Official Spring PractiSe #8: Thursday March 30

No, he's not even on the depth chart as I type this, he's injured, he's not locking down anything now. Fortunately for him, there are no games yet. But if (IF!) he gets healthy this summer (and Mario has said he expects everyone back), he's a formidable talent that will compete for a spot this fall. Just saying it's WAY too early to write him off. Game 1 is five months away. Let everyone compete in camp and see where we land.

Classic mistake to get too caught up in what happens in the spring. If you don't believe me, just ask my good friend @SinisterCane:

View attachment 234264
Oh lawd

Advertisement
🗣️Miami with Martin Bibla!!!
I don't think Martin Bibla ever took a snap at Center while at Miami, but please correct me if I forgot something from his Frosh or Soph seasons. He was a fixture at RG for what seemed like a decade. Played directly next to JGonzo.

We did do considerably better during Ty Wise and Romberg years. Agree with the notion a Center can make a significant difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Facts. Recruits want to see younger guys get playing time, making an impact. It’s a recruiting tool to itself. This is a concept Manny struggled to grasp.
Especially if u bringing 5 stars to replace a 4-3-2 stars. If we had an AA high rated dude starting at that spot it's understandable. But we recruiting different guys that should be playing. If they weren't playing then I would be worried they aren't performing or it was a bad evaluation. Sometimes u don't know a bad eval till they hit the PractiSe field. And by then it's too late u are already looking by next class to replace him low key.

Especially if u bringing 5 stars to replace a 4-3-2 stars. If we had an AA high rated dude starting at that spot it's understandable. But we recruiting different guys that should be playing. If they weren't playing then I would be worried they aren't performing.
Absolutely. What has me feeling good so far is not only are the freshmen studs killing it so far in practice per reports, but the less heralded guys like Bobby Wash, Carver, and Spencer are exceeding expectations. Seeing strong early evidence of very good evals happening.

Advertisement
I don't think Martin Bibla ever took a snap at Center while at Miami, but please correct me if I forgot something from his Frosh or Soph seasons. He was a fixture at RG for what seemed like a decade. Played directly next to JGonzo.

We did do considerable better during Ty Wise and Romberg years. Agree with the notion a Center can make a significant difference.
You’re probably right… but for some reason I thought I remembered him being a center.

Absolutely. What has me feeling good so far is not only are the freshmen studs killing it so far in practice per reports, but the less heralded guys like Bobby Wash, Carver, and Spencer are exceeding expectations. Seeing strong early evidence of very good evals happening.
That's the sh that shocked me as well. When they said those names I'm like the bottom of the class performing is a good sign. I didn't expect anything from those dudes and if that's the bottom of the class sheeeeeesh. Elite teams do this and their rise to elite have these bottom level recruits balling at PractiSe. If we hit on those dudes then we going to be fine for the future. And it doesn't feel like the fake green tree hype it feels genuine. Cause u can tell when it's bs like someone lost 15 pounds and they are way faster. That's a red flag when u hear that sh, for me at least.

Advertisement

Te Amo Morning GIF by Chispa App
Good Morning Coffee GIF by Emilia Desert

Advertisement
Back