Steele, Strong, and our LBS

Truth is we don’t have any potential first team all conference players on the roster aside from Chase Smith and hopefully Bissainthe but they are both very green. I think Steed/Flagg will be solid contributors still.
Stevenson could possibly be 1st team all ACC

Maybe one of safeties...But probably a year away.

Advertisement
With proper development we’re going to learn a sophomore isn’t that green. It won’t take 3-4 **** years to develop like it did most players under Diaz

With proper development we’re going to learn a sophomore isn’t that green. It won’t take 3-4 **** years to develop like it did most players under Diaz

The irony is that he started 3 Freshmen in 2016. The problem was the only one who got any better was Shaq, and he had to train himself up. Those LB coaches were hot trash, Diaz included.

Advertisement
He will. Best option for Jim Williams is to be closer to the line of scrimmage for the team and his $$$ future. Demonstrating his skills as a edge/middle Blitzer, coming downhill on runs, getting wide on sweeps, dropping into coverage and running down QB's and RB's from behind will only increase his team and $$$ value. Hope he and the staff agree on how best to use his versatility.
Who is Jim Williams

Truth is we don’t have any potential first team all conference players on the roster aside from Chase Smith and hopefully Bissainthe but they are both very green. I think Steed/Flagg will be solid contributors still.
Leonard Taylor literally just had a 8.5 tfl season and that’s literally with him playing not a significant amount of snaps, I see He’s well on his way for that and we got a few others on defense Imo at safety and maybe cb with stevenson

Advertisement

It's a short video but that's understandable seeing as how Diaz kept him hidden on the bench most of last season. Chase Smith has the most potential in our LB room and a coach like Strong should be able to bring it out.

Leonard Taylor literally just had a 8.5 tfl season and that’s literally with him playing not a significant amount of snaps, I see He’s well on his way for that and we got a few others on defense Imo at safety and maybe cb with stevenson
Chillll my comment a couple up I meant I was just talking about Lb lol I should have specified. I think LT and both Williams at safety, TVD and rooster have the potential to be first teamers lol

Wesley Bissanthe looks to be 6'0 about 200 pounds right now.

I saw a pic of him recently and he looks like a safety.

He needs some Bama and UGA level HGH asap.

All these guys you all think aren't good enough, are too slow, undersized, bad tacklers, and can't read a play must've had really good coaching last year to make such strong statements about their abilities.

Wait a second, that's not true, the coaching sucked. That's why those coaches were not retained.

Looking at a Diaz defense, you should come away with one thing. It was a chaotic mess with players asked to do absurd things. It was a collegiate version of sandlot football.

Guys upfront were asked to just get up the field, create havoc, and **** gap integrity or setting the edge. Do you have any clue how difficult that makes a linebackers job when there's literally holes all over the place for linemen to get down field on a backer or a back to shoot through all those holes.

It was a mess all of it. I'm not writing anyone off because you know what, we don't know what we've got with anyone. You'll see a technically sound team with this staff where people have responsibilities leaving fewer gaps to be exploited. Players won't be free styling out there, but will have places they need to be on every play.

I'm looking forward to it. I've said it before, but a lot of you will be surprised by some of these players. They'll all look better and of they can't play their assignments, they won't play.

Advertisement
All these guys you all think aren't good enough, are too slow, undersized, bad tacklers, and can't read a play must've had really good coaching last year to make such strong statements about their abilities.

Yup this is the point I made a few weeks back...The fact we haven't jumped all over mediocre portal LB (I think there's a chance we'll take one after spring) shows me that Cristobal and now Steele may not think it's totally hopeless at the position

There has to be at least 1-2 2 deep type guys in the Brooks (he's flashed), Huff, TAC, Troutman, T.Johnson, Steed (had moments, more a 2nd team type imo but serviceable) ...I mean, they can't all suck. And this is before we get to Chase Smith and Bissainthe

Wait a second, that's not true, the coaching sucked. That's why those coaches were not retained.

Looking at a Diaz defense, you should come away with one thing. It was a chaotic mess with players asked to do absurd things. It was a collegiate version of sandlot football.

Guys upfront were asked to just get up the field, create havoc, and **** gap integrity or setting the edge. Do you have any clue how difficult that makes a linebackers job when there's literally holes all over the place for linemen to get down field on a backer or a back to shoot through all those holes.

It was a mess all of it. I'm not writing anyone off because you know what, we don't know what we've got with anyone. You'll see a technically sound team with this staff where people have responsibilities leaving fewer gaps to be exploited. Players won't be free styling out there, but will have places they need to be on every play.

I'm looking forward to it. I've said it before, but a lot of you will be surprised by some of these players. They'll all look better and of they can't play their assignments, they won't play.

Spot on. We saw how different players looked going from Dorito to Manny just off of scheme alone. I find it hard to believe it that every LB forgot how to play football when they got here and I’m happy Chase Smith only was subjected to 1 year of Manny. I’m still in favor of bringing in a portal guy (the names been thrown around already here) as that’s a proven upgrade but people will be surprised as some of these guys look night and day better with Steele, Strong, and a sound scheme.

we suck

could have ray lewis and lawrence taylor coaching each guy 1on1 for 3 years and still be dismal improvement

gonna be 3 years before we're even remotely good at LB
Everyone has question marks. Not a good feeling at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back