Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article
UMheads051618_031.jpg

RECRUITING COORDINATOR
JARROD KILBURN

I guess this is who Cooney is replacing.

Advertisement
Who is the recruiting coordinator now? Beaz? Who’s losing their job?
Our recruiting coordinator is jarrod kilburn

Baez
Director of player development/football operations

Matt Doherty
Director of player personnel

Advertisement
Advertisement
I told y’all Hester might be the Strength Coach. Only hold up would be he is a country boy and not cute how he fits in Miami. His family is all down in Louisiana and dude likes to hunt. As a strength coach though, he would be a great hire and much different from Big Gus. Heater is a psycho and does a lot of out do the box training.

Is this who you refer to as "The Heater?"kurt-hester-d1.jpg

... dude likes to hunt????

Send him to the Everglades... plenty of gators and ... Burmese pythons

I fished the Everglades. Never saw a gator in the two days I was in it. Also didn’t see any snakes except on the road at night. Our tour guide did say snakes are the biggest issues when navigating the mangroves. We were in kayaks. For an outdoors person like Hester he could enjoy that. His daughter is grown and graduated from school so the family angle may not matter as much, but they are all down there with him in the Louisiana area.

Advertisement
**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Mississippi State and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

**As for recruiting coordinator, I can confirm through multiple sources that offensive quality control coach David Cooney is being promoted to the position. I'm told it is a done deal.

**As for strength and conditioning coach, I've heard two names floating around as options behind the scenes. One would be Kurt Hester, the current head of S&C at Louisiana Tech. The second is Bo Davis, currently the D-Line coach for the Detroit Lions and former assistant S&C coach at LSU.

Gotta say, it’s nice to have some real reporting here.

This stuff is why I log into this site.

Thanks a million.

Advertisement
Anyone with extensive S&C knowledge have any insight on those 2 names? They both sound promising
Kurt Hester is a fun dude. Kinda old but energetic and does a solid job. Bo Davis is more of a D-Line coach to me which is what he has done for the last 12 years.

Advertisement
Back