Spring Game Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sabotage the recruiting class it will cause an long term effect the next coach could consider him self lucky to pull in 3 stars his firsr two years...then he will go 5-8 and the cycle starts over again..all of that to say this...would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team? Me i think most games are won on NSD

The thing is if you watch the draft and listen to most experts TALENT wise will say our team last year was top 5 in the nation. 3rd most invites to the combine and elite talent across the field.

So last year we felt we had 2 star coaching with a 5 star team. What did we get? 6-7

The thing that your leaving out is our location. I will take a 5 star coach who gets all of his 3-stars from Dade, Broward, West Palm & the rest in Florida all day. And match that with anyone else in the country and we will compete with the big dogs.

Quite an overstatement on your part. Yes, we certainly underachieved, and yes, the coaches haven't done what's needed thus far. However, no expert ever said we were a top 5 team in terms of talent. Among those that are in the draft, that group is in the top 5. As a team, we still had enormous holes in various positions, and limited depth.

So we had holes and depth problems in year 4?? Who's fault is that? I'm sorry but those are excuses.. Every team that wins figure those issues out and that's a coaching problem. Ask Ohio State how to handle that one using their 3rd string QB to win a championship.

Not sure if you and I watched the same team last year but OUR team last year should've beat FSU.. Also I saw a team that could've won the ACC. We ended up LAST in the coastal.

But keep cranking up that excuse machine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
More excuses by the Goldie-bots. There's nothing that can be said that will convince them that their man crush is to blame for the dumpster fire that is the University of Miami football program.

If you sabotage the recruiting class it will cause an long term effect the next coach could consider him self lucky to pull in 3 stars his firsr two years...then he will go 5-8 and the cycle starts over again..all of that to say this...would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team? Me i think most games are won on NSD

flying a banner hurts recruiting and makes it harder for the program to be successful whether the coach is golden or anybody else.

my feeling is if you want golden fired you voice your opinion by not buying tickets, emailing the school, holding back donations etc. ultimately they take that all into account when they make a decision but I seriously doubt they make decisions based on banners.

Oh no, the super fans will tell you that not buying tickets and with holding donations hurts the kids. As does any public display of discontent.

You, sir, are not a real fan. The fact that you wrote this just cost us another elite, 5-star recruit.

Im curious how long have some of you against the banners been canes fans?

I only ask because the banner thing has been a norm

Been a 'Canes fan for a good 35 years or so, since I was a kid and started watching football. Always been my team and my #1 focus as far as sports go at any level (I'd watch a 'Canes game over the Superbowl if I had to choose). Went to UM and got my degree there in '94. Got my son bleeding orange and green as well, to the point that he draws the "U" on pretty much every paper he gets his hands on.

The banner thing is juvenile, disruptive, embarrassing, and makes the fanbase look bad. Yes, the UM fanbase is widely considered to have a pretty large trashy component...and the truth is, it does.

Dear God, hopefully, not from the place I suspect.

Well, based on your pic and this statement, that pretty much shows the level of maturity, and intellect, that you possess. Gee, I wonder why so many view 'Canes fans as insane, immature, idiots. You are the poster boy for the "stereotypical" 'Canes fan. Sadly, the rest of us get lumped in with you losers.

The thing is if you watch the draft and listen to most experts TALENT wise will say our team last year was top 5 in the nation. 3rd most invites to the combine and elite talent across the field.

So last year we felt we had 2 star coaching with a 5 star team. What did we get? 6-7

The thing that your leaving out is our location. I will take a 5 star coach who gets all of his 3-stars from Dade, Broward, West Palm & the rest in Florida all day. And match that with anyone else in the country and we will compete with the big dogs.

Quite an overstatement on your part. Yes, we certainly underachieved, and yes, the coaches haven't done what's needed thus far. However, no expert ever said we were a top 5 team in terms of talent. Among those that are in the draft, that group is in the top 5. As a team, we still had enormous holes in various positions, and limited depth.

So we had holes and depth problems in year 4?? Who's fault is that? I'm sorry but those are excuses.. Every team that wins figure those issues out and that's a coaching problem. Ask Ohio State how to handle that one using their 3rd string QB to win a championship.

Not sure if you and I watched the same team last year but OUR team last year should've beat FSU.. Also I saw a team that could've won the ACC. We ended up LAST in the coastal.

