Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article
Advertisement
I fished the Everglades. Never saw a gator in the two days I was in it. Also didn’t see any snakes except on the road at night. Our tour guide did say snakes are the biggest issues when navigating the mangroves. We were in kayaks. For an outdoors person like Hester he could enjoy that. His daughter is grown and graduated from school so the family angle may not matter as much, but they are all down there with him in the Louisiana area.
I’ve never seen snakes but gators are everywhere. Take a drive across old 41 and stop literally anywhere - You’ll see them in the canals, on the side of the road, at the rest stops, etc.

I’ve never seen snakes but gators are everywhere. Take a drive across old 41 and stop literally anywhere - You’ll see them in the canals, on the side of the road, at the rest stops, etc.

That’s wild. Maybe it was because I was there around Christmas. Do they hibernate in the winter?

Advertisement
Bo Davis has not been a strength coach in 15 years. He is a DL coach. I cannot believe he is being considered for this crucial hire.

My guess is it’s Hester’s to turn down. It’s going to come down to if he wants to leave the backwoods life of Louisiana for South Flroida.

Advertisement
I know he is, I'm saying it's not his responsibility to land him, the most he can do is help. Banda has to land Stevenson it's his job, if we miss on Ty Stevenson the blame should mostly go to Banda.
Speaking of recruiting, I saw Bo Davis got a violation at Bama in 2016 and can't do any off-campus recruiting until after April 13, 2019. Once that "penalty" is over, do you think he could pay dividends in recruiting defensive linemen? It seems we should try and get this guy on staff in some role.

Bo Davis has not been a strength coach in 15 years. He is a DL coach. I cannot believe he is being considered for this crucial hire.

H 920x920.jpge must be on the same strength program as Felder.

Advertisement
If you haven't looked up Kurt Hester on youtube I highly recommend.

Theres videos of him working with Eric Berry, Tebow, etc in the offseason. Trained NFL athletes before getting that job at LA Tech. Youtube channel called Stack.

I was trying to find some of his Dawg night challanges. Are those on their? He does a lot of team building challenges and just seems to be the complete opposite of Felder. Just what Manny wants.

He is to everyone who said they didn’t trust Felder cause he was overweight (which is dumb) but Hester is an animal about lifting weights.
B38670F4-0D51-47C2-A938-35632182D689.jpeg

Advertisement
The fact that Manny is effectively taking a promotion away from his buddies (which is the right move, IMO) speaks volumes about Richt's level of motivation before he ultimately decided to retire. Dude was clearly done. He couldn't even be bothered to conduct a search.

From just about anyone that has worked for or been around Richt says he is as stand up as it gets which has led me to believe he knew he was retiring so he did not go through that process. I would say him not putting someone in place was him looking out for whoever that may have been knowing he was done.

No thanks on Bo Davis unless it is for DL coach. Hasn't been a strength coach since 2006 with the Fins and was a Assistant strength coach at that. Same thing from his stint at LSU, assistant strength coach from 2002-2005.

Advertisement
Back