Stadium Renovations

Stop living in denial. Kids rather play in the Swamp and Doak than in SLS. Can't blame them either.

Advertisement
Stop living in denial. Kids rather play in the Swamp and Doak than in SLS. Can't blame them either.

Choke and The Puddle have little to no reputation to most of the out of state kids I was referring to though. In fact, they're joke atmospheres in comparison to your average Big Ten venue. Just saying (and I'm no fan of our SLS situation), that we should be able to sell the "new" stadium to your average California or northeast kid just as well as UiF or FSU can sell their stadiums to out of state kids.

...I still see 50 yards on each sideline.

But obviously it's better. They aren't just spending millions so that it will look the exact same...

The stadium actually looks worse. The good thing about 2016, other than the early commit of jack allison, is that the empty orange seats somewhat blended in with the 6-8000 fans who showed up in orange shirts on saturdays.

Advertisement
You can dress this pig up all you want, it's still a pig. The seats are not much closer to the field and the reason this stadium sucks so bad can't be fixed. The seats are not close and the rows gradually slope upward as opposed to college stadiums like at Ohio State etc where there is a much more pronounced vertical rise in the rows so all the seats are closer and the fan noise can become quite loud. This stadium is a POS and the curse of Joe Robbie will live on for decades to come.

Advertisement
Very nice of them to incorporate the school colors....oh wait....nevermind.

Those empty teal or aqua or whatever color they are will sure look better than the orange. The stadium still sucks.

Very nice of them to incorporate the school colors....oh wait....nevermind.

Those empty teal or aqua or whatever color they are will sure look better than the orange. The stadium still sucks.

Our personal UM touch will come when we hang those U banners to cover the empty end zone uppers for 90% of the games.

It will be so much nicer to see empty green / teal seats than empty orange seats when I'm watching my Canes on tv.

Advertisement
This is part of UM's $500million investment in the football program. You're **** right it looks awesome!

I don't want a renovated stadium till we prove we can play in a renovated stadium

Advertisement
You don't sound like you know much about the stadium. Ever go to games?

You can dress this pig up all you want, it's still a pig. The seats are not much closer to the field and the reason this stadium sucks so bad can't be fixed. The seats are not close and the rows gradually slope upward as opposed to college stadiums like at Ohio State etc where there is a much more pronounced vertical rise in the rows so all the seats are closer and the fan noise can become quite loud. This stadium is a POS and the curse of Joe Robbie will live on for decades to come.

I am convinced no one on this board goes to games just so they can say no-one goes. When I first signed up for this board I made a few comments but quickly stopped as I realized there are not true fans on this board, just cry babies and haters.

I am convinced no one on this board goes to games just so they can say no-one goes. When I first signed up for this board I made a few comments but quickly stopped as I realized there are not true fans on this board, just cry babies and haters.

Well you told us.

Look everyone, it's a super fan that supports mediocrity

Advertisement
Back