*** Spring Game Stream ***

Advertisement
the offensive line looked like crap - I'm sure having feliciano and johnson playing would've helped things, but there were way too many mistakes from guys who will play next year

Ryan Williams made some nice throws, made some late throws, and made some dumb throws

There was no deep passing but we only had 2 receivers playing today that will play next year.
Next year WR rotation:

Scott
Dorsett
Hurns
Lockhart
Lewis

We'll be able to generate a deep passing game with those guys

I hope you're not serious.

the offensive line looked like crap - I'm sure having feliciano and johnson playing would've helped things, but there were way too many mistakes from guys who will play next year

Ryan Williams made some nice throws, made some late throws, and made some dumb throws

There was no deep passing but we only had 2 receivers playing today that will play next year.
Next year WR rotation:

Scott
Dorsett
Hurns
Lockhart
Lewis

What's so wrong about his post? Pretty accurate statements imo.

One other note:

* It appeared that we ran a two tight end set on ~ 50% of the plays. There was a lot of 2 TE - 2 WR, 1 back sets. Very interesting.

That tells me that the coaches realize we dont have any playmakers. We are going to have to be a grind it out offense...unless we hit an instant home run with one or more of the incoming freshmenz.

Bingo. Ultra conservative works if you have a great defense. This defense might be slightly better than average. Corners still suck, depth at defensive end is horrible, backers not named Perryman are meh, safeties not getting better.

Positives: Porter, Smith and Perryman.

One other note:

* It appeared that we ran a two tight end set on ~ 50% of the plays. There was a lot of 2 TE - 2 WR, 1 back sets. Very interesting.

That tells me that the coaches realize we dont have any playmakers. We are going to have to be a grind it out offense...unless we hit an instant home run with one or more of the incoming freshmenz.

Bingo. Ultra conservative works if you have a great defense. This defense might be slightly better than average. Corners still suck, depth at defensive end is horrible, backers not named Perryman are meh, safeties not getting better.

Positives: Porter, Smith and Perryman.

The corners don't still suck. Lee Chambers and Mike Williams played alot last year and sucked. If anything, we know Gunter, Finnie and Hope will be factors in run support and will be far more aggressive in coverage. Not alot of soft coverage being played today.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Next year WR rotation:

Scott
Dorsett
Hurns
Lockhart
Lewis

"We'll be able to generate a deep passing game with those guys" that part.

Next year WR rotation:

Scott
Dorsett
Hurns
Lockhart
Lewis

Fisch said before the game the O was going to be vanilla

Also I do think we'll be able to generate a deep passing game with those guys.

I think there will be sone dumb plays this year with our cbs just because they are so young. But I think it will be the most improved position on the team this year. Gunter and hope look good plus we will have howard and bush

Advertisement
I was only able to stay for the first half but it wasnt much to see. There were way too many walkons playing today, we desperately need the incoming class to get in and get to work

Some thoughts for offense:
- Williams arm isnt any worse than jacorys and he looks fine rolling out of the pocket and can move around and create time. Is it just me or does he kind of throw like Philip Rivers, kind of shot puts it?
- McDermott is a lot bigger than i expected and he looks like hes ready
- Seantrel looked healthy and bigger, Bunche was amped up, like his attitude and hope its contagious
- Flowers looks real good for 17 years old, him and Gadbois look mean and for being Freshman
- People need to remember we have 3 scholarship WRs right now, D Johnson was playing WR. the best WR today was a walkon kidd
- Crow and Dewey wont play this year unless something tragic happens so i dont know why people put so much in their spring games
- Overall the Off was what i expected, 3 qbs we had never seen using a vanilla playbook, and A LOT of walkons.

Defense:
- Liked seeing a 3-4 of Chick, Porter, Smith, Cain on the edge. Nice to see them switch it up
- Kirby, Perryman, Johnson all looked real good. Throw in Buchanan and Paul and I think our LB corp will be alright. Losing spence will hurt but guys like Paul look better than Futch ever did. I was looking for witt but dont remember seeing him, he hurt?
- Gunter looks good, McGee looked like hes been listening to the coaches.
- Is Armbrister a LB? If so im not sure why unless hes real slow because hes not any bigger than 200lbs

We need better players and thankfully 20+ will be arriving this summer

Next year WR rotation:

Scott
Dorsett
Hurns
Lockhart
Lewis

Fisch said before the game the O was going to be vanilla

Also I do think we'll be able to generate a deep passing game with those guys.

None of them should ever start at Miami. They suck and show just how far we've fallen.

Wish I could have been there, wish I could have seen it.

From many comments I've read here, I assume some didn't listen when Golden and Fisch indicated a very bland offense in this game due to shortages in certain skill positions - especially receivers. It's hard to spread the field and pick out open receivers if they aren't on the field - at least in my experience. A vanilla offense is easier to defend, and with limited pass receivers, the pass is easier to defend.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments. We all want it all, and we all want it all right now. Me too, but it's not going to work that way. At least the coaches got some film and we know exactly what we need to work on for now. So will the players.

I've never seen a spectacular spring game. Still wondering if such a thing exists.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If anyone were to possibly know where a torrent would be available, that'd be outstanding.

(I can't get ESPN3).

havent watched the game yet but you guys are getting all in a tissy over nothing. this team is facing a complete roster overhaul. this season will be similar to last year in the W/L column but I expect the D to play much better and for us to look much more like a team overall. we won't see significant improvement until 2013. just sit back and enjoy the ride

crossover22[]_[];404557 said:
Malcolm Lewis should never start at Miami?

Not as a freshman. Absolutely not.

As explosive as he is I cant agree with u. If he works hard he could start.

Explosive? Have you watched his tape? Tough, savvy, strong for his size, quick, yes. But the top thing he lacks is speed.

He is not the fastest player in the country but he is quick, runs pretty good routes, tough as nails. Im not saying I think he should start but the kid has practiced against howard for a long time. So he has gone against a great corner. I think he possibly could start or be a big part of the offense as a freshman

Advertisement
Back