State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

someone posted about UCF earlier

apparently they're moving their game from friday TO Saturday

if Tulane and UCF can play in Orlando on Saturday there's no reason we can't play FSU in Miami on Saturday.
Ucf game here against Tulane got postponed until November

Keep in mind though it's gonna hit central Florida nearly 3/4 day after Miami and ucf game is Friday. So Miami is in clear for Saturday

UCF-Tulane game was on Friday though, not Saturday. UCF offered to play Saturday, and Tulane said no, because Tulane plays next Friday too, and didn't want a short week.
Yeah that's what I was getting at. Shouldn't affect Miami Saturday

I just got the text from ucf that our classes are canceled today at 3 and tomorrow

Advertisement
Current forecast is 20% chance of rain on Saturday. The storm will be long gone by then. Thursday afternoon is going to be the time period for impact in Dade and Broward.

I'd recommend flying into Tampa and driving... or into Miami on Saturday. too risky for Thursday or Friday flights... unless maybe tomorrow AM.

Yeah why would we be under a tropical storm warning once the hurricane has passed by a day? Lol.
It's gonn hit central Florida and "linger"?
We got some dumb people here.

Curious to see if the game will be played under a tropical storm warning (if the storm hits on Friday in central FL and lingers for an extra day).

Also does the stadium have backup generators in case of widespread power outages?

The storm will be in SC at kickoff. Why would we still have a TS warning?

I think it's a pertinent question.

Yes, it does have generators. In case the storm is still going on while you're at the game, there are extra cots for everyone to sleep in. Also, don't worry about food. Because the concession people will stay there and take care of you. All in all, you'll be fine

Advertisement
Yeah why would we be under a tropical storm warning once the hurricane has passed by a day? Lol.

The dumb people are the ones who think that the storm is gone once the black dot is in Vero Beach. It's like you all think that the NHC path is a satellite photo.

The dumb people are the ones who think that the storm is gone once the black dot is in Vero Beach. It's like you all think that the NHC path is a satellite photo.

I've had an eye pass right over me. Once the eye is gone, about 50 or more miles away, the worst is over. At worst, TS winds which won't last. I've been through several of these. Have you?

Flight gets into West Palm on Friday, 11 p.m. Anyone here think I should change that?

would try changing it to Ft Laud or MIA if you can that way the plane can come in off the west coast and avoid the majority of the storm which should be by daytona/jacksonville at that time

I've had an eye pass right over me. Once the eye is gone, about 50 or more miles away, the worst is over. At worst, TS winds which won't last. I've been through several of these. Have you?

No, you're the only one, even though most of us live in Florida. You're THE guy who has experienced hurricanes.

The person was talking about driving down I-95. Even though the eye is gone, the driving conditions will still be terrible. But people here act like it's a clear spring day once the eye has passed. Have you bothered to look at the size of this thing on radar?

Advertisement
It's weird. I just called Delta, and they told me not only should I not try and change my flight, I should buy 5 more tickets, and then stock in the airline.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 25m25 minutes ago
On ACC call, Mark Richt says Canes will have 6 pm team meeting to discuss plans with players ahead of Hurricane Matthew. Tmrw's practice TBD

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 15m15 minutes ago
Richt now adds that with Miami playing at 8 on Sat, a short practice isn't out of the question Friday, esp with tmrw's practice uncertain.

Matt Baker ‏@MBakerTBTimes 2h2 hours ago
Jimbo says #FSU might wait to travel to Miami on Friday. Had been scheduled to leave Thursday night.

This motherfvcker looks like the Grim Reaper...

161005095539-matthew-skull-1-exlarge-169.jpg

Advertisement

No, you're the only one, even though most of us live in Florida. You're THE guy who has experienced hurricanes.

The person was talking about driving down I-95. Even though the eye is gone, the driving conditions will still be terrible. But people here act like it's a clear spring day once the eye has passed. Have you bothered to look at the size of this thing on radar?

Don't see anything about driving a car in those posts.

Love how you think you represent people that post here. I was responding to you, and you alone.

You still have no clue. Unless it stalls, in this type/size of hurricane, once the eye is moving away from you, in a very short time, a few hours, you're good to go.

Advertisement
From Matt Porter aka The Franchise

1 p.m. Wednesday: Though UM will close from Wednesday evening through Friday because of Hurricane Matthew, the Miami-Florida State game, as of now, is on.

Both coaches said Wednesday they are preparing to play Saturday’s game as scheduled (8 p.m., ABC). Officials are concerned about the safety of roads following a storm that is expected to hammer South Florida with wind and rain through Thursday.

Miami’s Mark Richt said players were expected to perform their normal responsibilities — such as tutoring, weight-lifting and medical treatment — by 5 p.m., when school closes. It’s unclear what the Hurricanes will do Thursday, since the storm could make travel unsafe.

“Usually when school closes you can’t use the buildings. We’ll have to find out if we can,” Richt said. Two usual inclement-weather options, the wellness center and the volleyball gym, may be needed for school-wide purposes during a storm.

Weather permitting, Richt said UM received permission to use the Dolphins’ indoor practice field in Davie on Thursday “at certain times. It’s not like all day, every day. We can get in there, it’s just a matter of do we want to get in there in the time frame, because [the Dolphins] have work to do as well.”

Miami does not have an indoor practice facility. It plans to build one by 2018.

Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher said his team, which usually travels Thursday for Saturday road games, may travel Friday instead.

Additionally, UM canceled its Friday night on-campus pep rally. The school said it will distribute 1,000 t-shirts to students who arrive earliest on Saturday.

Hotel just called and cancelled my reservations. They are closing the F down and dont know when they are reopening. Cancelled all res till Sunday.

Don't see anything about driving a car in those posts.

Love how you think you represent people that post here. I was responding to you, and you alone.

You still have no clue. Unless it stalls, in this type/size of hurricane, once the eye is moving away from you, in a very short time, a few hours, you're good to go.

Because you don't understand that posts are made in a certain context. Only responding to me just means that you missed the entire conversation. Not unexpected on today's message boards.

And after a hurricane passes through, you're not "good to go" in a few hours. What an amateur.

Advertisement
Back