Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
I can deal with it....

#1 he needs to get this offense in the top 50 next year
#2 he needs to recruit some QBs because that room will be bare with perry/cade suspensions, and if Jarren listens to his dad and leaves
#3 he needs to get us started with a nice Texas pipeline

Advertisement
I think this is forgotten that if we even had a middle of the road offense in the top 50 we win 10 games easily and cruise to the ACCCG and you never know with how well Willis was playing if he Joe Jack and Garvin could have rattled that young Clemson QB
Other then LSU which was maybe the worst punting/qb game in our history we lost by a total I think of 30. 30 a game and we're 12-0 so its about getting us back to respectability but if we get more we should be a top 10 team

Have you actually watched the Buffalo kid's tape?
Actually watched a few of his games before he was even in the transfer portal.

I'm a fan. Applewhite/ Herman/ and Briles' offense is for dummies and doesn't rely on accuracy. Sure it helps, but it's not an absolute. This is how Applewhite was able to run a competent offense w a WR taking snaps.

Advertisement
We’ll have more talent then applewhite has ever had by a MILE if/when he gets here. Stable of rb’s, Receivers with amazing potential, & possibly the best TE in America. He made WR Greg Ward into a pretty formidable QB. He’ll be able to do the same with any of the 3 we have or Tyree Jackson. I’m fine with applewhite. Not blown away but it’s certainly an upgrade & he is without question still hungry.

Advertisement
I trust Manny's opinion of the OC more than my own so if he wants to ride with Applewhite I'm fine with that. That said, I think Fedora was his main target and this is a bit of a letdown.

Advertisement
Applewhite had so many job offers, he took the job within the first five seconds of the phone call. Another panicky hire. The board will celebrate because it's not Richt. Didn't know being better than 90th in offense is the program's goal.

There's dozens & dozens of Uptempo Spread play callers in college football, why is Applewhite the only one we're considering? And does anybody else find it weird that NO other team is even talking to Applewhite?...

Not trying to bhitch & complain, I really like the hire of Blake Baker as DC, like Hester as the potential S&C as well, I even like some of the names being throw out for RB & WR coach from a recruiting standpoint, I just don't get this Applewhite thing.

I'm willing to give it a chance & see how it works out, but there's some real skepticism on my part with Apple. And you don't have to propagandize me with spin, I know he called plays under Herman but that doesn't convince me. They booted his *** outta there as soon as they could, that's a red flag imo.

Hopefully he does a great job here though.
Like Fedora, he's a failed HC.

Thankfully we're not asking him to be a HC.

Advertisement
@Jedi Master Cane

U about to lose it bruh lol

Brother...as soon as I heard there was a second name, I fully assumed it would be the second name.

I've resigned myself to this. Nothing that can be done. He's not who I wanted but for now, I'll give him a chance.

The good thing here is I fully get the impression Manny is the kind of coach that will show zero hesitation firing his *** if he doesn't produce right away.

C+ hire.

Interview more candidates.

B-.....Only on the CIS board are their better candidates that are AVAILABLE. You guys assume Bill Brendanbaugh or whatever the **** his name is from OU that yall have a hard on for even wants to leave OU. You guys have this fantasy and start throwing out random OC names like these people have interest.

I want a competent OC that can score 30+ ppg which is all we need with this defense, that wants to be here and has something to prove. I don't want an OC that thinks he is doing us a favor by being here and has one foot out the door after every win and is lazy and doesn't want to do ****..because remember, hes doing us a favor... Been there done that with Coach Kool and Bill Young and Mark Whipple and all the rest of their kind... No Thanks. I wanted Fedora but I applaud him for not taking the job knowing it wasn't what he really wanted.

Give me Applewhite before we F around and lose him and are stuck with some bum that we never heard of. Or worse........................................Coley.

Advertisement
Back