Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Carolina
Alabama
Ohio
Louisiana
California

all have state income tax. We have a competitive advantage for kids trying to maximize NIL money
Hmmmmmm that’s interesting I can’t believe that hasn’t crossed my mind. Hopefully that is part of the recruiting pitch with NIL now in effect

South Carolina
Alabama
Ohio
Louisiana
California

all have state income tax. We have a competitive advantage for kids trying to maximize NIL money
It sure helps. I'm not so sure how big it will be. I see it mostly as a leveling of an already tilted playing field. Maybe a tax guy could better answer this.

Are these guys getting paid W-2 as employees by sponsors? If they're using their NIL then they'll most likely be setting up LLCs of some kind around their likeness where they can deduct everything from the lease payments on their cars to meals out as business expenses etc. I could be totally wrong though.

I think at the end of the day it' the teams with the boosters who have the deepest pockets who will benefit most. However, that doesn't translate into wins ie: UT Austin... all the money in the world (far more than Alabama and a better recruiting base) hasn't meant much in regards to wins for the past decade plus.

Advertisement
Professional athletes with agents signing muli million dollar deals seem to ignore state income tax.

First, around 50% of their salary income is taxed by other states (where they play/earn).
Second, they don't have to live in the team's state in the off-season giving them residence in any state they pick for endorsement deal income. Pretty sure bonuses also would fall into the state of residence but I'm not a tax lawyer.

These kids are 100% stuck living in the college's state unless near a border thus they will be paying that state's income tax.

Advertisement
1625253063902.png

Add this to the list of why Miami talent should stay in the 305.

if it isn't already happening...

I'm sure plenty of boosters will be setting up anonymous wallets and transferring BTC or ETH into kids accounts.

LOL you want to live in Tuscaloosa and get paid under the table in bitcoins like a **** crack dealer, or you want to live on South Beach and get paid in beautiful, crisp dollars like a baller.

Tough decision lol.

Advertisement
Back