Stephon Wynn Jr. in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Nope. Tyman Mitchell was in the rotation and eventually was going to start and Jacolbe Cowan was also in OSU’s rotation as a freshman. This guy has been passed over multiple times. Plus Bama is over their scholarship count so he was probably asked to leave. No thank you.

Dude has 16 tkls in 4 yrs at Bama w/ only 3 of them coming as solos. Lol

Naaah, I’m good; he appears to be a cap casualty of the Bama system. He’s been passed up all 4 yrs there. Not sure where his fit may be, if it’s even still at a P5 level. I’m sure some team may take a flyer on him b/c of what school he comes from & his previous HS ranking, but it shouldn’t be us. He’ll b fortunate to not be a portal casualty.

This also proves y u NEVER stop recruiting at a high level; not only to breed competition, but to also weed out those who may have peaked at the HS level & were misevaluated by the recruiting services.

Advertisement
Dude has 16 tkls in 4 yrs at Bama w/ only 3 of them coming as solos. Lol

Naaah, I’m good; he appears to be a cap casualty of the Bama system. He’s been passed up all 4 yrs there. Not sure where his fit may be, if it’s even still at a P5 level. I’m sure some team may take a flyer on him b/c of what school he comes from & his previous HS ranking, but it shouldn’t be us. He’ll b fortunate to not be a portal casualty.

This also proves y u NEVER stop recruiting at a high level; not only to breed competition, but to also weed out those who may have peaked at the HS level & were misevaluated by the recruiting services.
He claims that Kirby wants him TFWIW, I’ll find out more soon

No, he is lazy. I know him personally.
If he lazy, he can keep it moving. If playing for Saban’s machine and watching teammate after teammate become new millionaires, can’t motivate you to say “Fucc lazy!” and play up to your potential…. then I’m not sure anything will. Mario don’t do lazy…. and from the reports we’ve been getting, neither does Coach Joe.

Advertisement
I don't know his work ethic but Miller, Ford .and Nesta would have been in the same situation tho ....

None of those guys were ever accused of being lazy. Miller just doesn't seem to be good enough. Nesta's issue remains a mystery but seems to be attitude. He's not as talented as advertised but is a good college DT. Ford was hyped by Kuligowski, never took that next step. But he's also a quality college DT.

We would be a dramatically better defense with those two (Silvera and Ford) still on roster. Not ACCCG level DTs, but good enough to get us there as part of the total defensive package.

Advertisement
If he lazy, he can keep it moving. If playing for Saban’s machine and watching teammate after teammate become new millionaires, can’t motivate you to say “Fucc lazy!” and play up to your potential…. then I’m not sure anything will. Mario don’t do lazy…. and from the reports we’ve been getting, neither does Coach Joe.
Saban wanted him at 305, but his weight would vary. He was 320 at one point. He was completely content with the compensation he was getting at Bama and wouldn’t put in the work.

Advertisement
None of those guys were ever accused of being lazy. Miller just doesn't seem to be good enough. Nesta's issue remains a mystery but seems to be attitude. He's not as talented as advertised but is a good college DT. Ford was hyped by Kuligowski, never took that next step. But he's also a quality college DT.

We would be a dramatically better defense with those two (Silvera and Ford) still on roster. Not ACCCG level DTs, but good enough to get us there as part of the total defensive package.
The point is all of them would ride the pine at bama ..... no way to compare him without much film ...I do believe he had better coaching... only read one post here on CIS about him being lazy....everything I've read said he was passed up by better NFL caliber players...I think it's more about bama being loaded everywhere with talent.... more than they can handle right now ..

While I will definitely put stock into someone that knows him saying he is lazy and change my perception, I think at this stage in our roster it wouldn't be a forgone conclusion that someone failing to hit the field at Alabama means they wouldn't contribute here when you consider who we have recruited and who they have recruited. I feel like we just took a WR last cycle that had gotten passed over by the wealth of 5 stars at Oklahoma that was able to contribute. Certain positions on certain teams may have a 4th best guy that is actually better than our 1 or 2. I think if it took him four years to get processed out of Bama there was some potential that couldn't be motivated but was worth keeping around to find out.

While I will definitely put stock into someone that knows him saying he is lazy and change my perception, I think at this stage in our roster it wouldn't be a forgone conclusion that someone failing to hit the field at Alabama means they wouldn't contribute here when you consider who we have recruited and who they have recruited. I feel like we just took a WR last cycle that had gotten passed over by the wealth of 5 stars at Oklahoma that was able to contribute. Certain positions on certain teams may have a 4th best guy that is actually better than our 1 or 2.
I understand you but that WR actually produced during his time at the school he was at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back