Spring Game Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sabotage the recruiting class it will cause an long term effect the next coach could consider him self lucky to pull in 3 stars his firsr two years...then he will go 5-8 and the cycle starts over again..all of that to say this...would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team? Me i think most games are won on NSD

flying a banner hurts recruiting and makes it harder for the program to be successful whether the coach is golden or anybody else.

my feeling is if you want golden fired you voice your opinion by not buying tickets, emailing the school, holding back donations etc. ultimately they take that all into account when they make a decision but I seriously doubt they make decisions based on banners.

Oh no, the super fans will tell you that not buying tickets and with holding donations hurts the kids. As does any public display of discontent.

You, sir, are not a real fan. The fact that you wrote this just cost us another elite, 5-star recruit.

So, why are []_[] on a Canes website, if the program is a dumpster fire? Troll

When something is wrong, you acknowledge it and you take the necessary steps to fix it. Admitting Golden is a failure is the first necessary step. Since administration wants to stick their head in the sand we need to keep reminds them.

Advertisement
He isn't going to be fired before the season starts, so what the **** is the purpose at flying a banner. It is a complete waste of money, and actually hurts recruiting.

If you want to fly a banner, fly it at actual games, not at the **** spring game, where it only hurts us.

You guys say you want the administration to make a change, and claim you just want what's best for the football team. Well, sabotaging recruiting does literally NOTHING to accomplish that. All sabotaging recruiting does, is **** us for our next HC. If we get a crappy recruiting class this year, it's going to make it so the next HC will need more years just to correct the depth (AKA the same excuse Golden has been using).

Also, I'm not sure when the Spring game is, but if it's while Shalala is still president, that is just stupid and pointless. Everything you do now before the new president gets here will be completely ineffective.

Save the Banners for after week 3 or 4. This will be Golden's last year if he doesn't win the Coastal, and that is a guarantee.

And don't even try to call me a Golden Slurper or whatever. I was praying he'd get the PSU job. And of course he should have been fired last year and with a competent administration he would have been. Still, having a banner at the spring game is stupid.

The beauty of flying it over Lockhart during a spring game is I'm pretty sure the banner will fly DURING the scrimmage.

Will be glorious to see....a big **** YOU to the administration.

He isn't going to be fired before the season starts, so what the **** is the purpose at flying a banner. It is a complete waste of money, and actually hurts recruiting.

If you want to fly a banner, fly it at actual games, not at the **** spring game, where it only hurts us.

You guys say you want the administration to make a change, and claim you just want what's best for the football team. Well, sabotaging recruiting does literally NOTHING to accomplish that. All sabotaging recruiting does, is **** us for our next HC. If we get a crappy recruiting class this year, it's going to make it so the next HC will need more years just to correct the depth (AKA the same excuse Golden has been using).

Also, I'm not sure when the Spring game is, but if it's while Shalala is still president, that is just stupid and pointless. Everything you do now before the new president gets here will be completely ineffective.

Save the Banners for after week 3 or 4. This will be Golden's last year if he doesn't win the Coastal, and that is a guarantee.

And don't even try to call me a Golden Slurper or whatever. I was praying he'd get the PSU job. And of course he should have been fired last year and with a competent administration he would have been. Still, having a banner at the spring game is stupid.

SLURPER,

All the points you raised have been REFUTED in numerous other posts. You didn't come up with even a sub-atomic particle sized new argument.

Do some research. Try again, if you can tear yourself away from Grolden's crotch.

Been a 'Canes fan for a good 35 years or so, since I was a kid and started watching football. Always been my team and my #1 focus as far as sports go at any level (I'd watch a 'Canes game over the Superbowl if I had to choose). Went to UM and got my degree there in '94. Got my son bleeding orange and green as well, to the point that he draws the "U" on pretty much every paper he gets his hands on.

The banner thing is juvenile, disruptive, embarrassing, and makes the fanbase look bad. Yes, the UM fanbase is widely considered to have a pretty large trashy component...and the truth is, it does.

Dear God, hopefully, not from the place I suspect.

Well, based on your pic and this statement, that pretty much shows the level of maturity, and intellect, that you possess. Gee, I wonder why so many view 'Canes fans as insane, immature, idiots. You are the poster boy for the "stereotypical" 'Canes fan. Sadly, the rest of us get lumped in with you losers.

