Spring PractiSe #3 : Media today: Kevin Steele, Al Blades Jr., James Williams and DJ Ivey

Advertisement
Harrel is huge man. Don’t know what kind of impact he will have. Maybe bulk him up and make him a backer
He never had the hips for corner but that feet and recovery speed different, i think he would be the beast at Sam or saftey if we weren’t that deep

Driving Ace Ventura GIF

2 TE sets can be deadly in todays game. Particularly if its with real TEs who have size, can block, run and catch (which we do if Mallory can step up his blocking).

Modern defenses use a ton of heavy DB/striker type systems to combat spread formations, a good 12 package can blow that out of the water and force them into formations they are not as comfortable with.
This! Now you’re talking some real deal foot bawl, brotha!

Advertisement
He never had the hips for corner but that feet and recovery speed different, i think he would be the beast at Sam or saftey if we weren’t that deep
I was surprised the last staff didn't try him at striker (and move Carter or Chase Smith to Will). I felt he could provide depth there and see the field faster than other spots.

I guess we will see more throughout the spring how the current staff use the players on the roster. I'm confident they'll find ways to put players in spots where their strengths will shine, hopefully Harrell included.

Agree. Kam's instincts and intelligence are off the charts. He will be on the field a lot and I can see the coaches relying on him to initiate communication on the backend. What he lacks in speed he more than makes up for with how quickly he processes information which allows him to anticipate and play fast. I expect all three to play but Kam is the best safety on the team. IMO

James is definitely the best safety on the team

Advertisement
Thank you!!! Leave that kid where he needs to be. Sheesh. All that move him to Lb **** the fans talking is non sense.

Devils advocate:

He won’t play that position in the NFL IMO. What must be done eventually, should be done immediately.

I’m confused. Did you see him in the nfl already? You sound like the folks that said Lamar Jackson won’t play QB in the nfl lol.

I am predicting he won’t be a safety in the NFL. And yes, like the folks who said that about Jackson, I may end up wrong. Sometimes you right, sometimes you are wrong. Either way, I enjoyed watching him play and will enjoy watching him play this year.

Advertisement
I think Brown is fighting Thad for that “move the pile/keep the chains moving/goal line, 4th quarter bruiser” role. If he doesn’t get that, it could be trouble for him. I like the kid too. He’s got a chance to shine in the Spring because it’s only him, Thad and Parrish. He has to cease the moment and realize come Fall things get a lot harder and the walls start closing in in that RB room.
He seems like a good kid, I just didn’t see enough juice from him last year to be a Miami caliber RB right now. I won’t make a full judgment off a Freshman season, but I think he needs to show a lot more in spring/fall or he could be buried quickly on the depth chart. Thad has a much higher ceiling in my opinion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back