Official Spring PractiSe #9: Saturday, April 1

His spot in the rehab center?
Dam our D must really be bad if our RB in the rehab center is running all over them.

Rolling Eyes Eye Roll GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
And missing 3 DT’s with a 4th, a freshman coming in May.

Doesn't matter. DL should have enough depth that they dominate in Spring. What happens if 1 or 2 of our starters go down in the Fall? You'll see the same lineup we have right now without a couple portal transfers in the mix. I "like" our healthy 1s, don't love them. But we need more than just 4-6 guys who can play.

But Mauigoa is the one I want to hear more and more about. Our LB play has been the poorest I’ve ever seen in my life the last few years. He has to be the upgrade we’ve been hoping for

Mauigoa looked pretty good on the two Washington State games I watched condensed on YouTube to see what we got in him. But he wasn't an all conference kid by any stretch. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy he's on the team. We need another one. But my question is why his play seemed to leap so much since coming to Miami?

Has Cisco taken a big step over the off season? Or is it just that everyone else is so bad and we've had such bad linebackers for so long that a decent player stands out much more than he should?

Advertisement
Mauigoa looked pretty good on the two Washington State games I watched condensed on YouTube to see what we got in him. But he wasn't an all conference kid by any stretch. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy he's on the team. We need another one. But my question is why his play seemed to leap so much since coming to Miami?

Has Cisco taken a big step over the off season? Or is it just that everyone else is so bad and we've had such bad linebackers for so long that a decent player stands out much more than he should?
He is still developing that’s why. Last year was his first year as a starter as a true sophmore and he had a very good year

He is still developing that’s why. Last year was his first year as a starter as a true sophmore and he had a very good year

Well most LBs do see their biggest step in Year 3. So that doesn't surprise me, makes me excited to see the product. I just want to be reassured it's not lowered expectations.

Well most LBs do see their biggest step in Year 3. So that doesn't surprise me, makes me excited to see the product. I just want to be reassured it's not lowered expectations.

It’s spring practice reporting for a team expected to win 6/7 games … being mindful of expectations is wise

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have never been less interested for Canes spring than this one. I have finally hit show me mode. I know I know, "what took you so long." I don't know honestly. It just hit me this year and I have been a fan a LOOOOOOOONG time. I have hope, but I have no expectations. If that makes any sense.
Well good luck for you the Hurricanes program isn't interested in giving their fans anything to be excited for in spring either. We're top secretly mediocre.

As much as I get people saying: O-Line shouldn't move D-Line like that.

We have two NFL draft picks and an extremely talented RG. We turned our interior from a weakness into a strength.
If our starting Oline can’t move our 2nd-3rd strong dline that’s a problem. 1st team oline should be dominating.

Advertisement
Back