Stacy Coley

Advertisement
Love Coley. Always have. He was underutilized here, and he always came up clutch making some of the most acrobatic circus catches ever. That grab to tie it against FSU this year sums him up.

Great post [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Love Coley. Always have. He was underutilized here, and he always came up clutch making some of the most acrobatic circus catches ever. That grab to tie it against FSU this year sums him up.

Its a shame that it will be a play that no one will remember years from now because we lost the game. But that could have gone right up there with the "Dorsey to Shockey TD" in 2000 and the "Horace Copeland 4th down catch" in the 1991 and "McGahee screen pass for 70 yards" in 2002 as legendary catches in that series history.

Its a shame that it will be a play that no one will remember years from now because we lost the game. But that could have gone right up there with the "Dorsey to Shockey TD" in 2000 and the "Horace Copeland 4th down catch" in the 1991 and "McGahee screen pass for 70 yards" in 2002 as legendary catches in that series history.

Just got actual goose bumps remembering watching McGahee catch that screen and standing up as he tore down the sideline. It was about 1,000,000 degrees in the OB that day, and fans were falling out from heat stroke. The geniuses at the OB ran out of water.

But I can vividly picture the whole thing playing out in slow motion and the stands shaking as everyone rose to their feet simultaneously. The roar built slowly. It was like a tsunami with Willis pulling the giant wave behind him.

Stacy's catch was so **** nice and the throw was a dime. Both those dudes deserved better.

Richards is what I thought Coley would be. Coley has eclipsed 100 yards receiving twice in four seasons. He's pretty close to being a bust when you consider the hype.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richards is what I thought Coley would be. Coley has eclipsed 100 yards receiving twice in four seasons. He's pretty close to being a bust when you consider the hype.

Your troll game is slipping, bro.

Coley's freshman year >>> Ahmmon's freshman year

Only 5 WRs in Miami football history have caught more TDs than Coley. He's also top 7/8 in rec and rec yards. Other than his soph season, he has had a good career and lived up to the 4 star ranking IMO.

Ryan Moore, Akiiem Jolla, Aldarius Glue Hands, Lance Leggett, those are busts.

I didn't say he was a bust. Richards has gone over 100 yards 4 times this season and is on pace to eclipse 1,000 yards to Coley's 591 as a freshmans. And his two return TDs against Savannah State simply shouldn't count. Still give him 8 total TDs that year which is great.

What's baffling to me is that Coley has zero rushing attempts or returns this season but I guess it's kept him on the field.

He'll leave a glaring hole in our WR corps. There's nobody else that has done anything heading into next year aside from Richards.

COLEY CAREER STATISTICS - RECEIVING
SEASON
2016 11-9 49 585 11.9 8 55
2015 11-9 47 689 14.7 4 67T
2014 12-5 23 184 8.0 0 22
2013 13-7 33 591 17.9 7 81
CAREER 47-30 152 2,049 13.5 19 81

Richards-
RcYd RcTD
43 849 2

You really think Coley had a better freshman year? Richards has more yards this year than Coley has had in a single year in his whole career. Coley is a good player, but Richards is already better, IMO. Not a knock on Coley, just to clarify, I like him and think he will do well in the NFL.

Advertisement
I've been critical of Stacy for his drops and penalties over the years and seemingly not playing up to his hype, but then i think of where we would be without this kid. It's a scary thought.

I will say this this year SC has brought a complete game. Still irks me that he is on the ground after every catch withering in pain, but he has made leaps and bounds with his hands, blocking, and route running. He made himself better after a bad sophomore year and has been improving. All the little things he doesn't get credit for this year are astounding and i think those are the things that will show up in NFL evals.

Last edited:
COLEY CAREER STATISTICS - RECEIVING
SEASON
2016 11-9 49 585 11.9 8 55
2015 11-9 47 689 14.7 4 67T
2014 12-5 23 184 8.0 0 22
2013 13-7 33 591 17.9 7 81
CAREER 47-30 152 2,049 13.5 19 81

Richards-
RcYd RcTD
43 849 2

You really think Coley had a better freshman year? Richards has more yards this year than Coley has had in a single year in his whole career. Coley is a good player, but Richards is already better, IMO. Not a knock on Coley, just to clarify, I like him and think he will do well in the NFL.

well if you consider he did more than just receiving his freshman year some might think nearly 1,500 total yards and 10 TDs is pretty **** great for a freshman especially when you consider started the year playing with 2 NFL wrs, a NFL TE, and the schools all time leading rusher so it wasn't as easy to get opportunities on offense or ST from jump for a freshman compared to the current state of the program.

