Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Well, Manny said he had a third candidate, and we have no idea who that is. I have to assume it's because it's someone that currently has a job.

Now, who could that be?
Maybe Sark? Although I think he was employed when the search started. I would take him over Johnny Appleseed

Advertisement
So...

We have a first year HC and our coordinators are Blake Baker and Major Applewhite.

I don't think this is going to end how you think this is going to end.
You are saying first year coach, we just come off from having a senile coach who was showing an onset of Alzheimer’s probably. Richt made a litany dumb decisions in games and the way he operated the offense like chewing the clock when we were down and all that bullsh*t was far worse than first year head coach tactics...

Same defensive scheme but a much MUCH more explosive offense. let’s be real Diaz is going to be very involved in the gameplanning,

You are saying first year coach, we just come off from having a senile coach who was showing an onset of Alzheimer’s probably. Richt made a litany dumb decisions in games and the way he operated the offense like chewing the clock when we were down and all that bullsh*t was fare worse than first year head coach tactics...

Same defense but a much MUCH more explosive offense. let’s be real Diaz is going to be very involved in the gameplanning,

What does Diaz know about building an offensive game plan? The goal isn't to be better than one of the ****tiest offenses in the country. The goal should be a top 25 offense.

4ECF08BC-4D0B-4BA8-B3BA-CF570C07A0FB.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does Diaz know about building an offensive game plan? The goal; isn't to be better than one of the ****tiest offenses in the country. The goal should be a top 25 offense.
I’m talking about the defense behind Blake baker. Applewhite if he indeed is the candidate will handle the offense . I dont Think people realize how bad our offense was. There were highschool offenses more complex than ours

Last edited:
There's dozens & dozens of Uptempo Spread play callers in college football, why is Applewhite the only one we're considering? And does anybody else find it weird that NO other team is even talking to Applewhite?...

Not trying to bhitch & complain, I really like the hire of Blake Baker as DC, like Hester as the potential S&C as well, I even like some of the names being throw out for RB & WR coach from a recruiting standpoint, I just don't get this Applewhite thing.

I'm willing to give it a chance & see how it works out, but there's some real skepticism on my part with Apple. And you don't have to propagandize me with spin, I know he called plays under Herman but that doesn't convince me. They booted his *** outta there as soon as they could, that's a red flag imo.

Hopefully he does a great job here though.

100% on that. At this point I'm only waiting to hear about the position coaches before I lose all hope. If they're recruiters like Seider and Taylor, then it can work. But if they're all up and comers from conference USA or his homeboys, we're fcked.

Applewhite hired no D AND paul williams. And we're supposed to trust him in filling out the offensive staff? I keep bringing those two hires up because there was NO WAY no D had a ringing endorsement from ANYONE or a good resume. He was working at boys and girls club for fcks sake. But dude hired him anyway. And 1 minute and 17 uhhs and umms into Williams interview should've been enough for a thanks but no fcking way. But he hired him anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we had a top 30/40 offense we would more then likely been 10-2 this year .
But I’m not aiming for 10-2/11-1/12-1. I’m aiming for 13-0 with a playoff berth and unless Major took the time to learn from Tom/Briles and implemented formations, motions, etc from them to revamp that O then I don’t think he’s the guy that’ll put us over on Clemson, Ohio State, Clemson, etc.

I'm good with Applewhite. Plus, Manny has already shown he'll kick your *** to the curb. Frankly who really knows what he would come up with himself? He's called Herman's offense but it wasn't his. And he had no hand in what Briles did. But he's familiar with both and both are elite. If Manny believes he's innovative and believes in what Applewhite is selling - let's ride.

Advertisement
Back