Official Spring Practice #7: Tuesday March 28 Includes Media: Javion Cohen, TVD, and Ahkeem Mesidor

Advertisement
Probably the best interview I can remember a player giving in one of these post practice sessions
Agreed. Very intelligent young man. Seems like he has a great head on his shoulders and will be an awesome leader for this team. Between him and Matt Lee, I love the type of mindset of the guys Mario is bringing in. These are the kinds of guys you need to turn around your culture. Still need some more of them but we're on our way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Probably the best interview I can remember a player giving in one of these post practice sessions
Its clear that Alabama and Saban and that entire program as well as the utopia of Tuscaloosa has shaped and molded him into the perfect human being with no space for improvement as a source of moral energy or courage or divine efficacy or omnipotent wisdom.

We should all quake in righteous fear that he has descended upon coral gables.

Advertisement
It’s pretty telling how important relationships are in this era of college athletes. Cohen left a powerhouse where he started multiple years to come to Miami coming off an embarrassing year. I’ve been tough as **** on Mario so far but his ability to connect with people and players is pretty **** impressive.

No cap, literally one of my most enjoyable player interviews I can recall in a while. I’m not sure how it’ll translate on the field b/c everything is unicorns & rainbows b4 game 1, but how my guy comports himself, & articulates his passion for his teammates & the program was impressive.

But I do have a question; these interviews are conducted inside the IPF, correct? If so, how in thee bluest fck does that **** lawn mower/blower continue to provide sound tracks??! At this point, I have to believe this is being piped in for good ole time sake. Lol

Advertisement
I really do believe he can become the future for the program. If he keeps working on his accuracy and decision making he will be a stud. His leadership qualities are already there.

I remember when Vince Young flipped from being an elite athlete to a highly productive QB. Brown's not at VY's level, but he's of that mold. Maybe a better comparison is Vick. Either way, he needs time to bake. Can Dawson be that QB whisperer we hoped Richt would be?

Agreed

He’s reliable

Any employer will tell you the value there
Brethren, available & reliable r two totally different things. Is Flagg always available? Yes, & in this day & age of football, that’s impressive in its own right; but, is he reliable? Ehhh, I have to disagree on that. We’ve seen way too many times he either shoots the wrong gap, causes himself to get washed out, take bad angles, get in the way of his teammates’ ability to tackle leading to big gains. For every “wow” play Flagg makes, we see two “Oy vey” plays (& I’m being kind on the two).

U get fired for less by employers if u have a habitual tendency of putting ur colleagues or the company in dire straights.

Brethren, available & reliable r two totally different things. Is Flagg always available? Yes, & in this day & age of football, that’s impressive in its own right; but, is he reliable? Ehhh, I have to disagree on that. We’ve seen way too many times he either shoots the wrong gap, causes himself to get washed out, take bad angles, get in the way of his teammates’ ability to tackle leading to big gains. For every “wow” play Flagg makes, we see two “Oy vey” plays (& I’m being kind on the two).

U get fired for less by employers if u have a habitual tendency of putting ur colleagues or the company in dire straights.
Well see now you took a sloppy analogy I made and HAD to call me out on it 😂

Advertisement
Agreed. Very intelligent young man. Seems like he has a great shoulder on his head and will be an awesome leader for this team. Between him and Matt Lee, I love the type of mindset of the guys Mario is bringing in. These are the kinds of guys you need to turn around your culture. Still need some more of them but we're on our way.
Yup, these are the type of dudes whose qualities you want to rub off on your talented underclassmen...

I remember when Vince Young flipped from being an elite athlete to a highly productive QB. Brown's not at VY's level, but he's of that mold. Maybe a better comparison is Vick. Either way, he needs time to bake. Can Dawson be that QB whisperer we hoped Richt would be?

Bro, I love u; but let’s pump the breaks on both comparisons. VY was thee #1 player, regardless of position coming out. He only played two yrs at UT, & lived up to the hype, collegiately.

Vick is a mf Urban Legend, bruh. Like fr fr Urban Legend. He & A.I are deities in Newsport & Hampton, VA. Let’s allow J Brown become his own man vs. comparing him to some of the loftiest collegiate players in modern history.

Last edited:
Well see now you took a sloppy analogy I made and HAD to call me out on it 😂

Nah, u know u’re my ppl’s, but honestly I would gravely concerned on developments w/ the caliber of athletes we now have at the LB position & I still see Corey as the starter. I don’t mind him being on the roster, but I’ve seen enough for the past 3 yrs to suggest & show he’s a rotational guy vs. starter.

Nah, u know u’re my ppl’s, but honestly I would gravely concerned on developments w/ the caliber of athletes we now have at the LB position & I still see Corey as the starter. I don’t mind him being on the roster, but I’ve seen enough for the past 3 yrs to suggest & show he’s a rotational guy vs. starter.
100% brother I agree with you I just didn’t state it very well

Just saying why Flagg gets consistent praise from the coaches is they talk about him being coachable and they can work with him. My day today has been especially trying because sometimes I get really talented workers that don’t get their **** done on time and I’m just like man…gimme someone I know will be at work tomorrow

So that was my day floating in

But you’re correct in your assessment. I don’t mind having guys like Flagg on the team but we aren’t winning championships with him playing as many snaps as he does. We need the talent and the hard work and I think Mario will deliver that. Whether that leads to actual championships I’m not sure

Advertisement
Back