This is an example of a typical insecure ***** worried about what others think, waiting for approval, confirmation, and gonads. This is a SLURPER. This is a Grolden clone. This is the embodiment of the mediocrity infestation plaguing the Former U.

Only a pathetic LOSER defines himself by what others think of him.
Only a pathetic LOSER rejects the accomplishments of the Former U, and the fanbase that loved it.

Real Canes fans REVEL in the Bad Boy image. Pathetic LOSERS are embarrassed or ashamed.

You want respect? WIN.
You want love? Get a dog.

No, losers are those who are impotent and frustrated so they think that throwing public tantrums shows that they are "doing something", when in fact all they are doing is looking like idiots and hurting the program they pretend to love (their only real love is for themselves).
So according to you, hurting the program is synonymous with hurting Golden? Because all the banner does is hurts Golden and his fan boys. There has not been a single thing on the banners that was harmful to the program. GTFOH

Advertisement
Well, here are quotes from Walton. Others have also made similar comments: “A lot of people are going on a rampage saying they want Golden gone, saying a lot of players want out of the University of Miami. Of course, as a recruit it hurts and makes you look elsewhere. But I just try not to get bothered with it.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article5950893.html#storylink=cpy

Apparently Walton and Scarlett even had discussions about it and it was very much an issue in consideration: “There are some times where I think I might want to leave too because of the negativity, but [Scarlett and I] just support each other and say, ‘Let’s not let it get into our heads,’” Walton said. “We’re going to play it out. We’re not worrying about what the fans are saying. We’re not worrying about the negative messages. We want to go in there and make changes, help bring The U back. That’s what we want to do. Hopefully, he’ll stick it out with me.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article5950893.html#storylink=cpy

That's just one example. I've seen others, including comments from parents. If you think that such a concern by recruits and parents is isolated, you're being delusional. Like I said, not wanting to have a fanbase act like immature, petulant toddlers throwing a tantrum and embarrassing the fanbase, and pushing away recruits, does not equate to supporting Golden or wanting him to stay.

Could not have said it better my self...

Thank you. I definitely appreciate the insights that you bring as the parent of not just any recruit, but a high-level, highly-sought after recruit. Thankfully you clearly understand that the very vocal, disruptive, and immature actions of a certain segment of the fanbase does not represent all of the fans. But unfortunately the loud and obnoxious minority are what many of the parents and recruits see upfront and center, and they are left with the impression that these are the types of "fans" they would be spending their college career playing for and dealing with.

LOL at this dude presenting himself as the model all University of Miami fans should aspire to be.

All this guy has done is throw the players under the bus and blame them for the shortcomings of the team, rather than the coaches:

Howard's problems are his and his alone. There's a reason that Corn Elder, shorter and less highly recruited, is taking up a lot of Howard's playing time. Elder tackles 100 times better than Howard, who can't seem to hit a stationary object in space when trying to tackle.

So flying banners and being vocally critical toward coaches is immature, but blaming the players and claiming their problems are only theirs is the type of fans these guys want to play for, right?

STFU scumbag.

No, I'm just me, I'm not a model for anyone. You can be you, even if that means being an immature, whiny baby. I don't throw any players under the bus. My comments on Howard are accurate. I'd wager that Howard himself realizes he hasn't lived up to his potential, just like Stacey Coley this past season. If you post the rest of my comments about him (but that would require being honest on your part) I've stated that he's got potential to be a top player. Doesn't change the fact that he hasn't played up to his potential, which is NOT due to coaching. Elder is getting the same coaching, yet doesn't miss all of the tackles that Howard misses. Bottom line is Elder earned the playing time over Howard.

So no, I won't "STFU"....especially just because some loser such as you tries to tell me to.

Your comments regarding Howard are not accurate because you have no fcking clue what has caused his problems.

You'r argument wasn't that Tracy hasn't lived up to his potential. It was that his problems are his and his alone, once again absolving all coaches of any guilt for his lack of progress.

What we DO know is that Howard became the top corner in the nation as a senior playing press coverage. We also know Golden's scheme hinders this type of play. Not playing to the strengths of your players - that's on the coaches and why the development of Corn Elder is an outlier and abberation when you consider a plethora of kids like Burns, Bush, Carter, etc. haven't lived up to their potential in College.

But that's all besides the point - only a dolt and scumbag like you would pin the blame the players for their lack of development.