Wow, you really are stupid. Yes, we did have holes and depth problems. Yes, the coaches have not been doing very well (I already stated that, but it might have been too many words for you to understand). Not once did I excuse the coaching. However, piling on more damage on top of the bad coaching certainly doesn't help the team get better.

Advertisement

Lol. It was an overstatement. Jesus.

Every team with a pulse dominated FSU in the first half, their defense wasn't very good. Ironically, Oregon was the only team that didn't dominate the first half, and that game was blown open with like 5 Dalvin Cook fumbles. So big deal.

Last years team should have won 9-10 games with a real coach, but it wasn't top 5 talent wise. That's stupid. There wasn't a position group on the roster that could claim top 5 status nationally except for maybe WR if Coley performed well. One good draft class doesn't make a team a top 5 roster, and The top teams pump out 7-10 NFL players annually.

Also, It was 3rd in the state of Florida in combine invites, not 3rd nationally. So yes a bit of an exaggeration. Clemson, FSU and Louisville will have more players drafted in the first three rounds, and Oregon, USC, Auburn, and Oklahoma will have about as many players drafted.

You are smoking rocks if you think it was truly a top 5 team in terms of talent. But yes Al Golden sucks, and a limp ***** could win more games.

See how many Don Bailey Jr's are in this thread w/ their jimmies rustled? That's exactly why fans fly the banner.. To get a reaction.

Nobody wants to be embarrassed. So we fly the banner so the slurpers get embarrassed and they will want to make a move.. Like firing the coach. Quite simple.

This is worth quoting again.

Been a 'Canes fan for a good 35 years or so, since I was a kid and started watching football. Always been my team and my #1 focus as far as sports go at any level (I'd watch a 'Canes game over the Superbowl if I had to choose). Went to UM and got my degree there in '94. Got my son bleeding orange and green as well, to the point that he draws the "U" on pretty much every paper he gets his hands on.

The banner thing is juvenile, disruptive, embarrassing, and makes the fanbase look bad. Yes, the UM fanbase is widely considered to have a pretty large trashy component...and the truth is, it does.

Well, based on your pic and this statement, that pretty much shows the level of maturity, and intellect, that you possess. Gee, I wonder why so many view 'Canes fans as insane, immature, idiots. You are the poster boy for the "stereotypical" 'Canes fan. Sadly, the rest of us get lumped in with you losers.

This is an example of a typical insecure ***** worried about what others think, waiting for approval, confirmation, and gonads. This is a SLURPER. This is a Grolden clone. This is the embodiment of the mediocrity infestation plaguing the Former U.

Only a pathetic LOSER defines himself by what others think of him.
Only a pathetic LOSER rejects the accomplishments of the Former U, and the fanbase that loved it.

Real Canes fans REVEL in the Bad Boy image. Pathetic LOSERS are embarrassed or ashamed.

You want respect? WIN.
You want love? Get a dog.

Marshall...you're attempting to teach a ****** advanced trigonometry. Don't bother.

There's a common link between these Golden supporters...they are among the biggest ******* retards to ever post on this board.

Advertisement
If you guys fly a banner it needs to be a positive one.. flying a fire golden banner in late October when were barley bowl eligible is not a bad idea. But flying one at a spring football game full of weavering recruits is probably not a smart thing to do.

Who cares what recruits come here or not at this point. Fifteen five star recruits wouldn't matter with this coaching staff. This staff will find a way to botch that up. As much as I am a fan, I also think it is selfish to want kids to come here to be poorly coached, poorly developed and under used and cost them a chance at a million dollar pay day. It is their future and they need to think about it carefully. No recruit not coming here will do as much damage as keeping Golden around. Just because administration refused to do that right thing doesn't mean we just forget and blindly support this joke of a coaching staff. I never understood how being a fan means completely forgetting how to use your reasoning skills.

..yet you just used a complete lack of sound reasoning.

Sounds like you're a Golden slurper who is too stupid to see that administration is giving you a guilt trip for expressing your frustration about Golden's incompetency.

Last edited:

This is an example of a typical insecure ***** worried about what others think, waiting for approval, confirmation, and gonads. This is a SLURPER. This is a Grolden clone. This is the embodiment of the mediocrity infestation plaguing the Former U.

