Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
I don't get it either. Sounds like we've reached out to two people and only put together a list of 3 names. This search is way too small.

The 3rd guy is a question mark, if im not mistaken, coach coley is 4th on the list. It was fedora, apple, 3rd guy and than coley. The treating coley like them guys who got next in basketball, when somebody comes up and ask, "who got next" somebody says me, than they ask "you got your 5" than the guy who said he had next says yeah, but the new guy looking around counting and its only 4 people waiting and he trying to figure out who the 5th one is, til he sees or figures out the guy who got next waiting to pick somebody from whatever team that loses, that might be how coach coley getting tried.

Advertisement
B-.....Only on the CIS board are their better candidates that are AVAILABLE. You guys assume Bill Brendanbaugh or whatever the **** his name is from OU that yall have a hard on for even wants to leave OU. You guys have this fantasy and start throwing out random OC names like these people have interest.

I want a competent OC that can score 30+ ppg which is all we need with this defense, that wants to be here and has something to prove. I don't want an OC that thinks he is doing us a favor by being here and has one foot out the door after every win and is lazy and doesn't want to do ****..because remember, hes doing us a favor... Been there done that with Coach Kool and Bill Young and Mark Whipple and all the rest of their kind... No Thanks. I wanted Fedora but I applaud him for not taking the job knowing it wasn't what he really wanted.

Give me Applewhite before we F around and lose him and are stuck with some bum that we never heard of. Or worse........................................Coley.

PREACH !

I can deal with it....

#1 he needs to get this offense in the top 50 next year
#2 he needs to recruit some QBs because that room will be bare with perry/cade suspensions, and if Jarren listens to his dad and leaves
#3 he needs to get us started with a nice Texas pipeline

Does Applewhite have that kinda clout in Tx?

Advertisement
**** it..

Let's ride. Welcome to The U Coach.

I know he has the FSU game already circled. Dude definitely gonna try and show up Briles for that egg he laid in the Bowl game.

Advertisement
Only issue I have is that our O looks like it’ll never be elite. Top 30/40 offense but never top 10-15. Like I said High floor/low potential...
If we had a top 30/40 offense we would more then likely been 10-2 this year .

Why does it have to be one or the other though? They need to expand their search. There are other good and better OCs than Applewhite.

Well, Manny said he had a third candidate, and we have no idea who that is. I have to assume it's because it's someone that currently has a job.

Now, who could that be?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now the attention turns to the rest of the offensive staff, where the importance of landing our top choices cannot be downplayed.

Can we land an OL technician who can make the most of our current roster? Do we land a proven recruiting savant like Seider or will we resort to the uninspiring, ill-advised decision to hire a Sed Irvin type from the high school ranks? Can we snag another top-tier recruiter to join Seider at WR coach, or do we end up with someone who's nothing more than a familiar name with UM ties?

It's imperative that we hit on our top targets to round out this staff. We desperately need the recruiting juice.

Advertisement
Back