Official Spring PractiSe #3: Thursday 3/9

I legit thought that Cohen came here to play RT. I didn’t expect him to be at LG.

I still believe the best OL right now is:
- LT Zion/Samson
- LG Rivers/Mauigoa
- C Lee/Sagapulo or Denis
- RG Cooper/Mauigoa
- RT Cohen/McCoy

Geeze we really need more guards lol

Can we please never, ever use "Cohen" and "RT" together in the same sentence again?

The RT thing was a complete message board creation.

The kid himself said, out loud, on tape, that "Miami recruited me here to play weak-side (aka left) guard." Which as you may have noticed, is where he has been practicing.

Fin.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but this makes me both angry and sad. We are so weak and thin at offensive tackle. Clearly poor recruiting/development with Washington and McLaughlin, as they were always considered projects, and have never taken the next step. Behind them... nothing.

So we're left with hoping a gimpy Zion Nelson can get and stay healthy, and that either a RS freshman (McCoy) or two true freshmen can go full-tilt as starters. I know Plan B and C are to find a unicorn in the portal who is starting OT caliber or kick out Rivers. But it's just disheartening to see how gapped we are once again headed into the season.

I know we've had true freshmen play tackle in the past (Winston, Fox, Henderson, Flowers, Donaldson). And I know these two freshmen have infinite potential. But it's completely unacceptable to be the Miami ******* Hurricanes and not have serviceable upperclass OTs.

I think Francis is a special case. Between the coaching he received at IMG, practicing against other 5 star players, and his god-given size, I would say he isn't the typical freshman OL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hate not seeing Rooster out there. 😔

Rip Pour One Out GIF

FACTS. Even if that happens, it won't be as bad as last year. But we could end up being forced to start 3 freshmen at the same time at some point this season.
The OL a disaster? That's too much imo. They will struggle early than get their feet under them. They won't be world stoppers but it will prepare them the following year. But disaster? That was last year and the year before cause we ain't have those type of dogs overall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can we please never, ever use "Cohen" and "RT" together in the same sentence again?

The kid himself said, out loud, on tape, that "Miami recruited me here to play weak-side (aka left) guard." Which as you may have noticed, is where he has been practicing.

Fin.
I was not aware of that. Thanks!

Fin.
So LT then?

west side story film GIF

Advertisement
Back