Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Would we rather have Coley or Applewhite? From a play calling standpoint, I think I'd rather have Applewhite. From a recruiting standpoint, 100% Coley. Either way nothing will be worse than what CMR gave us in 2018.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would we rather have Coley or Applewhite? From a play calling standpoint, I think I'd rather have Applewhite. From a recruiting standpoint, 100% Coley. Either way nothing will be worse than what CMR gave us in 2018.
Facts, the thing is applewhite is overwhelming better as a playcaller than coley.

Applewhite in 2015 had their offense top 5 in the country on 3rd down conversion while coley was ranked in the 100s

Why does it have to be one or the other though? They need to expand their search. There are other good and better OCs than Applewhite.
I don't get it either. Sounds like we've reached out to two people and only put together a list of 3 names. This search is way too small.

Advertisement
Applewhite isn't perfect but he's coached with 2 great offensive minds and with the talent here those offenses would kill it here. Now will he bring it? Put it like this Manny doesn't play games and they have a relationship so it's clear he wants the right offense snd unless Applewhite wants people to see him as a fraud he'll run the right scheme

It’s not settling if we don’t get fedora, we still will more than likely get a top 2 target all along in applewhite. Same thing happened when a lot of people wanted aranda a while back but then Diaz gets hired and he performed better than most Miami fans expected he would .

Advertisement
Only issue I have is that our O looks like it’ll never be elite. Top 30/40 offense but never top 10-15. Like I said High floor/low potential...
That's my take as well. I see us Top 30 ish w Applewhite. A substantial improvement, but not elite unless hes got some new tricks.

Just so everybody knows, this also means that we got our QB coach in Applewhite as well. Don’t think ever been an OC without being the QB coach.

Advertisement
The major problem with this team is O line. Either the players arent being put in a good position to succeed or they flat out suck. lets hope they can be coached up and schemed properly to succeed.

This will be the slurpers excuse when Applewhite doesnt coach us into top 25.

I'll let Manny know @Dilber doesn't approve of this hiring because his friend said he runs the offense like a caveman

oh no, how dare I give an opinion based off the people that had to watch him a lot, and hope that he's learned from other coaches since. I guess Houston fans should have ignored the hiring of D'nofrio because we said his defense was ****.

That's my take as well. I see us Top 30 ish w Applewhite. A substantial improvement, but not elite unless hes got some new tricks.
If we had a top 30 offense which would mean all the things that come along with that(houston was top 5 in the country in 3rd down conversions) Miami would have easily been in the acc championship game and a 1 or 2 loss team at worst right now this last season

Advertisement
Back