Official Spring PractiSe #9: Saturday, April 1

Advertisement
I've been preaching but I keep getting neg votes. 🤷‍♂️

We have some on here saying a freshman is coming to take his spot. BWHAHAHHAHAH
If he doesn't perform they will that's what happens when u recruit well. I think with this OL he can do well.

Advertisement
Miami went through a partial scrimmage in the back half of Saturday’s practice, which was closed to the media.

Coming out of the days events, InsideTheU learned of some standouts after checking in with some sources on Greentree for the sessio

- Don Chaney had a really good day running the football. There have been injury concerns that have held him back in the past but someone with an NFL pedigree and another with Power 5 coaching experience were both extremely impressed by the way he ran the rock. That’s a positive developmen

- The slots impressed and Brashard Smith was described as the guy with the most “juice.” Nathaniel Joseph had a long touchdown and Xavier Restrepo is Mr. Consistency. Isaiah Horton is another name that was highlighte

- Jacolby George also had some good moments and some watching the scrimmage believe he has a chance to take his game to the next level. Adding some weight would go a long way in helping him break off of press coverage, according to the

- Tyler Van Dyke had some moments, as did Jacurri Brown, who they believe would have had an 80-yard rushing touchdown if things weren’t blown dead. They were blown away by Brown’s speed but highlighted some inconsistency as a passe

- On defense, Francisco Mauigoa was a name that continued to come up. A former college defensive coach loves the scheme Lance Guidry runs and highlighted all the things that make his Bear Fronts difficult to defend. Mauigoa really stood out to them. In general, they felt the linebacker play was soli

- The offensive line is much improved and there are some depth issues at defensive tackle, which were obvious to some observers. Mario Cristobal has been open about the fact that that is a position of great need. They also believed another cornerback and another safety in the portal would be wis

- Offensively, it’s more friendly for the playmakers and one person said it had shades of what Lane Kiffin does at Ole Miss but with less tempo

Gaby
I know it’s Spring and we try and keep things in perspective but a lot of names in here that we hoped to hear about

Don goes without saying. Could add critical talent to a cloudy backfield

But Mauigoa is the one I want to hear more and more about. Our LB play has been the poorest I’ve ever seen in my life the last few years. He has to be the upgrade we’ve been hoping for

Also Nathaniel Joseph just keeps getting mentioned by all the right people. Not that he was a “slept on” recruit but he did get lost in the shuffle a bit and he’s absolutely electric

Good stuff kept within context of course

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know it’s Spring and we try and keep things in perspective but a lot of names in here that we hoped to hear about

Don goes without saying. Could add critical talent to a cloudy backfield

But Mauigoa is the one I want to hear more and more about. Our LB play has been the poorest I’ve ever seen in my life the last few years. He has to be the upgrade we’ve been hoping for

Also Nathaniel Joseph just keeps getting mentioned by all the right people. Not that he was a “slept on” recruit but he did get lost in the shuffle a bit and he’s absolutely electric

Good stuff kept within context of course
Bobby Washington bruh, the news that came out about him Im sold.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back