Only a pathetic LOSER defines himself by what others think of him.
Only a pathetic LOSER rejects the accomplishments of the Former U, and the fanbase that loved it.

Real Canes fans REVEL in the Bad Boy image. Pathetic LOSERS are embarrassed or ashamed.

You want respect? WIN.
You want love? Get a dog.

No, losers are those who are impotent and frustrated so they think that throwing public tantrums shows that they are "doing something", when in fact all they are doing is looking like idiots and hurting the program they pretend to love (their only real love is for themselves).

Marshall...you're attempting to teach a ****** advanced trigonometry. Don't bother.

There's a common link between these Golden supporters...they are among the biggest ******* retards to ever post on this board.

Says the guy who's every post indicates that his IQ is well short of triple digits.

Every team with a pulse dominated FSU in the first half, their defense wasn't very good. Ironically, Oregon was the only team that didn't dominate the first half, and that game was blown open with like 5 Dalvin Cook fumbles. So big deal.

Last years team should have won 9-10 games with a real coach, but it wasn't top 5 talent wise. That's stupid. There wasn't a position group on the roster that could claim top 5 status nationally except for maybe WR if Coley performed well. One good draft class doesn't make a team a top 5 roster, and The top teams pump out 7-10 NFL players annually.

Also, It was 3rd in the state of Florida in combine invites, not 3rd nationally. So yes a bit of an exaggeration. Clemson, FSU and Louisville will have more players drafted in the first three rounds, and Oregon, USC, Auburn, and Oklahoma will have about as many players drafted.

You are smoking rocks if you think it was truly a top 5 team in terms of talent. But yes Al Golden sucks, and a limp ***** could win more games.

No they won't.... I can see fsu but miami will have 5-6 in the first 2-3 rounds...
flowers
Dorsett
Perryman
Johnson
Walford
as all go in 3rd round or higher with an outside chance of chickillo who is getting 3rd-4 th round consideration right now...

Advertisement

Most invitees:
FSU: 12
Alabama/Louisville: 11
Florida: 9
Miami/USC: 8

My bad not 3rd tied at 4th or top 6 however you feel like looking at it.. And you named 3 teams who will have more players drafted in the 1st 3 days so.. I'm so far off I'm smoking crack.

We had enough talent to win big this year.

Wow, you really are stupid. Yes, we did have holes and depth problems. Yes, the coaches have not been doing very well (I already stated that, but it might have been too many words for you to understand). Not once did I excuse the coaching. However, piling on more damage on top of the bad coaching certainly doesn't help the team get better.

Neither does forgetting what happened last year and going back to just cheering for Al. When something is wrong you fix it. You don't pretend it didn't happen or just try the same thing again. That's the definition of insanity. You need to address it and make the necessary changes. The longer Al sticks around the more damage that is being done.

would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team?

I'd say about half the teams in the final AP top 25 have the LATTER proportion...****, you don't even have to look that far, look at the top 2 teams in the Coastal last year (GT & Duke).

Quality coaching & talent don't have to be exclusive.

Advertisement

No they won't.... I can see fsu but miami will have 5-6 in the first 2-3 rounds...
flowers
Dorsett
Perryman
Johnson
Walford
as all go in 3rd round or higher with an outside chance of chickillo who is getting 3rd-4 th round consideration right now...

Which is just another reason why Golden is such a tremendous pile of ****, and easily the worst coach in the country.

Still waiting for the list of recruits that left because of the banner?

I wanna add that im not a big fan of the banner as i stated in my first post but thats the way this fan base is and you gotta get used to it, like i said if he was winning then this wouldnt be a issue at all

flying a banner hurts recruiting and makes it harder for the program to be successful whether the coach is golden or anybody else.

my feeling is if you want golden fired you voice your opinion by not buying tickets, emailing the school, holding back donations etc. ultimately they take that all into account when they make a decision but I seriously doubt they make decisions based on banners.

Oh no, the super fans will tell you that not buying tickets and with holding donations hurts the kids. As does any public display of discontent.

You, sir, are not a real fan. The fact that you wrote this just cost us another elite, 5-star recruit.

So, why are []_[] on a Canes website, if the program is a dumpster fire? Troll

So, why are []_[] on a Canes website, if the program is a dumpster fire? Troll

Shut yo puzzy *** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back