State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Right now Miami Dade is expecting 2 inches of rainfall and Tropical force winds till the early Friday morning hours. Let's see what the 11am advisory brings us...

Advertisement
Oh man, I think if we get a rain game, we absolutely trash them. Please sweet baby Jesus, let this game happen.

Only a 7% chance of rain at kickoff with winds @ 8 mph...the lingering effects of the hurricane will be long gone.

someone posted about UCF earlier

apparently they're moving their game from friday TO Saturday

if Tulane and UCF can play in Orlando on Saturday there's no reason we can't play FSU in Miami on Saturday.

I think we're gonna be good unless the track verifies all the way on the edge of the cone and it plows right into dade/broward.

Oh man, I think if we get a rain game, we absolutely trash them. Please sweet baby Jesus, let this game happen.

Only a 7% chance of rain at kickoff with winds @ 8 mph...the lingering effects of the hurricane will be long gone.

I can dream.... hehe. Frenchie would not handle the noise, pressure, AND a wet football very well.

Advertisement

if Tulane and UCF can play in Orlando on Saturday there's no reason we can't play FSU in Miami on Saturday.

I think they rescheduled to Sat Nov 5th, not this sat

I think they rescheduled to Sat Nov 5th, not this sat

Reynolds only

"blah blah have agreed to postpone the football game scheduled for Friday until Saturday."

No mention of 11/5 so sorry if I ****ed that up :(

IMG_0854.jpg

All I'm saying is this looks like a good omen for us.

Winds increased from 115 to 120 MPH and movement changed from NNW at 10 MPH to NW at 12 MPH

Not a drastic change, but it does seem to be picking up speed- not to say that this will affect us any differently than before because we are still largely outside of the cone

Advertisement
I think we're gonna be good unless the track verifies all the way on the edge of the cone and it plows right into dade/broward.

Unless there is a major shift to the west, we're looking at Tropical storm force winds in Dade and Category 1 winds in Broward. Most infrastructure here is built to withstand much stronger storms. Obviously, you'd prefer the storm track way to the east but even if it doesn't the probable conditions for Dade and Broward aren't very serious. It's not like there's going to be any massive damage beyond a few broken trees and some downed power lines. Katrina tracked straight across south Florida as a Category 1 storm and there was very little impact. I don't think I even lost power in Fort Lauderdale.

the benefit going for dade county is they are on the "good" side of the storm. the west side of the storm has less wind and rain compared to the east side.

if the storm makes that slight turn they are expecting Miami shouldnt feel any ill wills from this storm. nothing more than a regular bad thunderstorm for them.

View attachment 39319

Shifted further east. Looks bad up the coast towards Vero and Brevard.

This btch is doing everything in its power to have an impact on us lol... Moving west, slowing down so it won't arrive in SoFla till Friday... I still think we get the game in. The latest models only had one projection touching land in Florida, I believe, but this is frustrating as heck.

Advertisement
View attachment 39319

Shifted further east. Looks bad up the coast towards Vero and Brevard.

This btch is doing everything in its power to have an impact on us lol... Moving west, slowing down so it won't arrive in SoFla till Friday... I still think we get the game in. The latest models only had one projection touching land in Florida, I believe, but this is frustrating as heck.

Friday morning it will be in central florida

Advertisement
As of Wednesday morning, both the Miami Hurricanes and Dolphins plan on hosting their games at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.

If there is talk about moving the Dolphins game on Sunday, rest assured there is talk about postponing the Miami-FSU game if only because of travel concerns for the Seminoles and their fans — many of whom would be driving south in what is expected to be rough conditions.

Read more here: South Florida schools, teams deal with Hurricane Matthew | Miami Herald
Their fans? Their fcking fans?? We're thinking about cancelling the biggest game here in years because FSU fans might have trouble driving here? Get that fcking **** out of my face!

I've said 100 times. Those ****s can drive down the west coast with no ****ing issues. **** them and that ****ty team just trying to buy time to get healthier. Play the ****ing game. This **** will be gone Friday afternoon and will only bring rain and wind of up to 60 mph

They can't postpone the game beyond this weekend so they will have to figure out a way to get down here whether the game is played on Saturday or Monday. If it is isn't played this weekend then it isn't getting played at all. I can't see that happening.

anyone think switching my flight to ft myers for thurs or fri would make a difference? or will flights coming from the north to ft myers be cancelled as well?

Advertisement
Back