Stadium Renovations

You don't sound like you know much about the stadium. Ever go to games?

You can dress this pig up all you want, it's still a pig. The seats are not much closer to the field and the reason this stadium sucks so bad can't be fixed. The seats are not close and the rows gradually slope upward as opposed to college stadiums like at Ohio State etc where there is a much more pronounced vertical rise in the rows so all the seats are closer and the fan noise can become quite loud. This stadium is a POS and the curse of Joe Robbie will live on for decades to come.
I am convinced no one on this board goes to games just so they can say no-one goes. When I first signed up for this board I made a few comments but quickly stopped as I realized there are not true fans on this board, just cry babies and haters.

Well you told us.

Look everyone, it's a super fan that supports mediocrity
I support the Canes, win or lose. Supporting only when they win is called bandwagoning. Coaches get themselves fired. Sitting online all day *****ing because your life sucks does nothing. But I am glad all of you found each other. It's like a ******* loser help group in here. If you have a problem with that find me AT THE GAMES and you can punch me in the face or something. Then we can slam some beers together like proper fans.

Advertisement

You can dress this pig up all you want, it's still a pig. The seats are not much closer to the field and the reason this stadium sucks so bad can't be fixed. The seats are not close and the rows gradually slope upward as opposed to college stadiums like at Ohio State etc where there is a much more pronounced vertical rise in the rows so all the seats are closer and the fan noise can become quite loud. This stadium is a POS and the curse of Joe Robbie will live on for decades to come.
I am convinced no one on this board goes to games just so they can say no-one goes. When I first signed up for this board I made a few comments but quickly stopped as I realized there are not true fans on this board, just cry babies and haters.

Well you told us.

obviously a better fan than us.

Well you told us.

Someone gets it!

Very nice of them to incorporate the school colors....oh wait....nevermind.

Those empty teal or aqua or whatever color they are will sure look better than the orange. The stadium still sucks.

Our personal UM touch will come when we hang those U banners to cover the empty end zone uppers for 90% of the games.

miami-hurricanes-banners.jpeg

You can't tell me that this is not a killer stadium!!

dolphin10950.jpg

Advertisement
What is all this "we" business when it comes to SLS??? These renovations were not meant for us...they were meant for the Dolphins and Dolphins only. SLS is still not our stadium, which is why the seats are now aqua blue (in line w/ the Dolphins team color) vs. orange. It's clear this stadium was not meant for a college atmosphere by the amenities it offers...many of which our student body won't even be able to take advantage of b/c of their age!!! Look, I get it, it's going to be a nice stadium.....for the Dolphins...but it's still going to suck for our fan base. It's still not going to be live for our mid-day games. It's still not going to feel like home.

Does the "super fan" status you have come before or after you allow AG to fist fug you ars?

Well you told us.

Someone gets it!

n-BLACK-HAND-POINTING-large570.jpg

Look Dad...that man has another man's hand in his bum

Advertisement

Well you told us.

Someone gets it!

And you obviously don't.

Advertisement
Most recent picture of the stadium with the field lines drawn

Looks pretty good

https://twitter.com/TomGarfinkel/status/636274205210841088

View attachment 31414

Sidelines are still too far away from the field.

https://www.google.com/search?q=t+b...2ThaVM:;wBoRYUY2OGiuJM:&imgrc=gKTeKNzi2ThaVM:

This is what sidelines should look like in the college game, not that crap.

Not trying to come off as blasphemous, but the OB's sidelines weren't necessarily that close either (at least compared to the picture you linked)

6a00e008c6725888340168e9a6aeba970c-500wi.jpg

Football.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why do we care about how close the sidelines are when 29k show for games with 47k announced? We don't create a home field advantage regardless

Looks pretty good

View attachment 31414

https://www.google.com/search?q=t+b...2ThaVM:;wBoRYUY2OGiuJM:&imgrc=gKTeKNzi2ThaVM:

Not trying to come off as blasphemous, but the OB's sidelines weren't necessarily that close either (at least compared to the picture you linked)

View attachment 31416

View attachment 31415

The sidelines at the OB were 12-15 yards much closer than the 22 at the new revamped SLS. And we care about them because the closer the field is to the stands it gives a more intimate feel to the game regardless of how many people are in the stands.

Looks pretty good

View attachment 31414

View attachment 31416

View attachment 31415

The sidelines at the OB were 12-15 yards much closer than the 22 at the new revamped SLS. And we care about them because the closer the field is to the stands it gives a more intimate feel to the game regardless of how many people are in the stands.

The thing about the OB is that there really wasn't a single bad seat in the house. All the seats were on top of the field. SLS can't say that. Fans think just because they added seats on the field that all the seats are closer, and that isn't the case. Plus, at the OB, the fans were closer to each other than we are at SLS. The stadium is structured completely different.

That being said, I despise SLS, but it does look better. I hope the roof makes it that much louder because our home field advantage is non existence in that place.

Advertisement
Back