If you sabotage the recruiting class it will cause an long term effect the next coach could consider him self lucky to pull in 3 stars his firsr two years...then he will go 5-8 and the cycle starts over again..all of that to say this...would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team? Me i think most games are won on NSD

flying a banner hurts recruiting and makes it harder for the program to be successful whether the coach is golden or anybody else.

my feeling is if you want golden fired you voice your opinion by not buying tickets, emailing the school, holding back donations etc. ultimately they take that all into account when they make a decision but I seriously doubt they make decisions based on banners.

Oh no, the super fans will tell you that not buying tickets and with holding donations hurts the kids. As does any public display of discontent.

You, sir, are not a real fan. The fact that you wrote this just cost us another elite, 5-star recruit.

So, why are []_[] on a Canes website, if the program is a dumpster fire? Troll

Shut yo puzzy *** up.

Jesus Christ how ******* retarded is that guy? It's like bomb reincarnated, on steroids.

LOL at the loser adults who would fly a banner at a spring game... LOL for you tools. but if you must can you do so before or after the HS recruits are there... thanks

Advertisement
Fire Golden ESPN.jpg

The thing is if you watch the draft and listen to most experts TALENT wise will say our team last year was top 5 in the nation. 3rd most invites to the combine and elite talent across the field.

So last year we felt we had 2 star coaching with a 5 star team. What did we get? 6-7

The thing that your leaving out is our location. I will take a 5 star coach who gets all of his 3-stars from Dade, Broward, West Palm & the rest in Florida all day. And match that with anyone else in the country and we will compete with the big dogs.

Quite an overstatement on your part. Yes, we certainly underachieved, and yes, the coaches haven't done what's needed thus far. However, no expert ever said we were a top 5 team in terms of talent. Among those that are in the draft, that group is in the top 5. As a team, we still had enormous holes in various positions, and limited depth.

So we had holes and depth problems in year 4?? Who's fault is that? I'm sorry but those are excuses.. Every team that wins figure those issues out and that's a coaching problem. Ask Ohio State how to handle that one using their 3rd string QB to win a championship.

Not sure if you and I watched the same team last year but OUR team last year should've beat FSU.. Also I saw a team that could've won the ACC. We ended up LAST in the coastal.

But keep cranking up that excuse machine.

Wow, you really are stupid. Yes, we did have holes and depth problems. Yes, the coaches have not been doing very well (I already stated that, but it might have been too many words for you to understand). Not once did I excuse the coaching. However, piling on more damage on top of the bad coaching certainly doesn't help the team get better.

Neither does forgetting what happened last year and going back to just cheering for Al. When something is wrong you fix it. You don't pretend it didn't happen or just try the same thing again. That's the definition of insanity. You need to address it and make the necessary changes. The longer Al sticks around the more damage that is being done.

..and all the banners in the world won't make any difference in when/if Golden is fired. It does, however, make recruits question whether they should come here. Given that some are already questioning, adding an extra reason doesn't help in any way.

Doesn't matter that you want Golden fired. They will still call you a "slurper". That's the extent of their mentality if you don't agree with their slash-and-burn, scorched earth, destroy the program mentality.

SLURPER,

All the points you raised have been REFUTED in numerous other posts. You didn't come up with even a sub-atomic particle sized new argument.

Do some research. Try again, if you can tear yourself away from Grolden's crotch.

Actually you haven't refuted anything. Illogical, childish, silly arguments such as yours aren't refutation, they are nonsense.

Advertisement
Could not have said it better my self...

Thank you. I definitely appreciate the insights that you bring as the parent of not just any recruit, but a high-level, highly-sought after recruit. Thankfully you clearly understand that the very vocal, disruptive, and immature actions of a certain segment of the fanbase does not represent all of the fans. But unfortunately the loud and obnoxious minority are what many of the parents and recruits see upfront and center, and they are left with the impression that these are the types of "fans" they would be spending their college career playing for and dealing with.

LOL at this dude presenting himself as the model all University of Miami fans should aspire to be.

All this guy has done is throw the players under the bus and blame them for the shortcomings of the team, rather than the coaches:

Howard's problems are his and his alone. There's a reason that Corn Elder, shorter and less highly recruited, is taking up a lot of Howard's playing time. Elder tackles 100 times better than Howard, who can't seem to hit a stationary object in space when trying to tackle.

