State Income Tax

Advertisement
LOL you want to live in Tuscaloosa and get paid under the table in bitcoins like a **** crack dealer, or you want to live on South Beach and get paid in beautiful, crisp dollars like a baller.

Tough decision lol.
South Beach is a **** hole. I personally like living in cities. But this CIS narrative that no kids want to go to a college town and the only place to go to school is Miami, Atlanta or LA has been proven false for decades.

South Beach is a **** hole. I personally like living in cities. But this CIS narrative that no kids want to go to a college town and the only place to go to school is Miami, Atlanta or LA has been proven false for decades.

Kids go to Tuscaloosa for the Dodge Chargers and the BAGS, and that’s it. That’s how they built that program up.

Very, very few people on this planet would choose to live in the rural South over Miami Florida all else being equal.

TX also has no state tax, just a FYI; and, they also have 2 of the top 7 biggest media markets (Miami is outside the top 10). It’s cheaper to live there while they boast the 4th highest concentrated billionaires in the nation (right behind Florida).

UT has a huge donor base, uber business opportunities, etc etc etc. Why wouldn’t they be the most attractive to a recruit based upon this logic?

Some of ya’ll r overthinking this. Kids r going to go where they are going to go. They r still going to go where they can ball & make the league. The NIL is another recruiting pitch, but I can almost guarantee u this put a little dent in the recruiting landscapes b/c everyone is going to get paid. It’s still all about winning & getting guys drafted. If we're relying on the NIL to level the playing field, God bless u all. Just win baby. That’s all we gotta do.

TX also has no state tax, just a FYI; and, they also have 2 of the top 7 biggest media markets (Miami is outside the top 10). It’s cheaper to live there while they boast the 4th highest concentrated billionaires in the nation (right behind Florida).

UT has a huge donor base, uber business opportunities, etc etc etc. Why wouldn’t they be the most attractive to a recruit based upon this logic?

Some of ya’ll r overthinking this. Kids r going to go where they are going to go. They r still going to go where they can ball & make the league. The NIL is another recruiting pitch, but I can almost guarantee u this put a little dent in the recruiting landscapes b/c everyone is going to get paid. It’s still all about winning & getting guys drafted. If we're relying on the NIL to level the playing field, God bless u all. Just win baby. That’s all we gotta do.
Precisely. Dudes all over the country are getting their money now. Big city, small city, it doesn't matter. If we continue to give up a thousand points to teams like UNC, that will be a more important factor than this delusion that our players are going to be rolling up to South Beach in a limo with a car full of hoes.

Advertisement
This is embarrassingly incorrect. Miami, Florida is generally a cesspool. People who live and thrive in the south don't seem to be trying to get into Miami.

Guess I ****ed off some rednecks with that comment.

Look here, farmer boy….there’s a reason Miami is an international destination, and why people travel from every corner of the earth just to party there.

Nobody is going on vacation to visit Cowlick Georgia, and there’s a **** good reason for that. Most people have better things to do than sit in the back of a pickup truck listening to Kenny Chesney on a Saturday night

And UT is going to clean up for exactly that reason.

Guess I ****ed off some rednecks with that comment.

Look here, farmer boy….there’s a reason Miami is an international destination, and why people travel from every corner of the earth just to party there.

Nobody is going on vacation to visit Cowlick Georgia, and there’s a **** good reason for that. Most people have better things to do than sit in the back of a pickup truck listening to Kenny Chesney on a Saturday night

So now it's personal. Pathetic, but expected.

Who cares where people want to go on vacation? If we're going to get back to being in the football elite, it's not going to be with guys who want to spend all their time partying on South Beach. You can make fun of trucks and country music and farms, but football players don't seem to mind it since they win and go on to the NFL.

How self-centered do you have to be to think that YOUR town is where everyone secretly wants to live.

Advertisement
So now it's personal. Pathetic, but expected.

Who cares where people want to go on vacation? If we're going to get back to being in the football elite, it's not going to be with guys who want to spend all their time partying on South Beach. You can make fun of trucks and country music and farms, but football players don't seem to mind it since they win and go on to the NFL.

They go to the SEC because the SEC offers BAGS. That was my original point.

They go for the money, not the scenery

Advertisement
But I didn't insult you. I have no problem with you. Unless you founded Miami my post wasn't an attack.

Fair enough. And if I say the only thing there is to do in Buttcrack Mississippi is kiss your cousins and **** farm animals, that’s not a personal attack on you either.

Unless you invented farm animals

Advertisement
Fair enough. And if I say the only thing there is to do in Buttcrack Mississippi is kiss your cousins and **** farm animals, that’s not a personal attack on you either.

Unless you invented farm animals
Well, you did call me a redneck and a farmer, both of which are patently false.

Advertisement
Back