Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just found the person responsible for our misses in 2018! stone him!

Please tell me this is actually who we had as recruiting coordinator? A soul-less ginger who looks way too happy for a person with his hair on fire?

If true this makes me feel a heck of a lot better about our recruiting moving forward.

I like it, I like all of it, especially the potential S&C coach. Bring in the guy with NFL experience that understands what it's like to build a pro strength program, that's exactly what we need. Bo Davis coached with Saban at LSU 02-05, Bama from 07-10 & 2014, he even went with Saban to the Dolphins, he was also with Diaz at Texas for 2 years.

Cooney was OC at Southridge & Gables, plus coached the Florida Fire 7v7 Dade squad, I know everyone likes to point fingers rather than hold the people whose job it is accountable, but Cooney is actually very good in recruiting.

Before he was just a QC guy which means he couldn't do any off campus recruiting, now with a promotion he'll have the ability to do a lot more & have more influence in getting prospects to Miami. And no, he's not responsible for getting Stevenson, that's Banda's job.
Didn’t Cooney cause a lot of issues with parents and coaches?

People around here clown dude but he helps a lot in recruiting. He gets us in the door a lot of time just on his reputation.

Very highly respected dude in sfla.

Advertisement
People around here clown dude but he helps a lot in recruiting. He gets us in the door a lot of fine just on his reputation.

Very highly respected duke in sfla.
Only problem that I could Possibly see is having an influence with the receiver rotation but that’s about it. Ok cool get him off of that role and put him in an elevated recruiting role which he seems better at

why not make fedora double as the SC coach
that dude is more jacked than DJ dallas

a 56 year old man that jacked has to be embracing the roid game

Advertisement
**Earlier today, Manny Diaz referred to an additional hire coming on the defense. I'm told Miami is set on making that hire a defensive coordinator, which would move Jon Patke (outside linebackers) and Ephraim Banda (safeties) back to their prior roles on the staff. I can confirm the top target right now is Blake Baker, the current defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Diaz worked with Baker at Mississippi State and I'm told Baker was set to follow Diaz to Temple to be co-DC's with Fran Brown, with Baker in the playcalling role.

**As for recruiting coordinator, I can confirm through multiple sources that offensive quality control coach David Cooney is being promoted to the position. I'm told it is a done deal.

**As for strength and conditioning coach, I've heard two names floating around as options behind the scenes. One would be Kurt Hester, the current head of S&C at Louisiana Tech. The second is Bo Davis, currently the D-Line coach for the Detroit Lions and former assistant S&C coach at LSU.

6B1A28CD-D3EA-4A66-94EE-4E49E15403BF.gif

Advertisement
Buddy of mine is in the S&C scene, spent time in the NFL. Goes on about how much its changed and been modernized recently. He particularly thought Felder was outdated.

IDK how I feel about a dude who was a S&C coach 13 years ago. Has he been able to keep up with the innovations in S&C coaching defensive line the last decade?

Advertisement
Back