Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article
Richt panicked because of the early signing period
If they own dc won’t hire them in that same capacity then that tells you all you need to know about how disastrous that situation could have been next season. Richt retiring was the absolute best thing that could have happen for the program after that bowl game including this 7-6 season which allowed for us to get rid of richt and that offense. He was just out of touch with a lot of things period

Advertisement
That was one of my main reasons wanting him, he's got crootin' down to a science lol

But I like Kurt Hester too, he's got great experience as a Strength coach & trained some really high profile NFL players.

What I like is that there are two legit names being floated. That sends the message to both those guys that there is competition for a position that they might want, so they don’t have all the leverage.

La tech had a decent D based on the stats and scores, one kid
had like 27 tfl’s not bad, can’t front like I’ve seen them play tho

One of their d-linemen, Jaylon Ferguson, set the FBS career record for most career sacks after his performance in their bowl game vs Hawaii. I was able to catch that game and they were very solid defensively. But that is a one game sample size so not much to go off of.

Advertisement
From Stack

"Kurt Hester is the head strength and conditioning coach at Louisiana Tech. Prior to that, he served as D1’s director of training. In addition, he is an active strength and speed consultant for Florida State, Tennessee, Illinois, Ole Miss, Alabama, Nicholls State, Grambling State and Miami. Prior to D1, Hester ran and owned HS2 Athletic Performance in New Orleans, where he turned out more than 400 collegiate scholarship athletes and trained more than 50 NFL Draft picks. He also trained numerous MLB Draft picks, high school All-Americans, state championship teams and collegiate national track & field finalists. A graduate of Tulane University, Hester was inducted into the Strength Coach Hall of Fame, and he holds certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, United States Weightlifting and the Speed, Agility and Conditioning Association."

I fished the Everglades. Never saw a gator in the two days I was in it. Also didn’t see any snakes except on the road at night. Our tour guide did say snakes are the biggest issues when navigating the mangroves. We were in kayaks. For an outdoors person like Hester he could enjoy that. His daughter is grown and graduated from school so the family angle may not matter as much, but they are all down there with him in the Louisiana area.

You obviously weren’t looking very hard....I went last weekend and had a 12 footer follow me like a puppy for 3 miles before he was finally convinced he wasn’t getting any snacks

Advertisement
You obviously weren’t looking very hard....I went last weekend and had a 12 footer follow me like a puppy for 3 miles before he was finally convinced he wasn’t getting any snacks

I was more trying to catch fish but in two days I didn’t see any while fishing. So maybe 1 or two when driving those backroads. I stayed in Everglades City.

**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Mississippi State and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

**As for recruiting coordinator, I can confirm through multiple sources that offensive quality control coach David Cooney is being promoted to the position. I'm told it is a done deal.

**As for strength and conditioning coach, I've heard two names floating around as options behind the scenes. One would be Kurt Hester, the current head of S&C at Louisiana Tech. The second is Bo Davis, currently the D-Line coach for the Detroit Lions and former assistant S&C coach at LSU.
So I took a trip to Wal Mart and now I want to find my gf because we ******. A DC who gets Manny anf has his mentality as a rising dc, Cooney as yhe recruiting coordinator helping locally and a former s&c coach of LSU who's always had the speed and agility to beat anybody but the size to beat up anybody but Bama? Lawd idk how much more I can take!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bo Davis sounds good. Raiding that powerhouse of Louisiana Tech seem a little high brow. I mean the one guy was going to Temple.

I was more trying to catch fish but in two days I didn’t see any while fishing. So maybe 1 or two when driving those backroads. I stayed in Everglades City.

Ah, so you were in saltwater, yea crocks are pretty elusive unless they want you to see them....whole different ballgame with alligators though.

From Stack

"Kurt Hester is the head strength and conditioning coach at Louisiana Tech. Prior to that, he served as D1’s director of training. In addition, he is an active strength and speed consultant for Florida State, Tennessee, Illinois, Ole Miss, Alabama, Nicholls State, Grambling State and Miami. Prior to D1, Hester ran and owned HS2 Athletic Performance in New Orleans, where he turned out more than 400 collegiate scholarship athletes and trained more than 50 NFL Draft picks. He also trained numerous MLB Draft picks, high school All-Americans, state championship teams and collegiate national track & field finalists. A graduate of Tulane University, Hester was inducted into the Strength Coach Hall of Fame, and he holds certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, United States Weightlifting and the Speed, Agility and Conditioning Association."
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet *Clay Davis voice*

Hester me

Advertisement
Back