Stacey coley

I'd sure like to know what his attitude issues are exactly.

Is he a "me" guy?
Is he a bad teammate?
Is he a kid who gets in trouble off the field?
Bad work ethic, doesnt listen to coaches/take criticism?

Can anyone shed some light?

Advertisement
This has always been a grades issue. Kids wants to be a 'Cane but needs to get them grades in order.

Bicho trusts this staff to handle this recruit properly....if it were still shancoker Bicho would be concerned.

Ultimately comes down to how much we push, which depends on his grades/attitude

If he has the grades or is close we should take a chance on this kid. Seems like the locker room is getting stronger and can handle guiding someone with a somewhat skeptical history.

Is he a "me" guy?
Is he a bad teammate?

From what I heard he is a "me" guy. If the ball doesn't come his way he gets upset. Starts moping and walking back to huddle instead running back. Yells at teammates. Doesn't always give his best effort. I would compare him to a HS version of TO.

Seems his coach (former Cane) is trying to get him in the straight and narrow by pushing him to be a leader for his team since he is their best player and he has NFL type potential but he had to keep his head on right. As far as grades, some say he needs work, others say he is good. That usually means he is probably borderline. I think if he shows a different attitude on the field this year the staff will make a push for him.

Advertisement

Is he a "me" guy?
Is he a bad teammate?

From what I heard he is a "me" guy. If the ball doesn't come his way he gets upset. Starts moping and walking back to huddle instead running back. Yells at teammates. Doesn't always give his best effort. I would compare him to a HS version of TO.

Seems his coach (former Cane) is trying to get him in the straight and narrow by pushing him to be a leader for his team since he is their best player and he has NFL type potential but he had to keep his head on right. As far as grades, some say he needs work, others say he is good. That usually means he is probably borderline. I think if he shows a different attitude on the field this year the staff will make a push for him.

Nice post. I guess we'll see how interested he is in Miami by how long he waits to decide and if he makes those changes.

I want him in this class. Kid's a talent.

I feel like Golden is building a culture that can handle a headcase like this. If he is indeed, a headcase.

Would be nice if we had one of those SEC high schools he would transfer to and get things right.

Would be nice if we had one of those SEC high schools he would transfer to and get things right.

If it's "character issues" then his HC is a 'Cane so that's about as good as it can get. As for academics, he's got a year + he could always prep...(I know no one wants to hear that)

Advertisement
Who was in his top 3? FSU, Miami and WVU?

I am envisioning a offense with Olsen at QB, Duke and Sony at RB, and Coley and Lane at WR.

This is a still a young kid, let's not forget that. If he does have a "me" type character those are the best kinds of athletes if you can turn that attitude around. Keeping the nasty and harnessing that into a team effort. If there's one guy I have faith in doing it, it's Al Golden. With the receiving core we have, you have the luxury of taking someone like Coley into the fold. If he doesn't buy in to the team concept, well it's 80+ guys vs. 1 and he can easily find himself on another team. It's not a loss on our end either way, IMO.

On the flip side, if he does stick he has a chance to get playing from day one depending on his conditioning. He's really that skilled in his position and could be the complete difference maker we've lacked at the WR position for years.

It seems to me that Miami is on a steady climb with his recruitment and is gaining momentum. At point, I remember hearing that Coley hated or had nothing to do with Miami and now we're in his top three. If he can qualify, take him. Heck, the kid might translate to DB in the future. I hope we land him, and if we do, I have 100% in Al to mold him.

i want this kid in this class BAD. He has been killing top level div 1 cbs for years now. Guys like our own Tracy Howard cant stick him. Best wr in Broward by far...an likely in South Florida.

-I read an article from HIM where he says hes turning the corner as far as becoming a "vocal leader" for his team..and doing the right things...
-Think he was a kid that goofed off his early years and just skated by grades wise...(I pretty much know it from other people i know)
I think if his grades look good first quarter we should be ALL OVER THIS kid.....a class of him, Cunningham, and AJL is BEASTLY.

Advertisement
I think we have a better shot with him than most people on here think. Kind of reminds me when Miller had his issues and for a time, Lamar was coming here. As highly touted as Miller was, I think Coley is in the same vicinity. With Donnell Bennett as his coach, you gotta think we have a shot here

Advertisement
What about the end of the video? Because he said "Florida"? Or because he probably wanted to major in Business til he steps foot on campus?

I really didnt take anything from that video, other then he seems uncomfortable speaking about certain things. Still want him rockin' the orange, green and white.

The reporter asks him if he grew up rooting for a team, the reporter mentions Miami and Stacey won't comment...when pressed further he names Florida. Don't get your hopes up.

Although, 4,238 kids have said they grew up Mimai fans, and wanted nothing to do with us come recruitment time. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

What about the end of the video? Because he said "Florida"? Or because he probably wanted to major in Business til he steps foot on campus?

I really didnt take anything from that video, other then he seems uncomfortable speaking about certain things. Still want him rockin' the orange, green and white.

The reporter asks him if he grew up rooting for a team, the reporter mentions Miami and Stacey won't comment...when pressed further he names Florida. Don't get your hopes up.

Florida stopped recruiting him and plus how many cane fans have we had commit to other schools?

Advertisement
Back