Spring PractiSe #3 : Media today: Kevin Steele, Al Blades Jr., James Williams and DJ Ivey

When did Tae become the shoo-in starter?

Just because Kam is out with injury doesn’t mean he’s automatically gonna be on the bench.

They’re most likely going to be running with 3 Safeties on the field together anyway, so Tae will be the Nickel Safety, but if you think Kam won’t be a starter this season you’ll be surprised.
Kam is the most cerebral S on the roster. Tae is a genetic freak. Kam will start. Both will play alot.

Advertisement
He just needs to see the writing on the wall. When Citizen gets here, he could be 6th on the depth chart.
I think Brown is fighting Thad for that “move the pile/keep the chains moving/goal line, 4th quarter bruiser” role. If he doesn’t get that, it could be trouble for him. I like the kid too. He’s got a chance to shine in the Spring because it’s only him, Thad and Parrish. He has to cease the moment and realize come Fall things get a lot harder and the walls start closing in in that RB room.

Advertisement

Just because Kam is out with injury doesn’t mean he’s automatically gonna be on the bench.

They’re most likely going to be running with 3 Safeties on the field together anyway, so Tae will be the Nickel Safety, but if you think Kam won’t be a starter this season you’ll be surprised.
IMO, Kam is our best safety, hate that he's out this spring, really think this kid can be special. Reminds me of Jaquan Johnson

Advertisement
Very rare to have frosh DEs taking spots fam, especially not 5* guaranteed type talents. Even GR15 took a min to be ready.
I feel you but at the same time we’ve seen freshman DE’s have productive years. Joe Jackson and John Garvin both did. Last year was supposed to be Harvey’s breakout year but outside of that pick six he was a ghost. Ideally we find a an older transfer that can hold it down but current roster I’m all for Kelly at least getting a shot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
if Ivey and Flagg are the starter by week 1…………….

jump.gif

if Ivey and Flagg are the starter by week 1…………….
Flagg starting wouldn't be as devastating as Ivey starting. Flagg is limited laterally and in coverage. If they can put him in position to not shed blocks and just shoot upfield he can be serviceable imo.

Agree. Kam's instincts and intelligence are off the charts. He will be on the field a lot and I can see the coaches relying on him to initiate communication on the backend. What he lacks in speed he more than makes up for with how quickly he processes information which allows him to anticipate and play fast. I expect all three to play but Kam is the best safety on the team. IMO

Advertisement
Back