State Income Tax

Advertisement
Boo hoo. You want to infract me for standing up for my beautiful city, Miami, go on ahead. I’ll take that one with pride.
He’s been saying that about Miami on a Miami message board for years and I never liked it either. It’s definitely baiting and you lightly insulted him but you guys seem to have moved on so I’d prefer that.

And UT is going to clean up for exactly that reason.

No, no they’re not. Lol.

Sark is a good recruiter & he’ll most likely, like all 1st yr coaches, get a recruiting bump, but it won’t be from this NIL. If UT remains an 7-9 win team, I promise u they’ll still bleed their backyard to OU, Bama, A&M, ****, maybe even us if we get our act together.

This is embarrassingly incorrect. Miami, Florida is generally a cesspool. People who live and thrive in the south don't seem to be trying to get into Miami.

I met a dude, literally, last week. We converse & all that, and I ask where bro was from. He said Tampa. So of course I asked who’s his college team, in which he said he doesn’t really follow sports, but since he’s an alum from USF, he follows them.

Aight, ffwd; of course, I rep my Canes & share stories on how I became a Canes fan & trips to Florida when I was younger through my college yrs. Dude allows me to live in nostalgia a bit, then goes, verbatim, “Yeah, I lived in Miami for 3 yrs; didn’t like it. Too divided. It’s not all what it’s cracked up to be…it’s South Beach which is phony af, and poverty. That’s it, no in between.”

Basically bro was saying the limelight that’s advertised w/ the fancy cars & beach front homes is more fantasy than everyday life for the common guy.

Advertisement
No, no they’re not. Lol.

Sark is a good recruiter & he’ll most likely, like all 1st yr coaches, get a recruiting bump, but it won’t be from this NIL. If UT remains an 7-9 win team, I promise u they’ll still bleed their backyard to OU, Bama, A&M, ****, maybe even us if we get our act together.
Agreed. Texas has had every advantage under the sun for decades, money, boosters, facilities, and they haven't done squat with it. If they do win, it won't have anything to do with the NIL

Kids go to Tuscaloosa for the Dodge Chargers and the BAGS, and that’s it. That’s how they built that program up.

Very, very few people on this planet would choose to live in the rural South over Miami Florida all else being equal.
Wrong, i was born & raised in Miami, lived in 33156, Palmetto.
Got out after H Andrew. Glad i did.
Unless you've been to Northern Alabama, there's no comparison, much nicer than the cess pool Miami has become..

Agreed. Texas has had every advantage under the sun for decades, money, boosters, facilities, and they haven't done squat with it. If they do win, it won't have anything to do with the NIL

To boot, last checked, they also had the biggest sponsorship deal in the nation w/ Nike.

UT has had the clear advantage, from a resource & financial standpoint. Just like we’ve done less w/ more over a 15 yr period, so have these guys. They’ve had a bigger advantage than us in so many ways, actually….and kids r still flying the coop. The NIL ain’t stopping that, UNLESS they start winning.

The NIL is a victory for, wait for it, THE COLLEGE ATHLETE, not for schools. The only schools who stand to benefit r the ones who r winning b/c now they can say, “hey come here, win, get drafted, and while here, ur exposure will garnish u even more opportunities to brand urself.”

Wrong, i was born & raised in Miami, lived in 33156, Palmetto.
Got out after H Andrew. Glad i did.
Unless you've been to Northern Alabama, there's no comparison, much nicer than the cess pool Miami has become..
I was in Huntsville in the late 90’s and thought it was a dump back then. I’m sure it’s changed but still… Everyone likes something different. Not everyone likes the city and same goes for the country areas.

Advertisement
How self-centered do you have to be to think that YOUR town is where everyone secretly wants to live.
How oblivious do you have to be to lurk on a Miami board caping for the Souf and SEC Kkkultute and then get rustled when people call you out on it?

The Birmingham/Tuscaloosy Bord of Turism & Catfish Noodlin' Society salutes your efforts though.

How oblivious do you have to be to lurk on a Miami board caping for the Souf and SEC Kkkultute and then get rustled when people call you out on it?

Sometimes the truth is hard to take. Players haven't been crawling over each other trying to move to big cities, Miami included. That is extremely relevant to this topic. Turning that into a personal attack just reveals someone's character.

Sometimes the truth is hard to take. Players haven't been crawling over each other trying to move to big cities, Miami included. That is extremely relevant to this topic. Turning that into a personal attack just reveals someone's character.
Spreading SEC propaganda reveals one's motives. Shall we bow down to massive girth of the Birmingham TV market again?

Spreading SEC propaganda reveals one's motives. Shall we bow down to massive girth of the Birmingham TV market again?

You can dismiss it all you want. Auburn's market is even smaller. But the Alabama-Auburn game drew 6.6 million viewers at 3:30 pm. FSU-Miami in prime time drew 2.95 million. There are a whole lot of TV's in Miami, but not many of them are tuned into college football.

Advertisement
Learn about MSA’s and you’ll be a wiser man

Do u mean Metropolitan Statistical Area? If so, I’m well aware. U must not know what business I’m in.

My comment regarding the state of TX & two of biggest media markets compared to Miami holds true. The Miami market is Miami - Ft Lauderdale.

I was in Huntsville in the late 90’s and thought it was a dump back then. I’m sure it’s changed but still… Everyone likes something different. Not everyone likes the city and same goes for the country areas.

I totally agree. I lived in Miami for 6 years and LA for over 20. Both have their advantages and disadvantages . Miami and LA are cool but playing football in a college town has benefits you cant get in a big city.

Advertisement
Do u mean Metropolitan Statistical Area? If so, I’m well aware. U must not know what business I’m in.

My comment regarding the state of TX & two of biggest media markets compared to Miami holds true. The Miami market is Miami - Ft Lauderdale.

The MSA is NOT outside the top 10

This thread is riding off the rails, but to make a long story short: no state income tax is a plus for us, NIL should be a net positive for us, some kids love the idea of Miami while others are better suited to a city in a different region or a college-focused town.

Lots of generalities getting thrown around on this thread.

Advertisement
Back