Stacy Coley

I'll admit I give him **** for coming up slow/hurt on about 75% of his receptions (you can still like him and admit it's true...honestly, I've never seen anything like it), but on the other hand, he hasn't actually been injured or missed much time at all. So ironically, he's actually been pretty durable and reliable over his career.

He'd also be the first to tell you he's had his fair share of boneheaded penalties over the years, and the ones last year and this year (when he's a vet) have been particularly frustrating.

But at the end of the day, the guy chose us when it was easy not to, made a lot of plays, and came back for his senior season. And if not for him, we'd have been sorely lacking for a consistent threat and playmaking WR the last several years.

What I most respect, as others have said, is how he stepped up against F$U every year. He's one of those guys that always gave us a chance. Not his fault we couldn't get a W.

And he really is a monster on that fade/jump/twist catch he's made so many times.

**** yeah, definitely chose us when it was easy not to. (and he definitely has options) One of the few South FLA kids that bought in and stayed true.

And consistently shows up in big games.

I watched him take himself out of the FSU game at least 4 times.

Advertisement
I'll admit I give him **** for coming up slow/hurt on about 75% of his receptions (you can still like him and admit it's true...honestly, I've never seen anything like it), but on the other hand, he hasn't actually been injured or missed much time at all. So ironically, he's actually been pretty durable and reliable over his career.

He'd also be the first to tell you he's had his fair share of boneheaded penalties over the years, and the ones last year and this year (when he's a vet) have been particularly frustrating.

But at the end of the day, the guy chose us when it was easy not to, made a lot of plays, and came back for his senior season. And if not for him, we'd have been sorely lacking for a consistent threat and playmaking WR the last several years.

What I most respect, as others have said, is how he stepped up against F$U every year. He's one of those guys that always gave us a chance. Not his fault we couldn't get a W.

And he really is a monster on that fade/jump/twist catch he's made so many times.

**** yeah, definitely chose us when it was easy not to. (and he definitely has options) One of the few South FLA kids that bought in and stayed true.

what was his stat line in that game brah>?

Gotta give Stacy his props for staying faithful with the U. Nothing but love for the cat. He was one of the best route runners I seen coming out of high school. Reminded me a lot of Jerry Rice mane...

Advertisement

220yds and 3td's in the last 2 fsu games. He didn't watch that part I guess

And what couldve been his stat line. What kind of hurricane waves himself on 3rd downs consistently. lets not even mention the penalties

And what couldve been his stat line. What kind of hurricane waves himself on 3rd downs consistently. lets not even mention the penalties

give it up brah...hold this L. You cant justify your b.s. especially considering dude showed out in those games as our only weapon. It aint Madden,,they are human..they get tired and hurt at times..I know he aint miss those games and his *** balled out

Coley is 2nd all time in receptions, 8th all time in rec yards, and tied for 5th all time in rec TDs.

Question his toughness all you want, but Coley is still going down as an all time great Miami Hurricane.

Advertisement
Coley is 2nd all time in receptions, 8th all time in rec yards, and tied for 5th all time in rec TDs.

Question his toughness all you want, but Coley is still going down as an all time great Miami Hurricane.

Butch Davis would have signed Stacy Coley in a heart beat at any coaching job hes ever held.

Butch Davis would have signed Stacy Coley in a heart beat at any coaching job hes ever held.

take away a sophomore slump and Coley balled for UM. Gonna miss him...

If Coley is an all-time great Cane then so are Jacory, Morris, Hurns, Graig Cooper and everyone else who played long enough to accumulate stats. Hope he has a big day today.

If Coley is an all-time great Cane then so are Jacory, Morris, Hurns, Graig Cooper and everyone else who played long enough to accumulate stats. Hope he has a big day today.

The standards for QBs are higher. Morris has some all time great passes, but he isn't an all time great QB. Pickory gets some love because he won in Trailerhassee and had a plethora of OCs but he isn't an all time great QB either.

Hurns falls short, and Cooper is borderline bust material for being a 5* coming out of prep.

Feel free to run more names by me.

Advertisement
Had to get one last taunting penalty in his last game as a Cane. Nice game though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back