State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Advertisement
The dumb people are the ones who think that the storm is gone once the black dot is in Vero Beach. It's like you all think that the NHC path is a satellite photo.

I've had an eye pass right over me. Once the eye is gone, about 50 or more miles away, the worst is over. At worst, TS winds which won't last. I've been through several of these. Have you?

No, you're the only one, even though most of us live in Florida. You're THE guy who has experienced hurricanes.

The person was talking about driving down I-95. Even though the eye is gone, the driving conditions will still be terrible. But people here act like it's a clear spring day once the eye has passed. Have you bothered to look at the size of this thing on radar?

Don't see anything about driving a car in those posts.

Love how you think you represent people that post here. I was responding to you, and you alone.

You still have no clue. Unless it stalls, in this type/size of hurricane, once the eye is moving away from you, in a very short time, a few hours, you're good to go.

Because you don't understand that posts are made in a certain context. Only responding to me just means that you missed the entire conversation. Not unexpected on today's message boards.

And after a hurricane passes through, you're not "good to go" in a few hours. What an amateur.

Where's the driving discussion? It's not "context" - it isn't even there.

Coach just said they are closing all classes Thursday and Friday, so we should be able to get practices in. I do think that FSU will use this to delay the game because it may affect their travel plans.

Advertisement

You got me. No one has mentioned driving from central Florida. The important thing is that everything is back to normal a few hours after an eye passes.

You're an obnoxious prick.

The sustained category 3/4 winds are concentrated and extend only 7 miles from the eye.

There's going to be ton of weather. It's a big storm. You act like you're some sort of insightful genius because the storm's gotten closer and you can now see how large it is in comparison to the state. Huzzah! It's big! Zomg! CANCEL THE GAME!

But the scary **** is highly concentrated at the storm's center. So where the eye goes is of supreme significance to the safety conditions after the eye moves north of central Florida.

I think this all hinges on how the streets in central and south Florida look at 10AM on Friday. To my point, the NHC said yesterday: "For example, only a small deviation of the track to the left of the NHC forecast could bring the core of a major hurricane onshore, while a small deviation to the right could keep all of the hurricane-force winds offshore."

Step back from the computer for a second and LITERALLY **** YOUR OWN FACE.

Last edited:
I'm actually impressed that administrations at both schools haven't overreacted (yet). I like that Rick is focused too. That sissy Mike Mularkey is already crying about the safety of his relatives that live in Lauderdale. I may go over and take down all of their shutters in the middle of the night tonight.

You got me. No one has mentioned driving from central Florida. The important thing is that everything is back to normal a few hours after an eye passes.

You're an obnoxious prick.

The sustained category 3/4 winds are concentrated and extend only 7 miles from the eye.

There's going to be ton of weather. It's a big storm. You act like you're some sort of insightful genius because the storm's gotten closer and you can now see how large it is in comparison to the state. Huzzah! It's big! Zomg! CANCEL THE GAME!

But the scary **** is highly concentrated at the storm's center. So where the eye goes is of supreme significance to the safety conditions after the eye moves north of central Florida. I think this all hinges on how the streets in central and south Florida look at 10AM on Friday.

Step back from the computer for a second and LITERALLY **** YOUR OWN FACE.

As long as the eye stays offshore by a safe distance, roads should be fine. There may be water surge issues on local coastal roads, but not on major highways.

This all hinges on where the eye goes. Franchise had a good example with Jamaica. Look how closely it passed Jamaica. The destructive part seems very tight right now,

Advertisement
Coach just said they are closing all classes Thursday and Friday, so we should be able to get practices in. I do think that FSU will use this to delay the game because it may affect their travel plans.

Unless their is substantial damage to the stadium or widespread power outages I can't imagine that this game won't get played Saturday night. In one of the previous posts in this thread Jimbo was quoted as saying that they will likely travel on Friday now instead of Saturday. It also stated that both teams are moving forward as they are expecting the game to be played.

I thought it would be safer for FSU to fly into Tampa on Thursday and then Miami Friday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Officials are concerned about the safety of roads following a storm that is expected to hammer South Florida with wind and rain through Thursday.

Really? I thought that you're good to go in a few hours after a hurricane blows through.

Seriously, stop. What are you doing? Now you're picking out lines from a newspaper article to try and win your fight (that's annoying as ****...and not just your fault)? Just stop. A lot of people are coming to this thread for information, not to read a thread from the baseball board.

Advertisement
Lol why would they fly to Tampa on Thursday and then fly to Miami on Friday when they could just fly to Miami on Friday?

As of right now Jimbo is saying they may just have to delay their travels until Friday. Usually they travel on Thursday.

Moderator Statement:

Everyone please settle down. Information is likely to change another dozen times in the next 48 hours. If someone is not agreeing with your sentiment, please ignore them.

We're all hoping for the best possible outcome with as little damage as possible.

Thanks,

CanesInsight.com

Advertisement
Back