So flying banners and being vocally critical toward coaches is immature, but blaming the players and claiming their problems are only theirs is the type of fans these guys want to play for, right?

STFU scumbag.

No, I'm just me, I'm not a model for anyone. You can be you, even if that means being an immature, whiny baby. I don't throw any players under the bus. My comments on Howard are accurate. I'd wager that Howard himself realizes he hasn't lived up to his potential, just like Stacey Coley this past season. If you post the rest of my comments about him (but that would require being honest on your part) I've stated that he's got potential to be a top player. Doesn't change the fact that he hasn't played up to his potential, which is NOT due to coaching. Elder is getting the same coaching, yet doesn't miss all of the tackles that Howard misses. Bottom line is Elder earned the playing time over Howard.

So no, I won't "STFU"....especially just because some loser such as you tries to tell me to.

Your comments regarding Howard are not accurate because you have no fcking clue what has caused his problems.

You'r argument wasn't that Tracy hasn't lived up to his potential. It was that his problems are his and his alone, once again absolving all coaches of any guilt for his lack of progress.

What we DO know is that Howard became the top corner in the nation as a senior playing press coverage. We also know Golden's scheme hinders this type of play. Not playing to the strengths of your players - that's on the coaches and why the development of Corn Elder is an outlier and abberation when you consider a plethora of kids like Burns, Bush, Carter, etc. haven't lived up to their potential in College.

But that's all besides the point - only a dolt and scumbag like you would pin the blame the players for their lack of development.

Not tackling properly and getting left with your jockstrap in your hand at least 1-2 times a game as you get shaken by a ballcarrier is definitely on the player, not the coach. That problem IS his and his alone. If you don't understand that, you're knowledge of football, or any athletic endeavor, is even lower than I originally thought.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He isn't going to be fired before the season starts, so what the **** is the purpose at flying a banner.

You're a kid, so I'll teach you instead of beat you. You fly a banner now knowing Folden won't be fired before the season for the same reason a boxer pounds the body in the first round knowing he's not going to knock his opponent out with a body blow in Round 1.

He isn't going to be fired before the season starts, so what the **** is the purpose at flying a banner.

You're a kid, so I'll teach you instead of beat you. You fly a banner now knowing Folden won't be fired before the season for the same reason a boxer pounds the body in the first round knowing he's not going to knock his opponent out with a body blow in Round 1.

Not the same dude. In this case having a banner at the spring game is more like acting like Anderson Silva and taunting right before he got knocked the **** out. (Basically your actions are bringing more harm than good).

Im all for banners and stuff, I was at the basketball games chanting to fire Golden, etc. But ONLYwhen it will have a good impact on what we are trying to do, and thats get Golden fired. The fact is he knows the pressure on himself already, and a banner at the spring game is nothing more than a message to fans and recruits. it is almost guaranteed the BOT wont care about it. They've already decided to give him another year, we cant change that.
so what is the purpose of having banner any of the first few weeks if the only affect it has is making the fan base look ****** and hurting recruiting. Basically Golden needs to give us a reason this year so that our banners will have a real effect. If we fly banners and we are 6-0 it would be absolutely meaningless and reflect poorly on the fanbase. Then it would become we cant even support our team when we are suceeding, or whatever else the media would say....and they definitely would..

So we all need to just chill out On the spring game. If Golden is as bad as we all know he is, he'll have a bad year

Not the same dude. In this case having a banner at the spring game is more like acting like Anderson Silva and taunting right before he got knocked the **** out. (Basically your actions are bringing more harm than good).

Im all for banners and stuff, I was at the basketball games chanting to fire Golden, etc. But ONLYwhen it will have a good impact on what we are trying to do, and thats get Golden fired. The fact is he knows the pressure on himself already, and a banner at the spring game is nothing more than a message to fans and recruits. it is almost guaranteed the BOT wont care about it. They've already decided to give him another year, we cant change that.
so what is the purpose of having banner any of the first few weeks if the only affect it has is making the fan base look ****ty and hurting recruiting. Basically Golden needs to give us a reason this year so that our banners will have a real effect. If we fly banners and we are 6-0 it would be absolutely meaningless and reflect poorly on the fanbase. Then it would become we cant even support our team when we are suceeding, or whatever else the media would say....and they definitely would..

So we all need to just chill out On the spring game. If Golden is as bad as we all know he is, he'll have a bad year

Yeah...I mean fvck logic!

What a porst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back