great players. Not even UM 2001.
Did you go to the game last year? **** felt like us playing bethune, **** was over in 1st qtr... I dont blame everyones confusion, lol...

I kid, I kid..

He isn’t pushing guys out but he is bringing guys in to take their PT
You should re-read what I wrote because I said that. Some of the transfers will be starters. Nearly all the transfers are replacing positions that were low in numbers because Manny didn't recruit to replace the guys lost to graduation.

Everyone has to compete.

For the record, I'm one of the biggest critics of individual and team play for football and baseball. Just read my posts.

Pops didn’t wanna say too much. He simply said they have gotten plenty of calls and that his son is dialed in. He has dropped down to 290 and understands it’s his “money” year. Plan all along was to go through spring and see where he finished on the depth chart at the end of it. He was on the 2nd team so decided to look elsewhere. I tried to get him to tell me if Miami was interested and he just put his hands in the air.
Thanks for sharing.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Calling me Internet tough guy while you list your size, which btw is my exact measurements, is rich. Lmao. You’re most likely a low IQ 17 year old whose only identity is his attachment to UM because his dad who is no longer in his life was a fan too.

A65EF98F-AC4D-4D11-B143-79925FDA7289.gif

65171AD2-F9EF-42F7-9B82-4372A1C0CC73.gif

Did you go to the game last year? **** felt like us playing bethune, **** was over in 1st qtr... I dont blame everyones confusion, lol...

I kid, I kid..
I know we did look pretty bad last year.
But think of the Bama receivers who played in the championship game after Williams and Metchie were hurt. They were nothing special. Not saying they were bad but just that the bottom of the Bama roster is not guaranteed to be better than the top of our roster at every position.

Advertisement
Calling me Internet tough guy while you list your size, which btw is my exact measurements, is rich. Lmao. You’re most likely a low IQ 17 year old whose only identity is his attachment to UM because his dad who is no longer in his life was a fan too.
You are internet tough. Talk ****, but can't back it up.

Advertisement
Why do people assume that because a kid is over 315 lbs. he plays with the strength, leverage, motor, and tough, unselfish mentality necessary to play as a true NT?

Maybe Miller has it and we just haven't seen it because of how he was asked to play by the other staff. And maybe this new staff and scheme provides him that chance. But let's not pretend he wasn't always a project with athletic upside at DT carrying loads of bad weight who needed time to reshape his body and really learn the position.

Pops didn’t wanna say too much. He simply said they have gotten plenty of calls and that his son is dialed in. He has dropped down to 290 and understands it’s his “money” year. Plan all along was to go through spring and see where he finished on the depth chart at the end of it. He was on the 2nd team so decided to look elsewhere. I tried to get him to tell me if Miami was interested and he just put his hands in the air.

Any updates on Wynn's contact with or interest in Miami.

Go Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back