Advertisement
I love Stacey Coley. Smooth receiver who shows up when it matters. He'd have monster numbers this year (which I suspect he's playing injured) if Kaaya could progress from his first read - dude is always open.

Another player like Duke Johnson who came here when he had every right to say "**** that". I always respect those players.

There's always going to be a job for Coley in the NFL, injuries withstanding. I forgot how good he was on returns - imagine if we had suitable WR and CB depth so either he or Elder were back there instead of Lewis and Berrios...

Edit - also Jesus Christ have our uniforms improved. I forgot about that "we're introducing the 'Smoke' outfit next year, but here are the half ****d jerseys you can wear with white pants" fiasco.

Last edited:
I'll admit I give him **** for coming up slow/hurt on about 75% of his receptions (you can still like him and admit it's true...honestly, I've never seen anything like it), but on the other hand, he hasn't actually been injured or missed much time at all. So ironically, he's actually been pretty durable and reliable over his career.

He'd also be the first to tell you he's had his fair share of boneheaded penalties over the years, and the ones last year and this year (when he's a vet) have been particularly frustrating.

But at the end of the day, the guy chose us when it was easy not to, made a lot of plays, and came back for his senior season. And if not for him, we'd have been sorely lacking for a consistent threat and playmaking WR the last several years.

What I most respect, as others have said, is how he stepped up against F$U every year. He's one of those guys that always gave us a chance. Not his fault we couldn't get a W.

And he really is a monster on that fade/jump/twist catch he's made so many times.

I'd say Coley had a better Freshman year than Richards based on versatility, not necessarily receiving numbers.

All Richards does right now is catch slants, catch verticals and catch hitches. (although CB's can't guard him on any of them cause he's such a mismatch)
However, Coley returned kicks, took screen passes to the house, ran reverses, etc etc etc.

Richards has already shown to be a better deep threat IMO. He's a special talent. A rare blend of size and speed. Dude has some jets and surprising wiggle for a kid with his length.

I'm hoping Coley has a similar career to Hurns.

Advertisement
I'll admit I give him **** for coming up slow/hurt on about 75% of his receptions (you can still like him and admit it's true...honestly, I've never seen anything like it), but on the other hand, he hasn't actually been injured or missed much time at all. So ironically, he's actually been pretty durable and reliable over his career.

He'd also be the first to tell you he's had his fair share of boneheaded penalties over the years, and the ones last year and this year (when he's a vet) have been particularly frustrating.

But at the end of the day, the guy chose us when it was easy not to, made a lot of plays, and came back for his senior season. And if not for him, we'd have been sorely lacking for a consistent threat and playmaking WR the last several years.

What I most respect, as others have said, is how he stepped up against F$U every year. He's one of those guys that always gave us a chance. Not his fault we couldn't get a W.

And he really is a monster on that fade/jump/twist catch he's made so many times.

**** yeah, definitely chose us when it was easy not to. (and he definitely has options) One of the few South FLA kids that bought in and stayed true.

And consistently shows up in big games.

**** yeah, definitely chose us when it was easy not to. (and he definitely has options) One of the few South FLA kids that bought in and stayed true.

And consistently shows up in big games.

still remember Jimbo giving an interview on the espn nsd show after Coley put on the SWAG hat and dude looked like he just found out Candi was cucolding him lol. Guy had a top ten recruiting class but was talking about the kid who wouldn't answer their calls the night before nsd.

I've been critical of Stacy for his drops and penalties over the years and seemingly not playing up to his hype, but then i think of where we would be without this kid. It's a scary thought.

I will say this this year SC has brought a complete game. Still irks me that he is on the ground after every catch withering in pain, but he has made leaps and bounds with his hands, blocking, and route running. He made himself better after a bad sophomore year and has been improving. All the little things he doesn't get credit for this year are astounding and i think those are the things that will show up in NFL evals.

Always wondered where this came from? Coley has great hands, I really can't remember a drop he's had in the last 2 years.

Always wondered where this came from? Coley has great hands, I really can't remember a drop he's had in the last 2 years.

I really only recalls the two drops in his first game as a freshman on that Friday night. Other than that...

Advertisement
Back