Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article
I like it, I like all of it, especially the potential S&C coach. Bring in the guy with NFL experience that understands what it's like to build a pro strength program, that's exactly what we need. Bo Davis coached with Saban at LSU 02-05, Bama from 07-10 & 2014, he even went with Saban to the Dolphins, he was also with Diaz at Texas for 2 years.

Cooney was OC at Southridge & Gables, plus coached the Florida Fire 7v7 Dade squad, I know everyone likes to point fingers rather than hold the people whose job it is accountable, but Cooney is actually very good in recruiting.

Before he was just a QC guy which means he couldn't do any off campus recruiting, now with a promotion he'll have the ability to do a lot more & have more influence in getting prospects to Miami. And no, he's not responsible for getting Stevenson, that's Banda's job.

Advertisement
I told y’all Hester might be the Strength Coach. Only hold up would be he is a country boy and not sure how he fits in Miami. His family is all down in Louisiana and dude likes to hunt. As a strength coach though, he would be a great hire and much different from Big Gus. Heater is a psycho and does a lot of out do the box training.

He can come on down then and hunt pythons........and gators...heehee

What the f*ck is Manny's defense? You guys kill me with that. Manny didn't run anything unique.

A lot of people here don’t get football.

Manny would tell you himself probably he doesn’t run anything earth shattering.

Simplicity is the key, for the most part. What kills people like fat DNo is trying to be cute to prove their genius.

Advertisement
UMheads051618_031.jpg

RECRUITING COORDINATOR
JARROD KILBURN

I guess this is who Cooney is replacing.
Just found the person responsible for our misses in 2018! stone him!

I like it, I like all of it, especially the potential S&C coach. Bring in the guy with NFL experience that understands what it's like to build a pro strength program, that's exactly what we need. Bo Davis coached with Saban at LSU 02-05, Bama from 07-10 & 2014, he even went with Saban to the Dolphins, he was also with Diaz at Texas for 2 years.

Cooney was OC at Southridge & Gables, plus coached the Florida Fire 7v7 Dade squad, I know everyone likes to point fingers rather than hold the people whose job it is accountable, but Cooney is actually very good in recruiting.

Before he was just a QC guy which means he couldn't do any off campus recruiting, now with a promotion he'll have the ability to do a lot more & have more influence in getting prospects to Miami. And no, he's not responsible for getting Stevenson, that's Banda's job.
Do you kow anything about these rumours circulating that Cooney ****ed off a lot of parents?

Advertisement

Cooney's very involved with Stevenson

Advertisement
would be curious as to why a position coach in the NFL would leave to be an S&C in college
He's already been a Strength coach for most of his career, he started our with Saban at LSU as a S&C coach, and was a S&C coach with the Phins when Saban was there, he got elevated to DL coach at Bama from 07-10. He also worked with Diaz at Texas from 2011-13, that's why he might be interested.

A lot of people here don’t get football.

Manny would tell you himself probably he doesn’t run anything earth shattering.

Simplicity is the key, for the most part. What kills peop,e like fat DNo is trying to be cute to prove their genius.

Absolutely. Same clown screaming spread. Not realizing that miami spent a lot of time in spread under numbnuts. It was just a bad spread. Manny wants to bring somebody that is going to run a great offense.

Advertisement
would be curious as to why a position coach in the NFL would leave to be an S&C in college
He was in exile there. Was DL coach at Bama and in April 2017 received a two year show cause letter from NCAA for violations.

Yeah this was his first year in the position right? Really crapped the bed. What is Doherty doing?

I don't think that role is really what it used to be. I think guys like Doherty etc. function as the guys running the board so to speak.

Atta boy, Manny. Keep making the good personnel moves. The only retainee I'm a bit on the fence about is Rumph, but I can live with his decision. The rest, I am ecstatic they are gone.

Manny gets it. Hire a good staff! You want the guys who will make you look good. Not the guys who you will make look good.

I wasn't sold on Richt's Banda/Patke DC arrangement so glad to hear that he nixed that. Now just get me a strong DC, OC, QB Coach and S&C guy.

Advertisement
Back