Official Spring PractiSe #8: Thursday March 30

Advertisement
Excuse Me What GIF

FA9FEA51-2235-41C1-844E-D6C00190E61D.gif

Advertisement
Last year of Manny, 1st year of Mario, up til now the evolution/difference in the way every rep is taken is night and day. There is next to no loafing/going through the motions/taking it easy on your boy.

Not completely there yet...but we are truly getting closer to "how you practice is how you play" and as the talent continues to improve the best want to challenge the best and dont like losing in practice let alone a game.

I like us working on pulls, its a part of the run game that we haven't used at all due to a lack of mobility
That GT counter is one **** of play. If any offense can implement that specific play effectively into their ****nal...oh boy. It is the play that UNC killed us with for over 600 yds of rushing, and the play FSU steam rolled us with last year. Also makes for a beatiful RPO with your choosing of route combos/concepts.

Last edited:
That GT counter is one **** of play. If any offense can implement that specific play effectively into their ****nal...oh boy. It is the play that UNC killed us with for over 600 yds of rushing, and the play FSU steam rolled us with last year. Also makes for a beatiful RPO with your choosing of route combos/concepts.
We play against Tite fronts about 75% of the time, you either get runs to the outside or you manipulate the middle with pulling offensive linemen left and right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Does Zion playing abilities lock down a starting spot while missing half of last year, spring ball and probably summer workouts?

No, he's not even on the depth chart as I type this, he's injured, he's not locking down anything now. Fortunately for him, there are no games yet. But if (IF!) he gets healthy this summer (and Mario has said he expects everyone back), he's a formidable talent that will compete for a spot this fall. Just saying it's WAY too early to write him off. Game 1 is five months away. Let everyone compete in camp and see where we land.

Classic mistake to get too caught up in what happens in the spring. If you don't believe me, just ask my good friend @SinisterCane:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 12.50.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Dawson on Joe Rose this morning said that Lee is the pickup he's most excited/happy about. That the kid is a big time football player with a ton of experience and is being crucial in implementing his offensive and calling out formations.
Having an elite center is so important.

Look at OU when they had Creed Humphrey
Look at Bama when they had Landon ****erson
Look at OSU when they had Nick Mangold
Look at UF when they had Maurkice Pouncey

If he’s healthy, that OL will gel and produce

Advertisement
Back