*** Spring Game Stream ***

Obviously the defense is a head of the offense right now. Dont really care about the score.

Dislikes:
Penalties
Turnovers
OL Push

TE usage

Advertisement
We have no playmakers. Teams do not have to respect anything remotely deep. Williams' arm is terrible.

No playmaers= guys not wide open.
Guys not wide open=need a big-armed kid to stick it in there. Williams ain't it.

Even if the run game was better than average, which I am not sure about, it would instantly suck because each defense worth its salt will simply load the box and outnumber our blockers.

Like: a few of the OL, Porter, Smith, Chickillo, Perryman. That's it.

Golden singled out Perryman and McGee. Though Gunter showed up big as well.

Kirby, Cornelius, Paul, and Johnson all played well at LB.
Hope and Finnie played well.

Not much to be impressed with on offense. Golden singled out Eduardo. Thought Dewey did okay.

Advertisement
anyone not mentioning darris hughes as a nice surprise wasn't paying any attention to the game. i liked what i saw from him.

Pcity,
You gotta relent a little here, brother. One of the stated goals of the spring game was to determine who is ahead between the two true freshman QB's. I think we found the answer, yes?

Likes - Clements. DLine looked great. D as a whole looked good. Seems to be improved. Team looks bigger. Couple walk ons that could make a push for a spot... Hughes, Kidd

Dislikes - QB play was horrid. OLINE was less then stellar. DROPS, DROPS DROPS. TURNOVERS. PENALTIES.

We have a long way to go til summer workouts and fall camp... hope these guys take it upon themselves to get better.

Pcity,
You gotta relent a little here, brother. One of the stated goals of the spring game was to determine who is ahead between the two true freshman QB's. I think we found the answer, yes?

clear cut.

my major worry is if morris goes down is Williams going to play like he did today? if so, we are in trouble.

Advertisement
anyone not mentioning darris hughes as a nice surprise wasn't paying any attention to the game. i liked what i saw from him.

Yeah but I would be shocked if he ever saw reps and if he does I think that means we are in deep **** (or we are blowing someone out). James, Clements, Duke, Crawford and Hagans should be the only ones receiving carries this year.

We have no playmakers. Teams do not have to respect anything remotely deep. Williams' arm is terrible.

Guys not wide open=need a big-armed kid to stick it in there. Williams ain't it.

Even if the run game was better than average, which I am not sure about, it would instantly suck because each defense worth its salt will simply load the box and outnumber our blockers.

Lets revist this in the fall. I think too many of ya'll are putting too much stock into the spring game.

Advertisement
Wasting Reps on a true Fr QB? This is Dewey and Crow's 3rd scrimmage and maybe 15 practices (?). I believe Crow outplayed Dewey in the 1st scrimmage, were we wasting reps on Dewey in that one?

Its a ridiculous thought that you would faze out a true FR already in the Spring of his first year.

bottom line is all 3 of these guys suck at this point, so our argument is mute

Come on they don't suck... We just have to temper our expectations and be realistic... Crow and Dewey are not going to start... They'll be ready by their rs-sophomores in my opinion... as for Williams we finally seen what we have... No he is not Big Ben, he does not have a rocket, and he isnt the second coming of KD... He's an adequate player at this time... He knows the game but he is limited... We just have to be patient... We are not champions and we may even be a 6-7 win team this year... Its a process...

Im not at all worried about the offense. Still waiting for morris to get back, duke is coming in the summer, got some wrs coming in to help. I would actually be really worried if the were scoring at will on the defense.

Advertisement
70 yard bombed touchdown pass on the first play of the game for fsu

EJ-Manuel-Media-flex-Dowell.jpg

Lets revist this in the fall. I think too many of ya'll are putting too much stock into the spring game.

This big time.

Advertisement
Back