State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Hurricane MATTHEW

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Based on the current models, I'd put this game at around 30% chance of not being played this Saturday. One models looks to have landfall between FLL and WPB, another just north of WPB and two more off the coast I'd say about 100 miles. I'd guess by Wednesday Midday they will know if the game is going to be played.

I don't see how this game could be cancelled if the storm will be well near the Carolinas by Saturday night. Unless there's a direct hit that causes a considerable amount of damage.

Advertisement
I don't see how this game could be cancelled if the storm will be well near the Carolinas by Saturday night. Unless there's a direct hit that causes a considerable amount of damage.

When is FSU suppose to travel down for the game?

Hurricane MATTHEW

This is the only link you should look at, and as you can see, nothing to see here right now. Just check in on this tomorrow and wednesday, if there is any shift west, then yes be worried, but if not then it is just the same weatherman bs trying to stir up something and give meaning to their jobs

Advertisement

When is FSU suppose to travel down for the game?

From the Showtime show they like to travel to away games early so they can pull there kids out of classes and have them work with "tutors" for those classes. You know, class time is overrated and I'm sure those tutors are on the up and up.

0% chance of cancellation. Some guys just like to start dumb rumors and get everyone shivering. CIS=Chihuahuas In Sight.

BLOW EAST MOTHER****ERRRR!!!!!!

From that link the poster gave us below..if that thing blows West just a few miles we are phucked come Thurs/Fri. LMAO.

But we have had ALOT of close calls..no reason to think this wont be the same. I doubt it hits. Hurricane Wilma was the last Hurricane that caught us off guard and that was **** near 11 years ago. Im sure we will be just fine.

Advertisement
THIS is not good, though...

Florida Storms ‏@FloridaStorms 4m4 minutes ago

"Significant shift west" at 5 pm from @NHC_Atlantic on Major Hurricane #Matthew . "Direct hurricane impacts" possible in parts of FL. #flwx

Ct3vBu2XYAENLFM.jpg

Ct3vBrlW8AIKXZT.jpg

Ct3vBpgWEAA4nfv.jpg

Unless there is a drastic shift and the storm makes direct landfall here, it won't impact the game. The weather will probably be pretty ****** here on Thursday but it'll be fine for people traveling in on Friday. By Saturday, it'll be clear and sunny.

Advertisement
i was on here saying this about 5 days ago...absolutely sucks..im supposed to fly in Thu at 9 am...My wife and I are this close to saying "***** that" and driving in from Texas...my airline hasn't said anything yet but I do not want to flirt with Thursday or Friday flights at all..or Saturday too even. I don't see how they would not be cancelled

People have trouble reading charts and understanding probabilities.

Right now, the probability for South Florida is some strong weather effects, not an impact. The chances of a direct impact on land in South Florida, right now are not great. And it'll be somewhere near the South Carolina area by Saturday.

Barring the extremely small probability that it lands in Fort Lauderdale and passes directly over the stadium, thereby causing structural damage to the Hard Rock, there is zero chance of the game will be canceled on Saturday

Advertisement
Back