State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Officials are concerned about the safety of roads following a storm that is expected to hammer South Florida with wind and rain through Thursday.

Really? I thought that you're good to go in a few hours after a hurricane blows through.

Seriously, stop. What are you doing? Now you're picking out lines from a newspaper article to try and win your fight (that's annoying as ****...and not just your fault)? Just stop. A lot of people are coming to this thread for information, not to read a thread from the baseball board.
If only we could get Brian Picklesmooch in here to ramp this up with a line by line quote fest and post spree. Baseball board is the tops.

Advertisement
Game back on. **** all you drama queens.

BEAT. MOTHER. *******. FSU.

Cane Classic took ownership of this thread in the face of devout facqitry from the soccer moms on here. You're one of the few thinking men left, Cane Classic. Take a celebratory lap!

Still a wait and see mode. They aren't going to make a decision anytime soon. Link doesn't provide anything we don't already know. If this thing tracks a little more West...no bueno

Advertisement
No major change for us at the 5pm advisory, but the GFS model has it hitting or getting very close to the Daytona area.

View attachment 39319

Shifted further east. Looks bad up the coast towards Vero and Brevard.

This btch is doing everything in its power to have an impact on us lol... Moving west, slowing down so it won't arrive in SoFla till Friday... I still think we get the game in. The latest models only had one projection touching land in Florida, I believe, but this is frustrating as heck.

Friday morning it will be in central florida

Uhhhh the storm is bigger than that little black dot homie. It's actually longwr than the entire state of Florida. So if the eye is in central Florida, Miami and Broward will still be getting hit with rain and wind.

No

Cane Classic took ownership of this thread in the face of devout facqitry from the soccer moms on here. You're one of the few thinking men left, Cane Classic. Take a celebratory lap!

Thanks, 'Chise. Though I'm not sure I'll get all the way around the track under the weight of all these infractions.

Nothing we can do but wait, and hope for the best. I have a feeling Miami fans want the thing to go east, while Nole fans are praying for it to go west.

Advertisement
5pm advisory. Say goodbye to Daytona

153139W5_NL_sm.jpg

5pm advisory. Say goodbye to Daytona

View attachment 39334

With this track, South Florida should not be significantly affected (yes, there will be rain, there will be winds, but we're talking manageable tropical storm/cat 1, all chill).

Central Florida, though...****. I'm hopeful for the city of Daytona and its residents that the storm shifts back east (as is consistent with some respected models). Again, because of this storm's particular structure, the difference of 10-15 miles is extreme regarding consequences to affected communities.

Even with a landfall there, logistically, we should still be fine to play. FSU could easily fly around the storm Friday morning. Though I suppose the game could be cancelled "in solidarity" if Central Florida gets ravaged.

More wait and see, but nothing catastrophic in this update as far as the 'Canes are concerned. Thoughts are with families bracing for impact, though.

Advertisement
Adversity brings out the gheyness in some people. You have two types on this thread, the panicked teenage drama queens predicting doom and that we're all fūcked, or the smart *** prīcks rooting for major damage and the game to be canceled.

Advertisement
UCF better pray that storm doesn't come too far inland and wipe out their erector set stadium. A loud fart could topple that structure.

Thanks, 'Chise. Though I'm not sure I'll get all the way around the track under the weight of all these infractions.
Infractions always go up whenever that FSU fan comes out of moth balls and starts posting his pro-FSU drivel.

I am starting to think the storm may affect the Gaytors more than Miami at this point. ****'em.

Advertisement
Back